3.0 Software Update

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

I understand that vehicles built from 1 Dec will have 3.0 installed as standard and that it will come as an OTA in the near future. Given the 'fun' we all had with 2.3, what are the bets that they will apply lessons learnt and make the update more straightforward this time (presuming they can)?

Is there any official information on what it will contain, and also if/how hardware-dependent functionalities coming into the new MY could be added to current ID.3s?

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

I don't think anyone has said they'll get 3.0 from December 1st but it's not unreasonable to think/predict that.

There's no confirmation as to what it includes, or when it might be rolled out to existing cars.

Rumour was March, I've been told it will be earlier.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Andreas wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:58 am Given the 'fun' we all had with 2.3, ?
Had?? I and a good number of others are still waiting for it with no indication that VW has a Flippin' Idea how or when we are going to get it.
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

On the info posted as to what is coming with the changes it stated vehicles ordered from the 1st December will get software 3.0 not vehicles built from the 1st Dec
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

I saw a video from Battery Life (it was when the id.5 was launched) which said it was to be rolled out from 1 March. He had some info on the contents too.

Found the link, think it’s the right one:

Chris
Deleted User 192

chrisfs wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:19 pm I saw a video from Battery Life (it was when the id.5 was launched) which said it was to be rolled out from 1 March. He had some info on the contents too.

Found the link, think it’s the right one:

Chris

I’ve been told by someone at VW that some of what he says is wrong or already outdated, in terms of functions, process, and dates.
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

OK back to not knowing what is going on then. That is becoming a familiar feeling with this car
Deleted User 192

chrisfs wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:18 pm OK back to not knowing what is going on then. That is becoming a familiar feeling with this car

It’s no different from speculating / leaking information on what Apple or Samsung will do next for their phone software.

The good news is that my source suggested that 3.0 would start rolling out sooner than March, and include the fix for timed charging.
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Did he have an insight on when the rest of us will get 2.3. Now 7 weeks since accepting the email.
Deleted User 192

simonmaskell wrote: Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:48 am Did he have an insight on when the rest of us will get 2.3. Now 7 weeks since accepting the email.

No.
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

Not even had the email for 2.3 yet - contacted VW a few weeks ago, got the standard 'thanks but be patient' reply.....
id3 Max 2021
id73

Post by id73 »

What improvements/ new features should we expect to see on 3.0?
Deleted User 192

id73 wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:28 am What improvements/ new features should we expect to see on 3.0?

Nothing confirmed yet, just speculation.
Splitty

Post by Splitty »

I think people are linking the delivery date of the ID5 which is March to the deployment of 3.0. The two don't have to be tightly linked, so we might get 3.0 before March (or we might get it later), but as there will be a new 12V battery involved it may well be sooner than March to give the dealers time to set everything up.
JohnDavid

Post by JohnDavid »

Got version 3 last week. Just two weeks after 2.3! Perhaps you need the 2.3 before you can get 3?
Has some automated parking functions and improvements to navigation and route planning which I've not yet tried.
Has also, and noticeably reduced latency between functions.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

JohnDavid wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:37 am Got version 3 last week. Just two weeks after 2.3! Perhaps you need the 2.3 before you can get 3?
Has some automated parking functions and improvements to navigation and route planning which I've not yet tried.

Would very much like to see photos and build numbers of this if at all possible.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Utumno wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 10:40 am
JohnDavid wrote: Sun Apr 03, 2022 8:37 am Got version 3 last week. Just two weeks after 2.3! Perhaps you need the 2.3 before you can get 3?

Would very much like to see photos and build numbers of this if at all possible.
And an explanation as to what was done in the 2.4 recall which I thought was a pre-requisite of version 3.0 which hasn't even had rollout announced yet?
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

3.x hasn’t be rolled out anywhere yet. It certainly won’t happen until new batteries and controller updates go in via workshop.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

From Auto motor und sport.de—>
“It's almost exactly 14 days ago that Volkswagen proudly presented the latest update of the much-maligned ID software. The ID.Software 3.0 is intended to make all existing ID vehicles better. The range of services includes optimization of voice control, improved charging capacity (77 kWh battery with up to max. 135 kW output), a revised e-route planner for the navigation system, a new tile for the charging menu on the top operating level and new displays for the head up display with augmented reality technology. Available from the second quarter of 2022 via over-the-air (OTA) update for all already shipped ID models. Because the amount of data is so large, the roll-out will take place in two packages, with the installation of the first data package taking around 7.5 hours, according to Volkswagen, and the second package then taking a good 4.5 hours. Newly produced vehicles now get the ID.Software 3.0 directly from the factory. Overall, the biggest software update that Volkswagen has ever launched via an over-the-air update. The problem: it's not that simple.
Because before that, as Volkswagen confirmed when asked by auto-motor-und-sport.de, all VW ID.3 and ID.4 have to go back to the workshop as part of a voluntary service campaign. According to Volkswagen , that's 200,000 vehicles whose owners will probably be written to from Easter. The unscheduled workshop visit serves to bring the existing fleet to the most uniform software status possible. "We have found that there are currently still many vehicles with very different software versions on the road," confirmed a VW spokesman when asked by auto-motor-und-sport.de. That's why the ID.3and ID.4 installed the ID.Software 2.4 at the retailer , without which the over-the-air update (OTA) to version 3.0 is not possible. In addition, all vehicles will then have a new 12-volt battery installed free of charge. This new, so-called "EFB+" battery is significantly more cycle-resistant and is better able to cope with the large energy requirements of an electric car. To put it simply: The originally installed 12-volt battery might not have made the time-consuming OTA update to ID.Software 3.0.
According to Volkswagen, the visit to the workshop will take around a day. A replacement vehicle will be made available to the drivers for the duration. CONCLUSION

Initial user experiences with the new version show that VW is on the right track with ID.Software 3.0. The service campaign that has now been announced for all of the around 200,000 ID.3 and ID.4 that have already been delivered shows how rocky the road was up to that point. VW is learning what smartphone manufacturers have known for a long time: customers do not automatically go along with every update. Some ID.3 and ID.4 with ID.Software 2.0 are still on the road. The Wolfsburg-based company is simply too tricky to have all the update steps up to version 3.0 done over-the-air. Quite apart from the fact that many of the 12-volt batteries would not have been able to cope with the long updates anyway”
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

"We have found that there are currently still many vehicles with very different software versions on the road," confirmed a VW spokesman when asked by auto-motor-und-sport.de. That's why the ID.3and ID.4 installed the ID.Software 2.4 at the retailer , without which the over-the-air update (OTA) to version 3.0 is not possible.
I suspect the OP just had 2.3 Part 2 installed, not 3.0.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203