WeConnect Woes

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Mike N

Post by Mike N »

I have owned my 1st Edition since Feb this year with no major dramas. Whilst the app has significant limitations, at least it has worked, until now. Last week I noticed that the app homescreen was blank apart from the edit homescreen link. The other screens showed my car and profile data normally. I tried reconnecting my phone to the car and after many attempts, it would not display the QR code with the caption "This facility is not available at this time, please try later." After lots frustration I tried deleting/reinstalling the app and deleting my car from the app. I then restarted the infotainment system and took the car back to factory settings.

I now cannot add my car to the app and I have had a message from VW saying that I have 2 weeks to re-install my car to the app. I have tried it with the car in strong 4G reception areas with no joy. I thought I would try and see whether anyone on here has been through the same minefield before throwing in the towel and returning the car to the VW service centre.

Any ideas?

Mike N

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Sorry Mike. The app has frustrated me in the past but has settled in nicely through 2.1 and 2.3 SW.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
roadhawk

Post by roadhawk »

I take it all other comms in the car is functioning ok, so the SoS light in the roof is green, and the navigation app works ok, and shows suggested destinations with times in green at start up after about a minute (showing connectivity to the VW servers)

Have you tried to login on the web to see what it thinks in My Volkswagen in case that helps (not sure if it will)
https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/myvolks ... arage.html , e.g.

Screenshot 2021-10-29 at 18.05.55.png

VW ID.3 1st Edition, Glacier White, Software version: 0363 aka 3.0 OTA
Split £100 with my Octopus energy referral code: https://share.octopus.energy/ochre-hare-348
Receive £8 referral credit each with Bonnet referral code RJ5M8 https://www.joinbonnet.com/
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I just logged into MyVolkswagen again and have had to delete my previous car from my profile again in order to be able to see the ID. and I found the folloiwing message.

Mobile online services.PNG

Now being told by VW Online help to install VW Connect plus?
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

G43FAN. I have same message in the app, more worryingly is the car has lost connection to the server. I am not sure if these errors are connected or coincidence. We connect have been unable to help and now sent the issue to the techs. What is VW Connect Plus and did it help?
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

The Connect ID app is working for me, I'm just getting a bit impatient around the 2.3 update abd noticed that message so reported it. I was asked if I'd made any purchases through We Connect Plus on the cars info screen, I tried explaining that I thought that that app did not apply to the ID series but then all I got was a response telling me to take it to the dealers. (I've never seen We Connect plus and the option to buy things on the ID Infotainment) I think this was just poor knolwedge from the Customer Services contact.
robgarth

Post by robgarth »

I think you're right, the plus seems to be an upgrade as the name implies. I cleared the 'mobile services have been deactivated' message. I went in to the app settings/privacy and found internet radio was switch off ( that was an attempt to stop the internet radio notifications). I switched it back on and the mobile services error disappeared. Makes no sense but its all working and my car came back online sometime later.
Rob
Business Pro, 62KWh, 150KW, 2.1. White metallic. Wiltshire.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

We Connect and We Connect Plus are what I thought are for ICE vehicles.
I have seen nothing in the specification for the ID.3 for We Connect Plus nor a possible We Connect ID Plus.
The Plus side of the We Connect I had on my Tiguan (now out of subscription) which gave a few more functions to the We Connect app. Things like remote lock/unlock, online anti-theft alarm, Area Alert etc. Looking at the Tiguan spec We Connect Plus is standard od Active trim and above.
To get this you had to prove you are the owner of the vehicle by going through on a video call via the We Connect app to verify yourself by showing driving license/passport.
So when VW talk about the Plus I'm not sure what they are referring to.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
ChrisCSL

Post by ChrisCSL »

Not sure what's wrong with my iD3 but there is no connection to We Connect. The SoS light in the roof is green but the navigation app does not show suggested destinations with times in green at start up after about a minute. I guess it's not connecting to the servers. The App worked in the past but not in the last 2 months. Tried reinstalling the app, removing the F19 fuse and also did a factory reset but no joy ;-(

Any ideas?
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

ChrisCSL wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:18 am Not sure what's wrong with my iD3 but there is no connection to We Connect. The SoS light in the roof is green but the navigation app does not show suggested destinations with times in green at start up after about a minute. I guess it's not connecting to the servers. The App worked in the past but not in the last 2 months. Tried reinstalling the app, removing the F19 fuse and also did a factory reset but no joy ;-(

Any ideas?

What is shown above the home button? A globe, a 4G signal meter?
ChrisCSL

Post by ChrisCSL »

Shows a 4G signal and a globe (not grey).
If I try to re-connect We Connect in set up it goes to try QR enrollment and then says "sorry something went wrong, try again later"
I logged into MyVolkswagen and it shows that there has not been a connection to the car for 2 months. I've run out of ideas.