Car delivery

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Alanpyle

Post by Alanpyle »

Ordered 4/10/2021,being delivered to dealers Thu/ Fri have I done well?

ID.3 family turquoise

Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Alanpyle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:04 pm Ordered 4/10/2021,being delivered to dealers Thu/ Fri have I done well?

ID.3 family turquoise
Depends on what you paid! 😏

I could have got a late Dec delivery from a dealer who had ordered stock, but they would not offer discounts anywhere near what was available from others.
I also would have to compromise on colour or not have alloys. A new factory order meant a wait. So, if you achieved DTD prices or less then yes, you did very well indeed.
Last edited by Cherry on Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
9 Sep 21 Ordered ID.3 Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue & East Derry
13 Sep 21 PCP approved. VW No: 3131xxxx
24 Sep 21 Temp build wk43, conf' 46
22 Nov 21 Conf' build wk 49
10 Jan 22 Code 38 Awaiting ship-release (wk48 build)
01 March preferred collection
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Alanpyle wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:04 pm Ordered 4/10/2021,being delivered to dealers Thu/ Fri have I done well?

ID.3 family turquoise

I’d say you beat the delivery curve and got lucky with someone else’s cancellation! So yes I think you’ve done well with that lead time from point of order.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Alanpyle

Post by Alanpyle »

Ordered through Motability&it was a factory build
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

It certainly wouldn’t have been a “from scratch” factory build so you’ve almost certainly been allocated a previously ordered car either for dealer stock or as a previous customer cancellation.

Regardless, your luck was in. There are many people who ordered in September and October who are facing March build dates and potentially May/July delivery dates. So be happy 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Cherry wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:08 pm

ID.3 family turquoise
Depends on what you paid! 😏

I could have got a late Dec delivery from a dealer who had ordered stock, but they would not offer discounts anywhere near what was available from others.
I also would have to compromise on colour or not have alloys. A new factory order meant a wait. So, if you achieved DTD prices or less then yes, you did very well indeed.

OP’s was a Motability order, so hard to compare costs with DTD or personal finance.

Motability customers pay a flat weekly rate sacrificed from benefits for a fully inclusive lease including maintenance and insurance, plus an “advance payment” as a one-off on collection. The flat rate depends on a couple of factors but mostly the eligible gov.uk Motability benefit. The advance payment is set by the manufacturer and Motability. The end customer never sees what Motability paid for the vehicle.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Cherry

Post by Cherry »

Lease costs were, on average, 44 per cent cheaper in May 2018 for Motability customers than in the wider leasing market. Around two fifths of this difference arises from the direct impact of the tax concessions from which the Scheme benefits. Three fifths is generated from factors such as effective commercial management of the Scheme, strong partnerships with maintenance and repair suppliers, and through economies of scale.

Wow!

It seems if over 65 and you have not claimed the benefits before which allowed a Motability scheme car you can never have a Motabity Finance car now as new benefits are now attendance allowance and this cannot be used. Seems odd.

Older people who develop a disability after reaching State Pension Age (SPA), and are claiming Attendance Allowance (AA), are unable to lease a Motability vehicle or get exemption from Vehicle Excise Duty. This is because they are unable to claim the higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or the enhanced rate mobility component of Personal Independence Payments (PIP) – which would qualify them to access the scheme. This is unfair and discriminatory (despite a ruling by the courts). Older people who receive Attendance Allowance should be assessed for the scheme based on their mobility needs rather than receipt of DLA and PIP.

If Attendace Allowance was eligible may be I can persuade a family member to get a Porche Taycan EV via the scheme and use it to drive them around. Oops, Porsche is not part of the Scheme. :(
Last edited by Cherry on Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Just over 3 months? That’s either a cancelled order or one which was pre-ordered by whoever orders their cars, before you actually placed your order with them.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Cherry wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:05 pm Lease costs were, on average, 44 per cent cheaper in May 2018 for Motability customers than in the wider leasing market. Around two fifths of this difference arises from the direct impact of the tax concessions from which the Scheme benefits. Three fifths is generated from factors such as effective commercial management of the Scheme, strong partnerships with maintenance and repair suppliers, and through economies of scale.

Wow!

And don't forget the commercial company that runs Motability basically prints money. They have a huge cash reserve - billions of £. It's a hugely profitable business.
Cherry wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:05 pm It seems if over 65 and you have not claimed the benefits before which allowed a Motability scheme car you can never have a Motabity Finance car now as new benefits are now attendance allowance and this cannot be used. Seems odd.

As you get older you're likely to be less mobile anyway, so if Motability eligibility extended into retirement vast numbers of people would be eligible. I'm personally uncomfortable with what gov.uk do in this case (ie I agree with you about its oddness!) but I do understand the financial pressure. Perhaps disbursing some of the billions held by Motability Operations back to the Treasury might help 🤔
Cherry wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:05 pm Older people who develop a disability after reaching State Pension Age (SPA), and are claiming Attendance Allowance (AA), are unable to lease a Motability vehicle or get exemption from Vehicle Excise Duty. This is because they are unable to claim the higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA) or the enhanced rate mobility component of Personal Independence Payments (PIP) – which would qualify them to access the scheme. This is unfair and discriminatory (despite a ruling by the courts). Older people who receive Attendance Allowance should be assessed for the scheme based on their mobility needs rather than receipt of DLA and PIP.

I quite agree. If we're going to help people be mobile at a gov.uk level, at least make access to those mobility services even-handed.
Cherry wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:05 pm If Attendace Allowance was eligible may be I can persuade a family member to get a Porche Taycan EV via the scheme and use it to drive them around.

Unfortunately the vehicles available on the Scheme don't include the Taycan, or anything Porsche 😂 You can only order what's available on the scheme, and that's less than 1,000 specific vehicle trim combinations now; the available vehicles on the scheme has been dropping like a stone over the last 12 months as supply issues mean manufacturers are focusing on more profitable sales channels than Motability.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Cherry

Post by Cherry »

But retirement age is not 65. It is higher.

Motability reported a post-tax profit of £559.9m in 2021. Wow!
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Cherry wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:53 pm But retirement age is not 65. It is higher.

Indeed. Gov.uk at it again 😂, taking their "slice" on the way in and on the way out. And double-counting while they do!
Cherry wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 9:53 pm Motabiliy reported a post-tax profit of £559.9m in 2021. Wow!

I expect it to be even higher in 2022. Many Motability customers have been forced into extending their leases as new leases are not available and renewed leases are more profitable as the cost doesn't drop despite the car being leased being 3 years old. Plus people taking new Motability leases are sending their old used vehicles into a hugely inflated market at the moment, and you can guarantee that the book residuals on those used vehicles is thousands lower than Motability dealers will pay for them. Like I said, hugely profitable.

It's still a good scheme and offers genuine benefit, don't get me wrong. One does wonder though whether the huge profits being generated shouldn't be reinvested somewhere else!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

ID.3 family turquoise
Nice one @alanpyle.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max