Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Butternut

Post by Butternut »

Long time lurker but thought I would post after getting bad news today. Just had an update, considering I ordered august 27th. I’ve now been updated of an estimated build week 33 (15th august) and eta September - October. Really not happy and considering pulling out of the car. We were told originally December 21, and right until mid December we were told things were on schedule with a slight delay for a January pick up. Then it was a, sorry but there’s no longer a build date. Then after a complaint to the dealership we got a sorry, we will check more often and let you know, now today 13 months -14 months will be the total wait :(

I’ll get my details for the spreadsheet later

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Butternut wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:28 pm Long time lurker but thought I would post after getting bad news today. Just had an update, considering I ordered august 27th. I’ve now been updated of an estimated build week 33 (15th august) and eta September - October. Really not happy and considering pulling out of the car. We were told originally December 21, and right until mid December we were told things were on schedule with a slight delay for a January pick up. Then it was a, sorry but there’s no longer a build date. Then after a complaint to the dealership we got a sorry, we will check more often and let you know, now today 13 months -14 months will be the total wait :(

Crumbs @Butternut I’m sorry to hear that. I suspect there’s going to be more of this kind of bad news incoming before March, and I don’t think anyone is safe, not even the “older” orders like you (and I!)
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Butternut wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:28 pm Long time lurker but thought I would post after getting bad news today. Just had an update, considering I ordered august 27th. I’ve now been updated of an estimated build week 33 (15th august) and eta September - October. Really not happy and considering pulling out of the car. We were told originally December 21, and right until mid December we were told things were on schedule with a slight delay for a January pick up. Then it was a, sorry but there’s no longer a build date. Then after a complaint to the dealership we got a sorry, we will check more often and let you know, now today 13 months -14 months will be the total wait :(

I can honestly say that that would be me out.

I've not spoken to my dealer since ordering mid-October, and I'm getting very nervous about doing so.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Butternut

Post by Butternut »

Yeh I suspect so :(. The cynic in my thinks they gave the build to a better client. But what can you do other than cancel the order, which I don’t suspect they will be overly fussed with due to how far the build date is, they could easily find another buyer in a week for it.

For the spreadsheet

Order number: 3132XXXX
Family, east Derry alloys
Ordered 27/08/2021
Dealership: Marshall’s didcot
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Butternut wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:58 pm Yeh I suspect so :(. The cynic in my thinks they gave the build to a better client. But what can you do other than cancel the order, which I don’t suspect they will be overly fussed with due to how far the build date is, they could easily find another buyer in a week for it.

For the spreadsheet

Ordered 27/08/2021
Absolutely. There's no real winner in cancelling apart from the dealer. I'd be worried about ordering a new car from another dealer and being in the same position. We went to check out Kia the other day and they were saying 6 months minimum for a new car. I can only imagine that could get worse if other dealers are facing the same issues as VW. It seems the only place to get an EV in a decent amount of time atm is Tesla but for those on a budget that's not as much of an option.
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Butternut wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:58 pm Yeh I suspect so :(. The cynic in my thinks they gave the build to a better client. But what can you do other than cancel the order, which I don’t suspect they will be overly fussed with due to how far the build date is, they could easily find another buyer in a week for it.

For the spreadsheet

Ordered 27/08/2021
Your order number is lower than what mine was as mine was 3134xxxx and that was a fresh order on the 1st July. So its either a cancelled order or a vehicle ordered for stock but to wait that long is ludicrous.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

For the spreadsheet

Ordered 27/08/2021

Something doesn’t seem right with that very low order number and getting quoted a 12 month lead time. Like you, I suspect chicanery afoot.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Jimrod

Post by Jimrod »

Just checked mine (as in sig) today and it's been pushed back a further two weeks to week 12. Since I've done my second lease extension already which ends at the start of April I'm going to cancel. Should free up an order for someone else but these goalposts seem to be ever moving and the current car will need new tyres so it's starting to cost me. I'll just buy a runaround for a year or so and look for something when better deals are around and more options!
Family Pro \ Managanese \ East Derry
Order Number received 27th July
Original est Build week 47 (2021), confirmed 49, then 50, then 10 (2022)...
Current Estimated Build (as of Jan 12th) week 12 (2022)
Order Num - 31393xxx
Ollie23

Post by Ollie23 »

Another long time lurker, some more info for the spreadsheet.

