MY updates coming soon?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Zobware

Post by Zobware »

Anyone think there is any truth in the below? When do VW usually do their MY updates?

https://evglobe.com/2021/10/19/vw-id3-u ... -facelift/

tomstring

Post by tomstring »

If I get a slightly improved model when I take delivery in March it’ll be even more worth the wait.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

We'll know soon enough, if they're building those from November you can expect the brochure to update over the next few weeks.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Nice, so sounds like it’s getting the bigger screen from the ID.4. Some better interior materials would be very welcome too!
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Actual text concerning November changes Google translated from this article - www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-id.x-test-pr ... 31021.html - from an interview with Brand CEO Ralf Brandstätter:

"In the interior, some things are already being changed here that bothers customers the most - and what VW will bring in new equipment lines for the ID.3 from the end of November 2021 . 12-inch instead of 10-inch screen , the unpopular sliders finally illuminated, better fabrics, interior door surfaces covered with Alcantara. "The buyers' criticism has arrived," says Brandstätter, the facelift will be brought forward to the beginning of 2023 , where there will be, among other things, completely new interior door panels, decorative stitching instead of plastic in garbage can gray, a new front apron and hood, the blind split rear lights will really shine in the future. Jozef Kaban, the new chief designer, is responsible for the changes that are intended to enhance the ID.3."

Bearing in mind Google translate also has in the same article "Now he has locked himself away with his team, tinkering, testing, screwing. The goal: Can there be more?" we could well be missing out on nuances...
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Utumno wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:44 pm We'll know soon enough, if they're building those from November you can expect the brochure to update over the next few weeks.
When do you expect the brochure to be updated? No updates in October so far
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

metcast wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:36 pm
Utumno wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:44 pm We'll know soon enough, if they're building those from November you can expect the brochure to update over the next few weeks.
I don't, given I don't expect the article linked by the OP to be accurate 😂

However it stands to reason (and our previous experience!) that if VW are making interior changes in November, those interior changes will be detailed in the brochure if they're as visible as claimed (bigger infotainment etc). Our old Tiguan had an infotainment upgrade between point of order and point of build under identical circumstances, and the brochure change was dated at exactly the switchover date to the new style infotainment.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Utumno wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:21 pm
metcast wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:36 pm
I don't, given I don't expect the article linked by the OP to be accurate 😂

However it stands to reason (and our previous experience!) that if VW are making interior changes in November, those interior changes will be detailed in the brochure if they're as visible as claimed (bigger infotainment etc). Our old Tiguan had an infotainment upgrade between point of order and point of build under identical circumstances, and the brochure change was dated at exactly the switchover date to the new style infotainment.
The article refers VW as the source, so this could well have been in the making for a while and they are announcing it now. We'll find out soon enough.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

VW have confirmed nothing.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

scott28tt wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:58 am VW have confirmed nothing.
The article isn't explicit, but it seems to be fully based on info received from VW, even when not in quotation marks. Given that they have VW quotations I would expect VW Comms to have looked it over before publication as well.

As noted, we'll find out soon enough.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
Lammy

Post by Lammy »

I noticed that the Cupra Born that is basically an ID.3 has the bigger screen as standard - due to launch around the same time next yet so that is believable.
First edition

Share £100 with me when you sign up
share.octopus.energy/dense-crab-700
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

When we ordered our e208 last year the spec was changed substantially after we ordered and dealers had no information on it and the brochure and website did not have the new information until after our car was delivered. Basically Peugeot decided to create a new GT Premium model and remove some items from the spec of the GT to downgrade it from top of range...which we had ordered. Seat upholstery changed, ACC dropped, heated seats dropped, phone charging plate dropped. So quite major but neither dealer or leasing company had any awareness this was in the pipeline until the vehicle arrived at the dealer.

I think lots of car companies are changing specifications these days without much notification as leasing companies now make you sign a document indicating they are not responsible for any unforeseen specification changes by the manufacturer and warn you at contract signing that it might happen!

I guess we will find out in due course...maybe 2021 is just a misprint and it should read Nov 2022.
Ordered 21.8.21
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Smitten wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:27 pm

I guess we will find out in due course...maybe 2021 is just a misprint and it should read Nov 2022.
Have to admit, I read the article and wondered the same. They mention the Beginning of 2023 so announcing in Nov 2022 would make a lot more sense? (lol listen to me - sense!)
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Timing-wise it would indeed make sense for the modifications to come on-stream from November 2022, ready for cars being delivered in early 2023 - I suppose these would be the 'new' 2023 model. I also thought that VW had trumpeted the various changes in the model line-up from July this year as being for the '2022 model year' id3, so again, further changes in November next year would appear to make sense.

However, the article does say 'The revised ID.3 coming in just a few weeks will also receive...' so who knows? Also, I understand the new Cupra Born features the 12" screen, and as it is built on the same production lines as the id3, maybe it's just more economic to source and fit 12" screens to both models rather than have two different screens to source/purchase/install? I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Uphamid3 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:11 pm Timing-wise it would indeed make sense for the modifications to come on-stream from November 2022, ready for cars being delivered in early 2023 - I suppose these would be the 'new' 2023 model. I also thought that VW had trumpeted the various changes in the model line-up from July this year as being for the '2022 model year' id3, so again, further changes in November next year would appear to make sense.

However, the article does say 'The revised ID.3 coming in just a few weeks will also receive...' so who knows? Also, I understand the new Cupra Born features the 12" screen, and as it is built on the same production lines as the id3, maybe it's just more economic to source and fit 12" screens to both models rather than have two different screens to source/purchase/install? I guess we'll just have to wait and see!
Either way we will get what we ordered or something slightly better! So I am happy either way. ☺
Ordered 21.8.21
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I've just been sat with my dealer and we both went through all the MY22 changes. His last update was 22nd October and there was no mention to any changes in the ID.3. The news article in question was dated the 19th October and the Auto Bild article was 18th October. So it seems weird the dealers have not been informed of these changes.
So its any bodies guess what's the story is?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Newfie wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:22 pm I've just been sat with my dealer and we both went through all the MY22 changes. His last update was 22nd October and there was no mention to any changes in the ID.3. The news article in question was dated the 19th October and the Auto Bild article was 18th October. So it seems weird the dealers have not been informed of these changes.
I will email the journalist and ask him. Let you know if I get a response :roll:
Ordered 21.8.21
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Smitten wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:09 pm
Newfie wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 3:22 pm I've just been sat with my dealer and we both went through all the MY22 changes. His last update was 22nd October and there was no mention to any changes in the ID.3. The news article in question was dated the 19th October and the Auto Bild article was 18th October. So it seems weird the dealers have not been informed of these changes.
I will email the journalist and ask him. Let you know if I get a response :roll:
Thanks for that.
Be interesting to see what's said if you get a reply.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Chivers

Post by Chivers »

Smitten wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 4:28 pm Actual text concerning November changes Google translated from this article - www.autobild.de/artikel/vw-id.x-test-pr ... 31021.html - from an interview with Brand CEO Ralf Brandstätter:

"In the interior, some things are already being changed here that bothers customers the most - and what VW will bring in new equipment lines for the ID.3 from the end of November 2021 . 12-inch instead of 10-inch screen , the unpopular sliders finally illuminated, better fabrics, interior door surfaces covered with Alcantara. "The buyers' criticism has arrived," says Brandstätter, the facelift will be brought forward to the beginning of 2023 , where there will be, among other things, completely new interior door panels, decorative stitching instead of plastic in garbage can gray, a new front apron and hood, the blind split rear lights will really shine in the future. Jozef Kaban, the new chief designer, is responsible for the changes that are intended to enhance the ID.3."

Bearing in mind Google translate also has in the same article "Now he has locked himself away with his team, tinkering, testing, screwing. The goal: Can there be more?" we could well be missing out on nuances...

I speak German. You get the drift in the Google translation - except he sounds more serious in the original German. ;)
ID.3 Family 150kw, built 11/2020.
v2.4 in Apr. 2023. . .
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

I don't think it's remotely weird that the dealers haven't been informed, they're usually the last to know anything!
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten