Car collection activities?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Gwyver

Post by Gwyver »

I got a call from the dealer this afternoon to say that my new ID.3 has arrived - so I've arranged to collect it on Friday morning.

Just looking for advice on what are my 'must does' at the dealership before driving the car away.

Thanks

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

You must drink as many Flavia hot chocolates as you can, each with a Biscoff biscuit - same applies at service time and for any warranty work!

:lol:
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

We Connect ID. app on your phone paired with the car.

Check the software version on Settings > System information, if must be at least 0792 if not 0910.

Type 2 charge cable in the boot, plus a few tools in the compartment under the boot liner.

Car charged to at least 80%.

Other than that, it’s the same as collecting any new car.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

I haven't ever had a new car before, and have wondered this myself.

e.g. how many miles on the clock would be normal, and how many would be suspect etc.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I've had 14 new VWs, 10-15 miles on the clock when you pick it up is pretty normal (PDI testing, unloading etc)

TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

Check that the dealer has put a proper set of green number plates on for you! Ours was supplied with regular plates but the dealer (Swansway in Wrexham, who have been really good) have just made up a set of green ones and posted them to me.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
Gwyver

Post by Gwyver »

TheJimster wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:31 pm Check that the dealer has put a proper set of green number plates on for you! Ours was supplied with regular plates but the dealer (Swansway in Wrexham, who have been really good) have just made up a set of green ones and posted them to me.
Actually I've asked that the dealer supplies 'regular' plates - which remains a legal option - as I think the specified shade of green is unpleasant. (I guess this is just a matter of personal preference.)
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I have green plates (wasn't asked what I wanted) and I am not sure they add any benefit whatsoever. Any exemption from charging is based on actual Number plate and has been covered on here in London requires specific registration anyway. Free parking as was suggested doesn't seem to have been adopted by many (if any) councils. Also living in Wales, many cars have a green/white number plate anyway so it just looks like a Welsh flag that's incomplete.

I did follow a 10 year old A6 the other day, the back was filthy black with soot but it had a shiny new number plate with a Green slash?

Some other collection checks mentioned here : viewtopic.php?f=8&t=929&p=6600&hilit=Collection#p6600
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:09 pm I've had 14 new VWs, 10-15 miles on the clock when you pick it up is pretty normal (PDI testing, unloading etc)
Wow my new cars in the past had 2 miles on the clock, including ones imported from Belgium and Holland delivered by transporter when prices were much lower in Europe.

Even pre-registered models in the UK show <2 miles on the clock. 15 miles seems high to me.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Cherry wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:59 am
monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:09 pm I've had 14 new VWs, 10-15 miles on the clock when you pick it up is pretty normal (PDI testing, unloading etc)
Wow my new cars in the past had 2 miles on the clock, including ones imported from Belgium and Holland delivered by transporter when prices were much lower in Europe.

Even pre-registered models in the UK show <2 miles on the clock. 15 miles seems high to me.
Yes, in hindsight I should've rejected those cars for not being "new" :lol:

With digital odometer, it's easy to reset back to zero. The dockworkers could rag it around the docks and then reset to zero at the dealers.

15 miles is of no concern - I put 274 miles on mine, just getting it home.

Deleted User 192

TheJimster wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:31 pm Check that the dealer has put a proper set of green number plates on for you! Ours was supplied with regular plates but the dealer (Swansway in Wrexham, who have been really good) have just made up a set of green ones and posted them to me.

Green plates are entirely optional, and there are zero benefits to the driver - if you want to be part of a government awareness campaign then fill yer boots...
Deleted User 192

Gwyver wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 6:52 am
Actually I've asked that the dealer supplies 'regular' plates - which remains a legal option - as I think the specified shade of green is unpleasant. (I guess this is just a matter of personal preference.)

Good for you.

My dealer swapped my perfectly good plain plates for green ones when it went into the workshop for an update, without asking me first, I made them swap them back.
Deleted User 192

G43FAN wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:22 am I have green plates (wasn't asked what I wanted) and I am not sure they add any benefit whatsoever.

There are none. They are a government awareness campaign.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:27 am
Cherry wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 7:59 am

With digital odometer, it's easy to reset back to zero. The dockworkers could rag it around the docks and then reset to zero at the dealers.

It's a part of why I didn't want someone to 'deliver it' by driving it, as you hear some stories. Wasn't keen on having a pre-farted in car :D

I guess my paranoia is such that I worry that the dealer might use a car as a cheeky little 'demo' before collecting, and so finding more than expected odo readings, what with the available examples being very thin on the ground for them
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:27 am
Well, you did pay a "used" car price with your unbeatable deals! :D
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

scott28tt wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:45 am

Green plates are entirely optional, and there are zero benefits to the driver - if you want to be part of a government awareness campaign then fill yer boots...
If you want to encourage other drivers to change to BEVs then do it I say.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

I'm 100% asking for normal plates, hate EV plates.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

And I'm very much of the "honestly, who gives a s**t" brigade regarding what a number plate looks like
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Deleted User 192

gailjon wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:26 am
scott28tt wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 8:45 am

If you want to encourage other drivers to change to BEVs then do it I say.

Each to their own, I don't need ugly green splodges on my number plates to do that.
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Utumno wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:45 am And I'm very much of the "honestly, who gives a s**t" brigade regarding what a number plate looks like
Me too, as long as it’s legal, you see so many dodgy plates around
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car