Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Just received an update that my build week 40 car has left the factory and is on its way to the port. I've been told it will land at the dealer in 3-4 weeks and it's usually 1 more week from there before it's ready for collection/delivered to me. But given it's December it's likely not going to be delivered until early/mid Jan.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!

Cooksp

Post by Cooksp »

bbardsley wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:09 am We ordered on the 17th August and ours still hasn't been allocated a build week. I've just got off the phone with the dealership it's been ordered through (Listers of Straford) who said it's likely to be June 2022 now... :o

I also queried whether our car would get the Model Year 2022 specification changes which include:
- a physical traction control button
- e-call
- new seat trim
- toolkit instead of tyre repair kit
- function on demand (no idea what that is)

They said they don't know as they've been told conflicting info from factory, apparently it was anything ordered after week 48 will have the new additions/changes, but they've also heard anything built after week 48. So I guess we'll know once it eventually arrives!

That is crazy, I ordered mine a week before you and was told yesterday it was finally built and on the way to the ship, there is no way they should take 4 months to get a build week! something seems very wrong with what this dealer has told you!
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh Pro S 204PS in Makena Blue
received 29/12/21
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Cooksp wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:47 am
bbardsley wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:09 am We ordered on the 17th August and ours still hasn't been allocated a build week. I've just got off the phone with the dealership it's been ordered through (Listers of Straford) who said it's likely to be June 2022 now... :o

I also queried whether our car would get the Model Year 2022 specification changes which include:
- e-call
- new seat trim

They said they don't know as they've been told conflicting info from factory, apparently it was anything ordered after week 48 will have the new additions/changes, but they've also heard anything built after week 48. So I guess we'll know once it eventually arrives!

That is crazy, I ordered mine a week before you and was told yesterday it was finally built and on the way to the ship, there is no way they should take 4 months to get a build week! something seems very wrong with what this dealer has told you!
I think this mid July - end of August sort of period has gotten a bit messy tbh. I ordered two weeks before you and a slightly lower order number (31411XXX) with almost the exact same spec (Moonstone grey instead of Makena blue) and my build week was 6 weeks after yours. Not sure what contributes to that but feels like peoples expected dates have ranged wildly even though orders were placed quite close together !
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Cooksp wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:47 am

- e-call
- new seat trim

Looks like our cars were built at the same time and could be on the way to the ship together! Hopefully no more delays.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
MattP

Post by MattP »

rikimaru wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:45 am Just received an update that my build week 40 car has left the factory and is on its way to the port. I've been told it will land at the dealer in 3-4 weeks and it's usually 1 more week from there before it's ready for collection/delivered to me. But given it's December it's likely not going to be delivered until early/mid Jan.
Similar here too, well I assume that’s what this update means.

Message: good afternoon, vehicle was allocated chassis number updated on portal and up to the dealers update -order number 31401735 in Transit from factory , kind regards

I’m a week 40 build also, with an expected mid February delivery.
Octopus referral

https://share.octopus.energy/plum-mouse-3910
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

How do you find the ship the car is on? Someone mentioned Emden port. Any idea which port it arrives at in the Uk?
ID.3 Max Pro Performance Makena Turquoise

Week 34 - Stage 1 Order Complete
Week 35 - Stage 2 With the Factory
Week 38 - Stage 3 Build Week Scheduled for Wk22/2022
??? - Stage 4 Build Week Confirmed
??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

epicwinningmaz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:10 pm How do you find the ship the car is on? Someone mentioned Emden port. Any idea which port it arrives at in the Uk?
The three UK ports are Sheerness, Grimsby & Tyne. You are correct theEmden is the exit port. There are few marine trackers online you can see which ships go in and out. Currently a ship due in Sheerness at 18.00 today andaship just leaving Emden for Grimsby.
If its on a ship your dealer can give that information.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

If anyone has maritime tracker links for the transporter ships I’ll happily add them to the second sheet in the spreddy. The Sheerness transporter is already linked there .
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

My dealer hasn't even told me that it's left the factory - I tend to get all my updates from the VW tracker emails.

Equally, if I asked, they probably wouldn't answer me until after it's on my drive.

I'll no doubt be spending the whole of december like Vincent Vega

Candy88

Post by Candy88 »

Hi everyone:)

Another Lurker here!

Happy update: I’m a build week 40 and a status 30. Car is on a train to the port and if I’m lucky a pre Christmas delivery, if not January. I’ll be kept updated with progress. Seems like things are finally moving, good luck all :)

Family pro performance
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

I haven't chased the dealers (Listers VW Stratford Upon Avon) since I had my order confirmation with order number on. Within this it does say I should be allocated an estimated build week within 6 weeks (order confirmed 26/10/21). Is this something I should be chasing or just wasting my time?

I'm expecting a May/June 2022 delivery (although dealer did say Feb/March!) if I'm lucky so not in any rush.
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

Hemming91 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:15 pm I haven't chased the dealers (Listers VW Stratford Upon Avon) since I had my order confirmation with order number on. Within this it does say I should be allocated an estimated build week within 6 weeks (order confirmed 26/10/21). Is this something I should be chasing or just wasting my time?

I'm expecting a May/June 2022 delivery (although dealer did say Feb/March!) if I'm lucky so not in any rush.
My order was placed at the same time as yours for the same model. I spoke with my dealer this week who said that the order hasn't yet been accepted by the factory. I'm not expecting to hear anything factual until the New Year.
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Newfie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:28 pm
epicwinningmaz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:10 pm How do you find the ship the car is on? Someone mentioned Emden port. Any idea which port it arrives at in the Uk?
The three UK ports are Sheerness, Grimsby & Tyne. You are correct theEmden is the exit port. There are few marine trackers online you can see which ships go in and out. Currently a ship due in Sheerness at 18.00 today andaship just leaving Emden for Grimsby.
Any ideas which one it could be?

??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

epicwinningmaz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:47 pm
If you mean which ship is on the way to Sheerness its the Thames Highway.
And the Grimsby ship is the City of St Petersburg.
epicwinningmaz

Post by epicwinningmaz »

Newfie wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:50 pm
epicwinningmaz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:47 pm

If you mean which ship is on the way to Sheerness its the Thames Highway.
And the Grimsby ship is the City of St Petersburg.
I mean which port of the 3 suggested.

Regarding My22.5 changes, my VW dealer said the following -

"As your order has been placed prior to the 1st December you will not benefit from the enhanced technology packs but do have the new interior. There was a price increase on the 1st December hence vehicles being ordered after this date attaracting the pack changes but also at a higher cost."

Hmm I'm not so bothered about the cost as the increased lead times. I'm currently being quoted August and no idea what will happen if we re-order...

??? - Stage 5 In Transit
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

epicwinningmaz wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:59 pm
Depends on which port is closest for your particular dealer.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

"As your order has been placed prior to the 1st December you will not benefit from the enhanced technology packs but do have the new interior. There was a price increase on the 1st December hence vehicles being ordered after this date attaracting the pack changes but also at a higher cost."

Gonna call this out as dealer BS. It’ll either be an MY22.5 car or an MY22 car, not some mishmash of the two.

Sure you might not get 3.0 factory installed, but even then on your build timescale I’d be astounded if you didn’t.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

s9bl

Post by s9bl »

Utumno wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:03 pm

Gonna call this out as dealer BS. It’ll either be an MY22.5 car or an MY22 car, not some mishmash of the two.

Sure you might not get 3.0 factory installed, but even then on your build timescale I’d be astounded if you didn’t.
Why? This is the exact info that was given to all dealers. All cars after build week 51 get the same interior, orders placed after 1st December get the new tech.
Max, Glacier White, MY23, Software 3.2
Smitten

Post by Smitten »

Utumno wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:03 pm

The communication we saw copied from the VW Facebook post did make it clear there would be a difference between cars ordered before and after Dec 1st though? Cars with build week 51 and after but ordered before Dec 1st won't get the Full Monty MY22.5 according to that.
Tour Pro S 77kWh, heatpump, 19" Andoya wheels, Glacier White
Ordered 21.8.21
Order No: 314400**
Build week 24 unconfirmed
Delivery Q4 2022 delayed from Q1 2022
Cancelled order and replaced with in stock Kia EV6
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

This? Looks like I misread this first time round 😀

DF72F092-FB25-411F-AE0A-FF49B7056358.jpeg

Tesla Model Y Long Range