Navigation Database Number

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
snagglepuss

Post by snagglepuss »

Hi,
Can someone tell me what the latest Navigation Database Number is?
Following a visit to the dealers to see if they could get roadside 'sign recognition' to work again which I had after part 1 of the OTA was installed,
but I then lost it after Part 2 was installed.
They didn't fix the problem but I noticed the Navigation Database is now showing 21.11.
Thanks.
iD3 1st edition Plus 58kWh Glacier White Metallic - Black Roof

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Mine is only 21.8.

There doesn’t seem to be a single standard version that deploys to every car.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

It was mentioned on a Fb post that the Navigation seems to cache information for your local area and updates only if there are relevant updates to the data in the areas you regularly drive. No idea how correct this is but would explain the variation in versions. In case it wasn't obvious 21 is 2021 and 11 is November.
Mine has been stuck on 21.5 well since May but I haven't really driven anywhere else in the country.
I submitted a map correction recently as the car was recognising an old speed limit change, all the signs are gone so it must be cached map data. If the update is accepted (not sure how it works) maybe I'll get a map update.
snagglepuss

Post by snagglepuss »

Thanks for the replies,
I think the 'cache' makes sense now that you mention it!
I just thought it strange how the version changed from 21.8 to 21.11, still it's a minor thing to me as I've driven the car now since October 2020 without any major problems. Long may it continue ;) .
iD3 1st edition Plus 58kWh Glacier White Metallic - Black Roof
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I noticed mine was 21.11 the other day.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Maybe we could do a quick survey by region.. see if there's a pattern?
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

21.11 here too. The car lives Cheshire but crosses the border into Derbyshire (regularly) and Lancashire (less regularly), so ought to be picking up mapping updates from all three regions.

As an aside, I submitted some mapping updates via the Here map creator app a few months ago, but the app doesn't make it very clear whether they're going to accept the updates or not. Need to investigate further!
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Sherlock wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 12:28 pm I noticed mine was 21.11 the other day.
I am in Edinburgh
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

21.7, Barcelona Spain. Map corrections I submitted January 2021 are not yet reflected on my maps.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Looking at these numbers and areas, I am now somewhat confused and in doubt as to the validity of the argument of area updates, unless the version number is just a count in the car as to when the last update occurred.

By that I mean 21.5 (in my case) just confirms the last time the Nav data received an update and not necessarily a map data version other than that of the version in the car. Which could mean that the map data in my car was no different to that in others even if the version was different?

Maybe that was obvious and I was being a bit thick.
fatman

Post by fatman »

mine 21.11, in Glasgow
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]
cloudID3

Post by cloudID3 »

23.2 Here in Kilkenny - Ireland. How can I ask does anyone know how to report errors or changes to map data?