4th day of ownership and awaiting breakdown service!

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

Started the car to move on my drive to charge it for the 1st time and the screen threw up a number of alerts....

Charged to 80% and longer have any info on either screen apart from reversing camera if I put it in reverse.....

Will drive but cannot use on road as no speedometer.

Have no idea how to reboot software - any suggestions?

Dave

Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

i think you if you press and hold the on/off button for 10-20 seconds it will reboot
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Sherlock wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 11:43 am i think you if you press and hold the on/off button for 10-20 seconds it will reboot
thats the button on the infotainment to be clear
daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

Thanks

Have tried - not working.......

Dave
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Have you tried pulling fuse 19 in the glovebox fuse box, waiting 10 minutes, then putting it back in? This seems to clear a lot of display problems for many people.

Layout :

92C11C71-DB34-4E99-AEA5-089AD4FF282E.jpeg

Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

AA arrived- are not allowed to work on ID3 (or 4) can only recover to dealer.

Car now on the way to Salisbury.

Not the start I hoped for......
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Very disappointing. I hope its resolved quickly for you.
🤞
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

daveevans8 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:36 pm AA arrived- are not allowed to work on ID3 (or 4) can only recover to dealer.

Oof, sorry to hear that. I hope it gets resolved permanently quickly.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Good luck hopefully just a one off problem.
ytshome

Post by ytshome »

I’m sorry to hear of you predicament but can I ask if they left you with a replacement?
craig

Post by craig »

had this on courtesy car ID3 but all cleared next morning and it was ok after that hope yours is the same good luck
VW ID3 Max Pro Performance Glacier White Metallic
daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

Many thanks to all for you comments.

Breakdown cover offered to find a car - they use Enterprise Car Hire who were only able to offer me a Transit van yesterday! Car hire is only for 2 days then has to be approved for extension.

Not sure if this is a dealer responsibility or VW. I know that under consumer law my contract is with the dealer but have had experience of another dealer trying to say the manufacturer is responsible.

Car hire provision has now been transferred to my local Enterprise branch who 'may' be able to supply one today......

So at this point I have no car (my wife's car died last week and has had to be sold for salvage) no replacement and no idea when I will get my £33,000 new car back.

My last car was an Audi Q3 which I kept for 6 years with absolutely no problems. Drove as well on the day I sold it as the day I purchased it. Currently bitterly regret selling it and buying the VW.

My biggest fear is that the car will need new parts and be caught up in the current supply chain problems the VAG group is experiencing.

My son part owns the biggest legal firm in Wales so will have plenty of high quality legal advice available, hopefully it won't come to a dispute but I am not sure I will ever trust the car again and have already researched my rights to reject.

All in all not the best start to my relationship with VW but let's see how they respond.

Will keep you all updated.

Dave
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Utumno wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:19 pm Have you tried pulling fuse 19 in the glovebox fuse box, waiting 10 minutes, then putting it back in? This seems to clear a lot of display problems for many people.

That's the hack for when the car won't go "online", nothing to do with the display as far as I'm aware.
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

You have probably tried this, but reboot the console (keep on button pressed for 20 seconds).
Switch the car off/lock it. Switched back on 5 mins later.

rgds
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

Tried to re-boot - did not work.

Enterprise were useless but the dealer is on the way with a replacement car.

They are checking the car this afternoon so will contact me later.

Will update later......
Kaygee

Post by Kaygee »

daveevans8 wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 12:36 pm AA arrived- are not allowed to work on ID3 (or 4) can only recover to dealer.

This happened to me on Saturday. Drove the car to do some shopping, all ok. Returned to car and no speedo/ infotainment screen.
AA assistance came out, unscrewed battery terminal, re-tightened, held the on/off button on the infotainment screen for 15seconds all back working ok.
I don't know why the AA said they could not work on the car.
The AA chap who did mine had never worked on an ID.3 or any electric car before.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Kaygee wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:19 pm

This happened to me on Saturday. Drove the car to do some shopping, all ok. Returned to car and no speedo/ infotainment screen.
AA assistance came out, unscrewed battery terminal, re-tightened, held the on/off button on the infotainment screen for 15seconds all back working ok.
I don't know why the AA said they could not work on the car.
The AA chap who did mine had never worked on an ID.3 or any electric car before.

Hard reboot, works every time. This leads me to suspect that pulling F19 might have been a self-service fix after all.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

daveevans8

Post by daveevans8 »

Just informed that small screen has faults and needs replacing. Looking to source a new one and will contact me tomorrow with update.
The saga continues!
ytshome

Post by ytshome »

Not sure it'll make you feel any better but just by the way of balance I collected my brand new Mercedes GLE 400d Premium Plus on Friday and after a total mileage of 60 miles and a failed technician visit I'm waiting for a tow truck too. So it's not just VW.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

ytshome wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:45 pm Not sure it'll make you feel any better but just by the way of balance I collected my brand new Mercedes GLE 400d Premium Plus on Friday and after a total mileage of 60 miles and a failed technician visit I'm waiting for a tow truck too. So it's not just VW.
No but it is German. Maybe they don't like non-EU customers now! :cry: