Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Cooksp

Post by Cooksp »

Jack1338 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:21 pm
monkeyhanger wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:10 pm

You're not obliged to give your car in p/x to get the price quoted for the new one. Get your car valued by motorway.co.uk before you hand that p/x over and sell to them if there's a difference. P/X values usually aren't much better than WBAC in most cases, and are often worse. They'll be expecting to make a minimum 20% on your current car when they sell it.
Good shout, I'll do exactly that.

No idea if secondhand prices are going to continue to rise (I'm not expecting my ID.3 till April at the very earliest, possibly later). Will use motorway.co.uk prior to trading in anyway for a guide. Appreciate it.
I just sold my renault zoe through Motorway - and can actually recommend them, I got 2k more than trade in plus they collected and cash in account before I handed over the keys! .....
ID.3 Family Pro 58kWh Pro S 204PS in Makena Blue
received 29/12/21

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Popped in to the dealers this afternoon to find my car had just come off the transporter.

ID Arrival.jpg

ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Hang on Newfie, that looks like *my* car 😝

PS did it have memory seats? 🤣
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:21 pm Hang on Newfie, that looks like *my* car 😝
Could well be, who knows with VW :D
Well near on 6 months and its here, I feel for you guys waiting longer.
Lets hope VW and their suppliers get a grip on things and get these orders moving.
Good luck guys and gals.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Newfie wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:18 pm Popped in to the dealers this afternoon to find my car had just come off the transporter.

ID Arrival.jpg
So it takes them a week to get the car ready for collection? Who's doing the PDI, a sloth?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:26 pm
Utumno wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:21 pm Hang on Newfie, that looks like *my* car 😝
Lets hope VW and their suppliers get a grip on things and get these orders moving.
Good luck guys and gals.

Chuffed for you, and surely a pre-Christmas collection is a certainty 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Utumno wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:30 pm
Newfie wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:26 pm
Good luck guys and gals.

Chuffed for you, and surely a pre-Christmas collection is a certainty 😀
Yep, 09.30 next Thursday. They have had a few cars so quite a few to get ready and get out the door.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Newfie wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 5:18 pm Popped in to the dealers this afternoon to find my car had just come off the transporter.

ID Arrival.jpg
Just the angle of your photo, but I had a panic for you then - it looked like you'd taken a photo saying it had accidentally fallen off the transporter at first!
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

sausageroll wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 10:15 pm

ID Arrival.jpg
Just the angle of your photo, but I had a panic for you then - it looked like you'd taken a photo saying it had accidentally fallen off the transporter at first!
Funny you should say that. A couple of months ago they had a car roll back on the transporter and as it went down went a little offline and scored and ripped the nearside of the car. It wasn't an ID.3 but these things do happen.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Utumno - thought you might like to know - I just saw there is a guy on the SpeakEV forum reporting that he was recently given his (ID4) order number by a leasing company but no other updates, so he rang VW UK customer services (I don't know what exact phone number.) They told him his car was built and at Emden. It seems he later rang them again and was told it was in the UK. It might be worth a try for you just in case you get a different message from the dealer, if you have lost trust in them?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

I think mine's been in the UK a week now but I've yet to be notified it's at the dealers or anything. Assume it's likely to be after Christmas but before 31st
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

The dealer will want it on their December sales statistics
IDontknow

Post by IDontknow »

sausageroll wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 3:10 pm I think mine's been in the UK a week now but I've yet to be notified it's at the dealers or anything. Assume it's likely to be after Christmas but before 31st
Same here. We're away until evening of 31st so I'm guessing it's a January pick up.
Rhodes13

Post by Rhodes13 »

If anyone fancies a Tour Pro there might be one available sooner rather than later as we've just cancelled our order after reaching the end of our tether with VW and in particular the dealers in Basingstoke.

Here's the last email from them when I asked them to confirm where the car is in the build process.

Hello,

The forecast is when it is due to be built. You will have a build week and a forecast week. Now the build week is now changing which is why we think the car is actually built but just waiting for its chip.

Thank you,

Kind Regards

IMG-20211217-WA0001.jpg

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

What’s your plan B?
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Rhodes13

Post by Rhodes13 »

andrewparker wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:10 pm What’s your plan B?
I'll look around at other cars. This was more of a whim purchase as the car it's replacing is less than three years old. We already have one electric so happy to wait it out and see what else is on offer.

To be frank I was more pissed off with the attitude of VW and the dealership in particular. They literally couldn't care less. Ironically in cancelling they've given the best customer service yet (after an argument about returning the deposit). This is the second time in less than three years that VW couldn't deliver a car I ordered, the last being a Tiguan I ordered in 2018 that suffered almost the exact same cycle of delays. I just can't believe the utter lack of any form of communication from VW or its dealership network, considering that they anticipate the shortages lasting well into 2022 and possibly 2023. You'd have thought by now they would have figured out a way to actually talk to their customers, instead they just clam up and refuse to release any information when asked.
Black

Post by Black »

Why didn’t you just keep the order open and then sell it straight away?
Picked up ours last week, love it, but did a wbac to see what it was worth - about 3k more than we just paid for it.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Its quite crazy the difference in experience people are having. There's people who've order in early July still waiting for their car and people who've ordered in August with their cars delivered. Genuinely can't figure out how VW decide what orders they're going to build 😂 part of me thinks they have a hat they pick order numbers out from
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
sausageroll

Post by sausageroll »

Rhodes13 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 6:25 pmI just can't believe the utter lack of any form of communication from VW or its dealership network, considering that they anticipate the shortages lasting well into 2022 and possibly 2023. You'd have thought by now they would have figured out a way to actually talk to their customers, instead they just clam up and refuse to release any information when asked.
Technically they do.

The dealership isn't under VW ownership and is purely a franchise, so the dealership in this case is VWs customer until you actually own the car.

Because of this, you're the customer of "Martin's of Basingstoke".

So VW do have a way to communicate with their customers (dealers), as you can see via the screenshot - and they do have ways of communication. It seems that a lot of it hinges on individual salesperson's abilities, and the policies of the dealer. Beyond that, though, there is a lot of chaos in the industry in general, and issues with delays and tracking orders is ubiquitous - regardless of brand.
ItshardtobuyId3

Post by ItshardtobuyId3 »

Rhodes13 wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:59 pm If anyone fancies a Tour Pro there might be one available sooner rather than later as we've just cancelled our order after reaching the end of our tether with VW and in particular the dealers in Basingstoke.

Here's the last email from them when I asked them to confirm where the car is in the build process.

Hello,

The forecast is when it is due to be built. You will have a build week and a forecast week. Now the build week is now changing which is why we think the car is actually built but just waiting for its chip.

Thank you,

Kind Regards

IMG-20211217-WA0001.jpg
I really find things like ‘it’s just waiting for chips’ very hard to believe. I doubt very much it’s like a PC and you can build an entire car then push it into a car park to later install a few Intel processors in various places.

It’s going to be imbedded chips in actual components so the car surely won’t even start down the main production line until they have all the parts to make it. Otherwise they are going to have to stop the production line whilst they wait for X component (costing millions per day) or not fit them and do it later. Can you imagine them running a car down the entire production line but not putting in the dash and doing it later on the car park for example.

I’m convinced what’s happen is cars with all the parts are getting built, so lower spec cars are taking less time because there are less parts that have imbedded chips. It would be interesting to know what is actually considered the start of production by VW. I’d assumed it’s the body starting being assembled, perhaps it’s the power train. But it’s built and waiting for chips has to be nonsense!
ID3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White
East Derry alloys
Driver Assistance pack
[traded in for]
Cupra Born V1 with Typhoon Alloys - Aurora Blue - Tech pack L