Dip mirror in reverse

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
micklebrow

Post by micklebrow »

I have the mirrors selected in the settings to go down, but nothing happens when I reverse.

Can anyone help, perhaps there's something else I should be doing.

Thanks
ID3 Life Pro Performance 204ps, Mangan Grey

Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

Turn the knob to the passenger side mirror, then put the car in reverse.

It's covered in the user manual.
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

micklebrow wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:36 pm I have the mirrors selected in the settings to go down, but nothing happens when I reverse.

Can anyone help, perhaps there's something else I should be doing.

Thanks
As above, you have to turn the wing mirror knob to the passenger (L) and it will dip for you... however do note that the ID.3 doesn't remember the last position you left this knob when you exit the vehicle, so you will have to turn it to L every time you want the mirror to dip.
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

^ Which is highly annoying.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
micklebrow

Post by micklebrow »

Fantastic, thanks again.
itsmeGAV

Post by itsmeGAV »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:39 pm ^ Which is highly annoying.
It is VERY annoying..
2021 Life Pro Performance - Manganese Grey - 19" Andoyas - Software 2.3 - SOLD July 2022.
Splash-Man

Post by Splash-Man »

itsmeGAV wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:08 am
It is VERY annoying..
Its things like this that I just don't get. My old Touran had the option of dipping the mirror when selecting reverse. You either set to dip every time or not at all.
I don't understand the logic behind to select it each time you want it as now seems to be the case with the ID3
2023 Facelift 77kWh Pro S Costa Azule
18/9/23 Order placed
15/12/23 Collection day count down !
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Splash-Man wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:23 am
It is VERY annoying..
Its things like this that I just don't get. My old Touran had the option of dipping the mirror when selecting reverse. You either set to dip every time or not at all.
I don't understand the logic behind to select it each time you want it as now seems to be the case with the ID3
It appears to be because they have changed the type of selector switch so that rather than having a definitive position(s) it now 'reads' how far it has been turned. So for instance you can't leave the heated mirrors on, or leave the mirrors folded in. It annoyed the heck out of me for about two months and now I just use the camera (assuming you have one).
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Splash-Man wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:23 am
It is VERY annoying..
I find it amusing that you've used the word logic when taking about Volkswagen , how about the heating on switch its the only one which is blue when it's off and grey when it's on, totally opposite to every other function info the car
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw
micklebrow

Post by micklebrow »

Well had the selector selected to the left hand mirror, and it mad no difference, mirror does not move when reverse selected. O well, back again to the drawing board.
Hypercube

Post by Hypercube »

You need to set and store the dipped position manually to begin with.

Select reverse gear
Select LH mirror
Adjust mirror to view kerb
Select neutral

The LH mirror should return to the previous position. When you later select the LH mirror on the rotary switch and select reverse gear, the mirror should dip to the position you previously set (above)

[p.111 of the manual which was included only with early cars]
Deleted User 192

Post by Deleted User 192 »

micklebrow wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 5:36 pm Well had the selector selected to the left hand mirror, and it mad no difference, mirror does not move when reverse selected. O well, back again to the drawing board.

1. You have to set a lowered position
2. You have to enable the lower on reversing setting

It’s all covered in the manual, either press Help in the car and open the Vehicle Wallet, or access online from a browser.
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Without a rear camera I use the mirrors for reversing a lot so happy to live with a manual mirror dip when I want it. Like reversing into a space with a high kerb without scuffing the wheels.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
micklebrow

Post by micklebrow »

Thanks again everyone, all sorted now.