MY updates coming soon?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Moog wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:12 pm Configurator for the Max seems to no longer offer the bi-colour Silver exterior styling - I like that and have ordered it on mine… wonder if it’s been dropped?
Wasn't available when I ordered a Max in October.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:05 pm
Cherry wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:47 pm
Utumno wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:35 pm Pretty sure my kids would be all stringy.

Like I said, it’s a choice thing.
Vegans believe there should not be a choice.

I cannot understand why some meat eaters believe it is wrong to eat a dog or a horse (or even dead humans).

I am a vegetarian and not a vegan and my view has now changed. I think vegetarianism is not enough. The vegan view is morally correct.
Another off the point ramble about a subject nothing to do with id3
Yeah, put it in the dealership discounts thread where it belongs with the random ice cream and crustaceans talk! :lol:
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Moog

Post by Moog »

andrewparker wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:39 pm
Moog wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:12 pm Configurator for the Max seems to no longer offer the bi-colour Silver exterior styling - I like that and have ordered it on mine… wonder if it’s been dropped?
Wasn't available when I ordered a Max in October.
Oh, Ok - I ordered a Family last week with it. I was sure it was on the Max as well as I was comparing prices against DTD for various models & options.

The granny cable as a factory option for £180 is gone as well - now just the dealer option at £216.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (204ps/58kWh) in Makena Turquoise, 19” Andoya, Sport pack, Infotainment+, heat-pump, bi-colour silver, Bike Hitch.
Ordered 15 Nov 21 (wk46/21)
Finally built wk9/23 & collected wk16!
17 months + 2days!
Moog

Post by Moog »

What’s this on the inside of the mirror?

FA1973F6-BC0E-42BF-8A9F-770168EFC81F.jpeg

Wasn’t on the 1st Ed I rented a fortnight back, and not on the screengrabs I took off the family configurator last week.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (204ps/58kWh) in Makena Turquoise, 19” Andoya, Sport pack, Infotainment+, heat-pump, bi-colour silver, Bike Hitch.
17 months + 2days!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Cherry wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:47 pm
Utumno wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:35 pm Pretty sure my kids would be all stringy.

Like I said, it’s a choice thing.
Vegans believe there should not be a choice.

I cannot understand why some meat eaters believe it is wrong to eat a dog or a horse (or even dead humans).

I am a vegetarian and not a vegan and my view has now changed. I think vegetarianism is not enough. The vegan view is morally correct.

Thanks for clearing that up for us, not that anyone asked or cares 🙄
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Bromsgroveuser wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:05 pm
Another off the point ramble about a subject nothing to do with id3
The pot calling the kettle black. Your comment is off topic! :D
Last edited by Cherry on Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Moog wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:53 pm What’s this on the inside of the mirror?

Wasn’t on the 1st Ed I rented a fortnight back, and not on the screengrabs I took off the family configurator last week.

Side Assist indicator lights. Light up when there’s something in your blind spot.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Utumno wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:54 pm
Do people care you think there there should be a choice?

You passive-aggressive comments are getting more frequent.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
Moog

Post by Moog »

Utumno wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:55 pm
Moog wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:53 pm What’s this on the inside of the mirror?

Side Assist indicator lights. Light up when there’s something in your blind spot.
Aha - Thank you! 👍🏻
17 months + 2days!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Cherry wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:56 pm
Utumno wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 6:54 pm
Do people care you think there there should be a choice?

You passive-aggressive comments are getting more frequent.

Give over Cherry and try to be less triggered next time 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Keep on topic people. Accept others may have differing opinions, not just on car interiors!
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

Bringing this back, I am in awe at the meltdowns over on Facepalm with people complaining that (checks notes) new MYs that are sold at (checks notes again) higher prices get additional spec items, and that there are some who are feeling betrayed.

It's a funny old world.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Http://rommelsriposte.com (not car related)
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

New better version comes out.. happens it's life and technology. When to buy? Early adopters often get a poor deal, My concern now though is the commitment to the parts of the older cars that can be updated, yes I'm moaning about the lack of any OTA update still. The responses I am getting from emails ab out the lack of 2.3 are woeful and I fully expect that at some point soon VW will dump a 'We just can't get it to work, bombshell' and then concentrate on new cars.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Andreas wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:26 am Bringing this back, I am in awe at the meltdowns over on Facepalm with people complaining that (checks notes) new MYs that are sold at (checks notes again) higher prices get additional spec items, and that there are some who are feeling betrayed.

It's a funny old world.

All the best

Andreas

"People on Facebook outraged over forking obvious" shocker! :D
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Andreas

Post by Andreas »

G43FAN wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:57 am New better version comes out.. happens it's life and technology. When to buy? Early adopters often get a poor deal, My concern now though is the commitment to the parts of the older cars that can be updated, yes I'm moaning about the lack of any OTA update still. The responses I am getting from emails ab out the lack of 2.3 are woeful and I fully expect that at some point soon VW will dump a 'We just can't get it to work, bombshell' and then concentrate on new cars.
I don't think this will happen TBH. They'll probably fix any remaining non-2.3s when they call in our cars to get the 12V battery changed, by updating while at dealer.

As for the other goodies that are coming, unless VW is totally stupid, they could offer much of this for a cost (or free as part of an OTA to show that they care), with hardware installations requiring dealer visits, which will keep dealers happy. I'd consider paying for area view and the installation of additional sensors, if that were a possibility.

Regarding 'poor deal', I consider myself lucky that I drive an ID.3 now, while those who waited for some fancy-shmancy nicer plastic won't get there's until over a year after I got mine. Swings and roundabouts.

All the best

Andreas
——————
ID.3 Tour, manganese grey, bi-colour style, heat pump, otherwise standard. July 2021, London.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Andreas wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:13 pm They'll probably fix any remaining non-2.3s when they call in our cars to get the 12V battery changed, by updating while at dealer.

This was my feeling too. I suspect everyone who comes out the other side of the 12v campaign will end up with 3.0 on their vehicle, irrespective of how bad their 2.3 experience was/has been/still is.
Andreas wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:13 pm Regarding 'poor deal', I consider myself lucky that I drive an ID.3 now, while those who waited for some fancy-shmancy nicer plastic won't get there's until over a year after I got mine. Swings and roundabouts.

Thanks for sparing a thought for us poor saps who ordered prior to the fancy-shmancy plastics being a 'thing' 😂 I won't say no to the upgrades if they happen, but I'd far rather have the vehicle in-hand, thank you very much 😆
Tesla Model Y Long Range

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

If they manage the recall the way they manage software updates, I'll have sold mine before I see a replacement battery.. (or should that be mis-manage)

The 'Poor deal' I referred to was the overall experience, release software to 2.1 via dealership, bricked cars etc etc, although the 'Integrated data volume in We Connect app...' sounds like something they could have just rolled out to all existing owners?
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

G43FAN wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:12 pm If they manage the recall the way they manage software updates, I'll have sold mine before I see a replacement battery.. (or should that be mis-manage)

The 'Poor deal' I referred to was the overall experience, release software to 2.1 via dealership, bricked cars etc etc, although the 'Integrated data volume in We Connect app...' sounds like something they could have just rolled out to all existing owners?
I can see why 1st Edition buyers feel shortchanged, as they seem to have been sold a 'public beta' of the car. I think for those like me who did get the car later, with 2.1 installed, it's a different story.

I suspect the App upgrades will come to all users. Let's see.

All the best

Andreas
——————
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

AdamhutchID3 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:57 pm I went on the live chat and they seemed to think that the updates for all model should go live tomorrow on the configurator

Nope. Everything but the Max still thoroughly broken for me.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

Both ID3 & ID4 configurators now completely disappeared from the website
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !