My VW order tracker

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Got on the chat. Nothing I asked got anything back other than this. I'll chase the dealer too, see if I get more than "Computer Says No"...

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 19.14.16.png

(the chat problem was due to my working-from-home vpn blocking the connection - worked ok on my home wifi)
[/quote]

Unfortunately looks like you got one of the "can't be asked".
Not helpful at all.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus

ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Utumno wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:16 pm
Newfie wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:37 pm It might be worth asking VW CS via their chat service and asked what the provisional build week is as there usually is one on every order.
Be interesting to see how far it gets pushed back.

Got on the chat. Nothing I asked got anything back other than this. I'll chase the dealer too, see if I get more than "Computer Says No"...

Screenshot 2021-08-16 at 19.14.16.png

(the chat problem was due to my working-from-home vpn blocking the connection - worked ok on my home wifi)
I got the same thing as well. Have to get in touch with the dealer for more info
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Wolfsburg

Post by Wolfsburg »

Utumno wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 3:18 pm
Wolfsburg wrote: ↑Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:09 pm Due to order tracker being down I emailed dealer for delivery update, car was ordered 10/07/21, this was their response.

Just thought I would drop you an email regarding the latest update on your order.

Like many other manufacturers and other sectors of industry, we are experiencing some supply chain issues and a few of our components

are in short supply, in particular those relating to semiconductors, which have reduced VW production capacity.

This means delivery times for some of our model lines are a little longer than we would normally expect.

The latest information on your ID-3 order 313XXXXX, delivery is now going to be more likely into next year.

Please be assured VW are working hard to deliver your chosen vehicle as quickly as possible.

Our Tour was ordered 12-July, order number 31384xxx. Dealer said December, possibly 2022. Would be interested to know if your order number is within the same/similar 1000, as that would certainly fit with the guidance I've got. I mean it's not good news, but it's at least some confirmation :-D
My order number 313719
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

Just had confirmation that my car is at the dealers! πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Roll on 1st September!
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

Though I would share. Via VW CS chat, I was just informed that my car is now in Stage 4 'In Build', one month earlier than told a month ago by the dealer - great news. Additionally, I asked about the on-line Order Tracker and was told it is undergoing changes and expected to return (though no date commitment).
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

So now, just to add insult to injury, I received a notification via SMS to tell me the order status SMS alerts are being withdrawn. An already poor "service" just got worse. Not really interested in a jam tomorrow answer from customer service, the numpties at VWUK should not withdraw a service until they have a working replacement. Not sure if they are clowns or crooks......
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Up the jumper wrote: ↑Thu Aug 19, 2021 4:54 pm Not sure if they are clowns or crooks......

Never attribute anything to maliciousness that could be attributed to stupidity. There's a lot more stupid around than there is malicious.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

I also received the SMS notification last night. So this morning I get a response from my dealer. In fact its not even scheduled for build, so I check again with VW CS and they confirm the same. Shonky is being too kind.
vincent_van_go

Post by vincent_van_go »

The CS agent gave me this name:

"You would be speaking with your selling Retailer Nick as they have the Sales Contract. If you wish to complain regarding my service then it would be sent to customerservices@volkswagen.co.uk for the attention of Paul Wilkinson. He is my manager and can discuss our access and overviews."

She confirmed this is the individual: https://www.linkedin.com/in/paul-wilkinson-125598177/
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

vincent_van_go wrote: ↑Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:00 am I also received the SMS notification last night. So this morning I get a response from my dealer. In fact its not even scheduled for build, so I check again with VW CS and they confirm the same. Shonky is being too kind.
It's obviously not good news for you but there is an article in today's Times of interest. VW are mentioned:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/toyo ... -gk5nbpxr8
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

And in the Guardian.
Alanpyle

Post by Alanpyle »

I ordered a Family Pro on the 4th September,when do you think delivery will be?
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

If ordered September I’d estimate March or April.
phixion

Post by phixion »

Ordered an ID.3 Tour back in July, it was due for delivery mid October but have been told it's going to be at least another 1 month.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
borofergie

Post by borofergie »

Alanpyle wrote: ↑Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:23 am I ordered a Family Pro on the 4th of September,when do you think delivery will be?
I ordered my Family Pro Performance on September 6th (31454xxx). I heard this morning that it arrived in the UK on Friday and that it should be at the dealer later this week or early next. Although judging by my order number and date, I might have been rather fortunate in getting mine so "quickly".

The dealer can obviously sniff the prospect of some more money because he has started asking me if I want to sign up to the new ID3 service plan - first two services for Β£329. You do wonder how much there is to service on what is essentially a battery and four electric motors.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

borofergie wrote: ↑Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:09 pm
Alanpyle wrote: ↑Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:23 am I ordered a Family Pro on the 4th of September,when do you think delivery will be?
I ordered my Family Pro Performance on September 6th (31454xxx). I heard this morning that it arrived in the UK on Friday and that it should be at the dealer later this week or early next. Although judging by my order number and date, I might have been rather fortunate in getting mine so "quickly".

The dealer can obviously sniff the prospect of some more money because he has started asking me if I want to sign up to the new ID3 service plan - first two services for Β£329. You do wonder how much there is to service on what is essentially a battery and four electric motors.

There’s only 1 electric motor in an ID.3, driving the rear wheels, as far as I know!

By all means take a look at https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... ctric.html as well

As far as I can work out an ID.3 service consists of basic roadworthiness checks, plus the highly important three additional electric vehicle checks you get :-

* Open the boot and check the charging cable is present. If it's present, visually check it for physical damage.
* Plug the car into an electric car charger
* Open the bonnet and visually check that the big orange high voltage cables are there, secure and undamaged.

In short, a service engineer spends about 15 minutes doing the roadworthiness checks the vehicle owner should be doing regularly anyway, and visually looks at stuff to make sure it's a) there and b) looks like it might work.

If you think that merits £329 of your hard-earned, I have a lovely bridge to sell you 😊
Last edited by Utumno on Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Even less then πŸ˜‚
My car was ordered 3 days after this post and my est delivery is June πŸ˜…
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

The first service is at 2 years and is an inspection.. sounds like he's selling you an ICE service pack, ask for details of what they do as the follow up service is 12 months so that's your first 3 years covered.

You still can't buy a Service plan for an ID via the VW web page.
borofergie

Post by borofergie »

borofergie wrote: ↑Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:09 pm I ordered my Family Pro Performance on September 6th (31454xxx). I heard this morning that it arrived in the UK on Friday and that it should be at the dealer later this week or early next. Although judging by my order number and date, I might have been rather fortunate in getting mine so "quickly".
Just heard that my car will be ready to pick up on Friday. Eeek.

That's 130 days or 4 months 8 days since the order was placed. Although I think I might have been lucky.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

borofergie wrote: ↑Mon Jan 10, 2022 4:26 pm
borofergie wrote: ↑Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:09 pm I ordered my Family Pro Performance on September 6th (31454xxx). I heard this morning that it arrived in the UK on Friday and that it should be at the dealer later this week or early next. Although judging by my order number and date, I might have been rather fortunate in getting mine so "quickly".
Just heard that my car will be ready to pick up on Friday. Eeek.

That's 130 days or 4 months 8 days since the order was placed. Although I think I might have been lucky.

Good news though!

6 months and counting for our order, almost to the day.
Tesla Model Y Long Range