Tour Pro S
Order number: 3141XXXX
Order date: 30/07/21
Order confirmed: 06/08/21
Estimated build week 43
Then build week 49

Unfortunately no new updates this year
Nicbob

Post by Nicbob »

Another lurker here as well.
I ordered my Family Pro through Knowles Fleet via the NHS. I was told the order went in on 20/07/21, with an initial estimated delivery of October 21. This, predictably, got moved to December 21 and then pushed again to February 22. Fully expecting this to get pushed back again. Sadly because I've gone through a 'broker' I can't get access to anymore information about my car, so I have no idea where it is in terms of build (or potentially not built at all yet!)
My very vague order information is free to go in the spreadsheet of doom.
Last edited by Nicbob on Wed Jan 12, 2022 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Family Pro in Stonewashed Blue and bog standard wheels
NHS Knowles Fleet
Ordered 20/07/2021
Build Week 49
Delivery: 30/03/22
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

andrewparker wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:41 pm
MattgID3 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:16 pm Not happy, just had an updated eta for september!
Who's your dealer? Doesn't say on the spreadsheet....
hi that looks like them.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Utumno wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:08 pm
MattgID3 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:54 pm Ive ordered through work via kinto. The dealer i believe is north london. I called to confirm if this was an error and kinto confirmed that was the mail they had from the dealer. Im hoping its just plucked out of thin air as no confirmed build date yet. still i might get my23 at this rate with software 5.0

This https://www.kinto-mobility.eu ?

Perhaps my own mis-spent youth many years ago, but I was rather reminded of...

hi to confirm thats the correct supplier.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
slef2003

Post by slef2003 »

Have you considered a complaint to VW UK? rather than the dealer as your order number is a lot lower than mine 3143*** which was ordered exactly 1 week before yours. My Sales bod was honest in saying he could not give a precise date but "hoped" it might be xmas time. I am lucky as a Motability driver so will keep current car until handover.

Andy

For the spreadsheet

Ordered 27/08/2021
20.08.21 Order Tour Pro S Bog Standard Robinsons VW Lowestoft
Order Number 31435***
16.02.22 Given Build Week 37
29.05.22 Given Build Week 34
02.07.22 Given Build Week 36!
12.08.22 Given Build Week 48!
02.23 confirmed build week 09
Collection 28.04.23
Candy88

Post by Candy88 »

Finally picked up my ID3 yesterday and it is absolutely gorgeous. Took 6 months to get and I’ve felt frustrated and angry along the way, so I just wanted to say hang in there, don’t cancel orders, it’s so worth it :)

Hope things speed up for everyone still waiting.
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Has anybody transferring on a PCP managed to renegotiate the equity value of their existing car before taking delivery of their ID3 due to the increase in second hand car values?
Butternut

Post by Butternut »

So we got a screenshot for the dealer, it’s still showing as a my22 build? Would a car that doesn’t even start being built till august be my22 or would the factory only be exclusively producing my22.5 cars by that point?
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Butternut wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:22 am So we got a screenshot for the dealer, it’s still showing as a my22 build? Would a car that doesn’t even start being built till august be my22 or would the factory only be exclusively producing my22.5 cars by that point?
If it started building on December 1st then sat in a carpark until it finished it might be MY22. If it started building in August it would be my22.5.

Saying that, I don't think we've seen a 22.5 screenshot yet for a pre Dec 1 order. It might be that MY22, but built after December, means "Don't turn on the parking feature because they haven't paid for it".
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Butternut wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:22 am So we got a screenshot for the dealer, it’s still showing as a my22 build? Would a car that doesn’t even start being built till august be my22 or would the factory only be exclusively producing my22.5 cars by that point?
As that screenshot is the current status of your vehicle and there is nothing much to add to until it goes to status 30. At that point if it is going to be a MY22.5 it will show then. It will not show whilst its on status 20. I got this information from my dealer a little while ago when I was sat with him looking at my order.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

tomstring wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 7:07 am Has anybody transferring on a PCP managed to renegotiate the equity value of their existing car before taking delivery of their ID3 due to the increase in second hand car values?
I'm going to my dealer on the weekend to do just that. He called yesterday and said the Head of Sales there will sit down with us to have a chat about that so it would hopefully seem they're open to renegotiating but we'll see! When I mentioned the idea to our dealer last week he didn't seem like it couldn't happen and said he understood since there's been quite a lot of time since we ordered the car.
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Update on my October 19th order –

"As of today the system is showing that your order has an estimated build week of week 18, which is 2nd to 8th May."
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten