Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

Butternut wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:24 pm
darknite1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:10 pm I just had the call. My order as a build week of 29 status 10, estimate delivery end of September. If they actually meet that that will be 48 - 50 weeks total since the factory accepting the order :-( I might have to rethink this. I will post on here if I cancel, might free up a Life Pro Performance if someone is after one!!
I know the pain, it’s looking like a year for myself. I think there will be a lot of people in our situation. I’ve sent an email to Volkswagen as I have lost all faith in there ability to deliver the car this year, which is totally unacceptable to myself :(
I know it is not just VW with delays, but for me it is a case of the car I am trading in is on pcp which runs out this October so VW can not deliver in September I will need to pay that final lump. Plus second car values are high at the moment but between now and then they could plummet. Going to speak to the missus later about it but at the moment I am 70% sure I will be cancelling this order tomorrow. I was estimated 20 weeks, so jumping to 50 weeks isn't acceptable in my book, and can't even guarantee week 50 so could easily add on another 10? 20 weeks? It might just be the wrong time to get an EV.

Griff

Post by Griff »

MattgID3 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:54 am You have to wonder woth the current lead time now more than 12 months and people having thier orders pushed back what the reputational damage to vw is as well as thier ev market share, Tesla seemingly are able to still get cars out in much shorter timescales vw need to come out and explain why they are so seemingly paralysed by the chip shortage and improve thier communication to thier customers.
I "assume" that VW use common chips/components in all their cars (EV and ICE) so prioritise production across a much larger range. Tesla are EV-only so from the EV perspective might be doing a better job but doesn't mean that VW are as paralysed as we perceive.
:: ID.3 Life Pro :: Manganese Grey :: East Derry Alloys :: Tow Hitch ::
January 2022.
Pod Point Solo 3 Home Charger.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

darknite1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:30 pm It might just be the wrong time to get an EV.

It may just be the wrong time to get a VW Group EV. Many other brands are coping better, anecdotally. I still think the ID.3 is one of the best packages for the price currently available, and when grants and PCP discounts were available it was almost a 'no-brainer' if an EV suited your travel patterns.

But it really does seem as though VW, for whatever combination of reasons, can't build the damn things.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Griff wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:37 pm
MattgID3 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:54 am You have to wonder woth the current lead time now more than 12 months and people having thier orders pushed back what the reputational damage to vw is as well as thier ev market share, Tesla seemingly are able to still get cars out in much shorter timescales vw need to come out and explain why they are so seemingly paralysed by the chip shortage and improve thier communication to thier customers.
I "assume" that VW use common chips/components in all their cars (EV and ICE) so prioritise production across a much larger range. Tesla are EV-only so from the EV perspective might be doing a better job but doesn't mean that VW are as paralysed as we perceive.

Tesla do far more integration with their own organisation than VW do (in fact far more integration than nearly every other current manufacturer) and that helps agility. I'm not a Tesla brand fanboy, but that technical agility has served them well.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

bbardsley

Post by bbardsley »

So I've just spoken to our dealer, we now have an unconfirmed build week of Week 39. Lex Autolease told us it would be here when we needed it for the 1st October... It's only just going to have been built by then...

We got a 'steal' of a deal compared to current market offers, so it looks like we'll have to negotiate keeping our current vehicle longer to tie us over.

I'm assuming that as it's being built so late in the year, we'll definitely have the latest specification and model year. *fingers crossed*
Ordered 17/08/21: ID.3 Tour | Glacier White
Unconfirmed Build Week 39 (2022)
Cancelled 18/01/22
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

bbardsley wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:53 pm So I've just spoken to our dealer, we now have an unconfirmed build week of Week 39. Lex Autolease told us it would be here when we needed it for the 1st October... It's only just going to have been built by then...

We got a 'steal' of a deal compared to current market offers, so it looks like we'll have to negotiate keeping our current vehicle longer to tie us over.

I'm assuming that as it's being built so late in the year, we'll definitely have the latest specification and model year. *fingers crossed*
So you could be looking at delivery late December / January 2023??? Based on your order date 16+ months???
darknite1

Post by darknite1 »

Utumno wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:40 pm
darknite1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:30 pm It might just be the wrong time to get an EV.

It may just be the wrong time to get a VW Group EV. Many other brands are coping better, anecdotally. I still think the ID.3 is one of the best packages for the price currently available, and when grants and PCP discounts were available it was almost a 'no-brainer' if an EV suited your travel patterns.

But it really does seem as though VW, for whatever combination of reasons, can't build the damn things.
Too many models? Too many variations like Cupra Born using all the same parts? Over commitment? I totally agree with you, I ordered my id3 for those reasons. But wow 11+ months, a couple of people 16+ months! If I was buying the car outright then no problems, but I can not afford to do that so everything is financed and these time frames make it very hard to justify keeping the order. Just not sure I want an MG or a Mokka E after driving the id3 though.
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Don’t know how accurate this is but from another forum as of today they are ceasing orders for the ID3 to catch up
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

Bubba82 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:13 pm Don’t know how accurate this is but from another forum as of today they are ceasing orders for the ID3 to catch up
Might be dealer specific. I called a few in Scotland yesterday and they were still taking orders, but advising 1year+ wait times.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

darknite1 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:04 pm
bbardsley wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:53 pm So I've just spoken to our dealer, we now have an unconfirmed build week of Week 39. Lex Autolease told us it would be here when we needed it for the 1st October... It's only just going to have been built by then...

