ID3 Software Update v2.3

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Daveion wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 2:37 pm Thanks Scott
Should I expect another dl then or will it install part 2 from Car systen?
Warning lights have all gone 👍
Dave

20 minute download, 170 minute installation

2.3 always was in 2 parts: https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/owners- ... e-2-3.html

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

So I got the second part yesterday and installed although I forgot to check the battery. It all went ok despite the battery being at 47%.
Noticed some differences on the display and had to reset some preferences but otherwise all good 👍
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
luckypants

Post by luckypants »

Part one arrived a weekend of the 16th and then part two arrived last Friday. Both installed without drama.
VW ID.4 Honey Yellow
luckypants

Post by luckypants »

Part one arrived a weekend of the 16th and then part two arrived last Friday. Both installed without drama.
VW ID.4 Honey Yellow
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Nothing yet….
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

luckypants wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 3:32 pm Part one arrived a weekend of the 16th and then part two arrived last Friday. Both installed without drama.
Appropriate name 😂
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

For interest, thanks to Scott, I dropped an email to that address to verify that I had consented to receive the update. Overnight they responded that indeed they had a record of my consent and politely told me to be patient. Patience is not one of my skills...
Deleted User 192

Anduain wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:49 am For interest, thanks to Scott, I dropped an email to that address to verify that I had consented to receive the update. Overnight they responded that indeed they had a record of my consent and politely told me to be patient. Patience is not one of my skills...

At least you know you're in the pot :)
DHail

Post by DHail »

Once installed, apart from option to change menu button to VW or country flag I can see no changes on latest software. Though ID light had more functionality? Also does anyone know when WeConnect will have more features like checking car locked / lock car? Thanks.
Deleted User 192

DHail wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:54 pm Once installed, apart from option to change menu button to VW or country flag I can see no changes on latest software. Though ID light had more functionality? Also does anyone know when WeConnect will have more features like checking car locked / lock car? Thanks.

The ID. Light does a few new things, I created a post this week: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1416

The main benefit to me is performance at startup and in operation.

Viewing the various infotainment screens is now done either via the icons (which now scroll left/right) or the widgets - press the home button to toggle between them.

No change at all to app functionality.
DHail

Post by DHail »

Thanks. I’d seen your post but weirdly my ID light seems the same as before so far…
Deleted User 192

DHail wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:04 am Thanks. I’d seen your post but weirdly my ID light seems the same as before so far…

The most obvious new thing in 2.3 is efficiency assist.

Prior to 2.3, you will always have had symbols appearing in the top-left of the steering wheel display advising you to ease off the power pedal as there was a junction or bend coming up.

Now those same symbols will be accompanied by a light blue block in front of the driver only on the ID. Light.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Since the update I find my car doesnt coast as long and freely as it did before in D.
You can feel the de acceleration but so slight it doesn't register on the green battery regen bar.
Im going to check tyre pressures today having adjusted them last in the height of the Summer.
In D now it drives more like an ICE auto with little engine breaking!!!
Something is different!
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
radar

Post by radar »

ID3 1st edition , my car is now 12 months old, all was well until recently had warning triangles and Lane assist inoperative warnings, happened twice and after a short drive righted itself, this week on all the time , called my dealer and it is now in to rectify the fault , and asked for installation of the 2.3 software update. I have had to leave the car over the weekend as they said they had done part 1 and would take several hours to complete? So holding my breath for the call on Monday to pick up. Some confusion as to whether I have to complete the installation at home. They first said I would have to install 2.3 at home but when I tried it would not go through. Some clarity and instructions from VW would not be too much to ask. I note my We Charge app on my phone has today updated. I will let you know the result.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

scott28tt wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:26 am
DHail wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:04 am Thanks. I’d seen your post but weirdly my ID light seems the same as before so far…

The most obvious new thing in 2.3 is efficiency assist.

Prior to 2.3, you will always have had symbols appearing in the top-left of the steering wheel display advising you to ease off the power pedal as there was a junction or bend coming up.

Now those same symbols will be accompanied by a light blue block in front of the driver only on the ID. Light.
I didi wonder what the significance of the new blue light flashing ul every so often was, I didn't make that connection at all.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Daveion wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:10 am Since the update I find my car doesnt coast as long and freely as it did before in D.
You can feel the de acceleration but so slight it doesn't register on the green battery regen bar.
Im going to check tyre pressures today having adjusted them last in the height of the Summer.
Something is different!
I only drive in D mode. For me, the regen is still kicking in when approaching a roundabout or junction, or when using ACC and the cars in front slow down and the autobraking kicks in to maintain distance.

I've driven about 800 miles over the last week, most of it on the motorway and the only thing I've really noticed is far fewer false sign recognition changes in speed I'd attribute to signs seen on sliproads I didn't take or the motorway passing under a slower road and GPS/satnav picking up on the slower road (presumably)...and that mysterious blue light that Scott has talked about above.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

monkeyhanger wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:42 pm
Daveion wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 9:10 am Since the update I find my car doesnt coast as long and freely as it did before in D.
Something is different!
I only drive in D mode. For me, the regen is still kicking in when approaching a roundabout or junction, or when using ACC and the cars in front slow down and the autobraking kicks in to maintain distance.

I've driven about 800 miles over the last week, most of it on the motorway and the only thing I've really noticed is far fewer false sign recognition changes in speed I'd attribute to signs seen on sliproads I didn't take or the motorway passing under a slower road and GPS/satnav picking up on the slower road (presumably)...and that mysterious blue light that Scott has talked about above.
I only experience auto regen in D if I have EcoAssist on. After 10 months I drive 95% in Comfort D and feel sure coasting has changed in some minor way on my car.
Born v2-Tech L Pack
Collected June 22
G4XUR

Post by G4XUR »

Well all done and the most important update/correction is that when I open the right hand drivers door the correct symbol illuminates on the dash. Well done WV at last!!!
Deleted User 192

radar wrote: Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:07 am ID3 1st edition , my car is now 12 months old, all was well until recently had warning triangles and Lane assist inoperative warnings, happened twice and after a short drive righted itself, this week on all the time , called my dealer and it is now in to rectify the fault , and asked for installation of the 2.3 software update. I have had to leave the car over the weekend as they said they had done part 1 and would take several hours to complete? So holding my breath for the call on Monday to pick up. Some confusion as to whether I have to complete the installation at home. They first said I would have to install 2.3 at home but when I tried it would not go through. Some clarity and instructions from VW would not be too much to ask. I note my We Charge app on my phone has today updated. I will let you know the result.

If the dealer does it they have to get approval from VW to process the work as a warranty claim, or they don’t get paid - they may also need VW to approve your VIN for the update.

Hence why dealers are not “supposed” to do it, but rely on the OTA process for us to be self-sufficient.
JimG

Post by JimG »

Received the update yesterday, 30, Oct.like others had the error messages, then download 1, then download 2. All went well, so this afternoon had a drive in the Countryside!
Driving on a 50mph road heard a ping and notification I had exceeded the speed limit by 2 mph. Not too anxious!
Got out into the countryside and saw the road speed showing 30 mph on the drivers screen, despite the fact no road signs and the road known to be national speed limit.pushed the speed up and no ping or warning, just showing showing 30 mph road sign as the speed limit.
Anyone experienced the same thing and does it go away?