So you could be looking at delivery late December / January 2023??? Based on your order date 16+ months???

And probably for a MY22.5 car.

We're going to reach EV inception soon.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Gjrosser

Post by Gjrosser »

Yes, had the dreaded call today, build week for my car has jumped from week 7 to week 38 (despite other that were ordered a week before still being week 7/8). This whole business is now ridiculous, if this is down to chips, a new factory could be built in 6 months to start producing them again. All we hear is ‘there’s a shortage of chips!,, The whole car industry is just going to destroy itself!

Car was ordered end August. Is this just some models being delayed further or what?
knade

Post by knade »

Jeeez, I was in two minds on whether to check on here today. Ordered a 58kwh family 145kw, on the 19th of November, it took until the 6th of December for the factory to "accept" the order. I was originally told 6-9 months but this just seems nuts now. Got a current VW that will need mot and a few other things probably by the time I would get the ID.3

Emailed my dealer earlier today to see what's going on with mine.
N21

Post by N21 »

Gjrosser wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:41 pm Yes, had the dreaded call today, build week for my car has jumped from week 7 to week 38 (despite other that were ordered a week before still being week 7/8). This whole business is now ridiculous, if this is down to chips, a new factory could be built in 6 months to start producing them again. All we hear is ‘there’s a shortage of chips!,, The whole car industry is just going to destroy itself!

Car was ordered end August. Is this just some models being delayed further or what?
Even in a normal pre-COVID world, it takes years and billions of dollars to scale up semiconductor manufacturing.
Skilldo

Post by Skilldo »

Just off the phone to my dealer and my order has apparently come forward to build week 10. I was expecting a huge delay.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance, East Derry Alloys, Bike Hitch
Ordered 15/9/21
Delivered 18/6/22
Dogcow

Post by Dogcow »

Skilldo wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:54 pm Just off the phone to my dealer and my order has apparently come forward to build week 10. I was expecting a huge delay.
My Family Pro Performance has the same build week (not confirmed though) and I ordered same day as you lol. Here’s hoping week 10 is “RHD Family Pro” week :D
—————-
Family Pro Performance ordered 15/9/21
Original build week fifty something
Build Week 11 2022
Code 30 - 23/4/22
Code 36 / 38 / 39 - the following week
Code 40 - 29/4/22
Expected at dealer 10/5/22
Arrived at dealer 16/5/22
Collected 24/5/22
farandaway

Post by farandaway »

My leasing Co. has contacted the dealer and they have stated that they still fully expect my vehicle to be with them on 18th July (original date given).......
Family Pro 58Kwh, Moonstone Grey, East Derry Alloys
VW Order No-31415xxx
Current Build Status/Delivery-00/17TH OCT 2022 :cry:
Grumps

Post by Grumps »

Hi
First time poster.
Ordered 15/08/21
Originally told build week 1, 2022
Just rang dealer who says I am status code 10 and estimated build week 19, which is a little disappointing.

He did say that he views the info with a pinch of salt, as cars keep suddenly turning up. He seemed under the impression that cars already built and stored, were missing the infotainment system and something else (was distracted at that point).

Told to call back in a couple of weeks to see if they have any newer info.
ID.3 Tour pro S 77 kwh Scale Silver

Ordered 15 Aug 2021
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

I ordered at the end of September through DTD and was told 21 weeks delivery at the time. I can't seem to get anything at all out of either DTD or the dealer. I just called the dealer earlier today, only to be told my guy "wasn't available", so I left a message for him to call me back. Rather than calling me, I got an email saying "Thank you for calling the office for a update. We have checked the system and we are still waiting for the factory to update the system with further information. We can only apologise for these delays at the factory which affecting updates on build weeks." I've asked DTD, but they just say to contact the dealer.

The total absence of any information whatsoever is very frustrating!
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Grumps wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:27 pm Hi
First time poster.
Ordered 15/08/21
Originally told build week 1, 2022
Just rang dealer who says I am status code 10 and estimated build week 19, which is a little disappointing.

He did say that he views the info with a pinch of salt, as cars keep suddenly turning up. He seemed under the impression that cars already built and stored, were missing the infotainment system and something else (was distracted at that point).

Told to call back in a couple of weeks to see if they have any newer info.
Tbf there was someone on this thread in the weeks before Christmas also saying that dealers were just receiving built cars unexpectedly with their tracking system saying those cars are still in build. Don't know how widespread it was but looks like it still might be happening 🤷‍♂️ comms are just awful across the board atm it would seem.
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

duncsand wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:37 pm I ordered at the end of September through DTD and was told 21 weeks delivery at the time. I can't seem to get anything at all out of either DTD or the dealer. I just called the dealer earlier today, only to be told my guy "wasn't available", so I left a message for him to call me back. Rather than calling me, I got an email saying "Thank you for calling the office for a update. We have checked the system and we are still waiting for the factory to update the system with further information. We can only apologise for these delays at the factory which affecting updates on build weeks." I've asked DTD, but they just say to contact the dealer.

The total absence of any information whatsoever is very frustrating!
Yeah, I'm not sure why you'd involve DTD to be honest, their involvement in the transaction is over. I am surprised you've not managed an update from "our" dealer though, I got one back within a few hours yesterday.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten