Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Dogcow

Post by Dogcow »

Utumno wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:16 pm
Dogcow wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:35 pm
Utumno wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:26 pmIf so then that will take VW out of Motability 😟
I think the only VW left on Motability now is the Up :lol:

Close 😮 31 VW models from 6 ranges in total :

2 x Caddy Maxi
4 x Golf Hatchbacks
2 x Golf Estates
8 x T-Cross
9 x Tiguan Allspace
6 x Touran
6 x Up

Only 890 vehicles on the whole scheme too.
Only VW electric vehicle I meant oops ha
—————-
Family Pro Performance ordered 15/9/21
Original build week fifty something
Build Week 11 2022
Code 30 - 23/4/22
Code 36 / 38 / 39 - the following week
Code 40 - 29/4/22
Expected at dealer 10/5/22
Arrived at dealer 16/5/22
Collected 24/5/22

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Malcster wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:52 pm I think VW's problem is they are trying to spin too many plates at once.
In my experience though, it’s nothing new. I’ve had 5 factory ordered VWs in the last 7 years and the best I’ve had was 6 months from order to delivery, and the worst was 10 months. They’re not known for fulfilling orders in three months like BMW usually do.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

Thanks Andrew for the background advice and sharing your previous experiences. Yes, I suppose for those of us purchasing our first factory-order VWs, the lead-times do come as a bit of a shock.

I know if one is looking to have an Aston Martin or a Morgan, the delivery times are many months, but I had always (naively) thought mainstream cars were took a matter of weeks. My current MINI Cooper for example, was ordered on the first week of March, built the third week in March and I drove it away from the dealership on April 2nd. Before the present COVID and semi-conductor issues, I thought that was pretty normal!
sghom

Post by sghom »

I suppose 8 months for me ........if it turns up..... is acceptable , sort of ?
In plenty of time for easter . now........ what on earth might be happening at easter? :D ;) [back to its place of birth? maybe 8-) ]
family pro performance, mangy knees+bin lids
JCT 600 [sheffield]
ordered 17 july
3140xxxx
build week 45 confirmed? 11/1
on the boat 8-)
MY22
ETA feb 22 8-)
Ollie23

Post by Ollie23 »

Ollie23 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:16 pm Another long time lurker, some more info for the spreadsheet.

Tour Pro S
Order number: 3141XXXX
Order date: 30/07/21
Order confirmed: 06/08/21
Estimated build week 43
Then build week 49

Unfortunately no new updates this year
Just been in to see my dealer, he has now told me that it is now a week 22 build, and MY22.5
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Dogcow wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:44 am
Utumno wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:16 pm
Dogcow wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 9:35 pm

I think the only VW left on Motability now is the Up :lol:

Close 😮 31 VW models from 6 ranges in total :

2 x Caddy Maxi
4 x Golf Hatchbacks
2 x Golf Estates
8 x T-Cross
9 x Tiguan Allspace
6 x Touran
6 x Up

Only 890 vehicles on the whole scheme too.
Only VW electric vehicle I meant oops ha

If you want an EV on the scheme it’s most likely going to be a Kona or an MG. Sad times.

EDIT: just re-read this and just want to make it clear “sad times” wasn’t offering an opinion on either the Kona or the MG as a vehicle! I’m sure they’re both well suited to many people’s lifestyle, but it’s a shame to not have more choice available to Motability customers is all
Last edited by Utumno on Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Ollie23 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:50 am
Ollie23 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:16 pm Another long time lurker, some more info for the spreadsheet.

Tour Pro S
Order number: 3141XXXX
Order date: 30/07/21
Order confirmed: 06/08/21
Estimated build week 43
Then build week 49

Unfortunately no new updates this year
Just been in to see my dealer, he has now told me that it is now a week 22 build, and MY22.5

Thanks for the details @Ollie23, apologies for missing your first post too! I’ve added you to the spreadsheet.

Frankly I am expecting my dealer to give me similar information when they update me next.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

tdbegley28

Post by tdbegley28 »

Hello all,

I have an ID3 Tour on a Motability order that was placed 3rd October. I have been given my order number but no other info at all, my question is, as cards are getting removed from Motability and people can no longer order an ID3, is my order safe or is it possible it could get cancelled? Thanks in advance.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

tdbegley28 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:16 pm Hello all,

I have an ID3 Tour on a Motability order that was placed 3rd October. I have been given my order number but no other info at all, my question is, as cards are getting removed from Motability and people can no longer order an ID3, is my order safe or is it possible it could get cancelled? Thanks in advance.
Your order is safe unless the factory cancel your order for any reason. Motability won’t cancel the order just because VW remove a car from the scheme after Motability accept your order.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Your order is safe although by the looks of things you'll have to wait some time for it.
Your current lease will just get extended through to you getting your Tour.
Although you haven't got an order number its currently not essential. We used to get our order number so we could track online but that provision was to aken away back in late summer.
If you've got a good dealer ask them for a screenshot of your order, you've probably seen this shots posted before.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

Just been to the dealers to negotiate my part exchange value. Few interesting bits that confirm what others have said on this forum. It looks like beginning from W40 build week there's been a bunch of cars stuck on status 20 which is the build status (which aligns with Utumnos experience but you might have been one of the unlucky ones :/). They get very very limited info from the manufacturers and they don't even know if the cars that have passed their build week are part built and waiting for chips or haven't even entered the production line yet. They've also said, as many other have on this forum, that sometimes car appear at their showroom with no status change on the system so they haven't expected them.

In terms of the ID models, for a lot of the ID.3 trims you're now looking at 9+ months wait. They've been doing a few things to alleviate ID.3 pressures on the factory such as taking the cars off motability, dealerships can no longer order cars for showroom, and rental companies are being discouraged from ordering them as well.

But other than that they have no clue when cars will be built and when they might show up. Their current estimate for when the chip shortages might ease off a bit is around Q4 this year but possibly longer and into 2023!
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
tdbegley28

Post by tdbegley28 »

Newfie wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:56 pm

Your order is safe although by the looks of things you'll have to wait some time for it.
Your current lease will just get extended through to you getting your Tour.
Although you haven't got an order number its currently not essential. We used to get our order number so we could track online but that provision was to aken away back in late summer.
If you've got a good dealer ask them for a screenshot of your order, you've probably seen this shots posted before.
Thank you both for the replies.
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

Hadn’t had a dealer update for a month and still haven’t, but what I did get out of the blue yesterday was finance documents from my leasing company. So I called them to ask if this indicated good news - and it did! At a UK port, I was told. Then it seemed it had actually reached the port last Monday and might even be at the dealers by now. Close inspection of the finance documents revealed I have a registration number too, though it shows the registration date as 31 January so I will have to be patient for a little while longer.

So you can add me to the list of those being surprised by their cars suddenly appearing, which might give some hope to a number of you that you might be next. I’m on the spreddy already, Family Pro Performance ordered late July/early August 2021, so basically a six month wait in place of the promised two.

I’m sure this means it will certainly be a MY22 where it would have been a nice compensation for the long delay to get the updated trim. But of course I’m just delighted at the prospect of seeing my car soon and can start to get excited about it.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

chrisfs wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:52 pmBut of course I’m just delighted at the prospect of seeing my car soon and can start to get excited about it.

Fantastic news. It seems increasingly clear that VW are having trouble shipping Max and Tour trims, and are focusing attention on Family (and perhaps Life too) trims. Makes total sense; they’ll be the higher volume sellers.

I might be reading too much into the data (correlation isn’t necessarily causation 😂) but from what I can see there aren’t too many Family and Life models backlogged that haven’t received 2022 build date reschedules.

I wonder if that means that build week 40 in 2021 (the Bermuda Triangle of build weeks, where no information escapes from let alone vehicles) is about to start unblocking?
Tesla Model Y Long Range

genawin

Post by genawin »

Utomno It's good of you to have created and maintained the tracker, I hope you don't mind me asking why my order was removed ?
DTD ,Life Pro, Ordered: June 10th, Order no: 31299xxx,Scheduled build week: wk34
Confirmed build week: wk36, 15 Dec waiting at Emden.
It doesn't bother me in the slightest just wondered ?
sghom

Post by sghom »

genawin
your car has been moved to the delivered section.
family pro performance, mangy knees+bin lids
JCT 600 [sheffield]
ordered 17 july
3140xxxx
build week 45 confirmed? 11/1
on the boat 8-)
MY22
ETA feb 22 8-)
genawin

Post by genawin »

sghom wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:08 am genawin
Fair enough I didn't realise it moved until delivered.
ricko

Post by ricko »

Utumno wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:28 pm It seems increasingly clear that VW are having trouble shipping Max and Tour trims
Indeed that seems to be the case. I have also wondered whether RHD is an issue - in this case the RHS/Tour combination ??
Do they build RHD cars in batches ? Do they then have also a minimum batch size ?

Rick
Life Pro Performance Kings Red + heatpump
Ordered 11/10/2021 @ Inchcape
Build week 38/22
Collected 20/07/22

Intelligent Octopus referral link (£50 credit) : https://share.octopus.energy/frost-snake-180
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

genawin wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:17 am
sghom wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:08 am genawin
Fair enough I didn't realise it moved until delivered.

Happy not to if it irritates! It’s just a huge big long list and is pretty unwieldy to read so I do periodic cleanup of built cars.

In your case we hadn’t heard from you for a while so given the dates I just assumed you were happily enjoying the vehicle rather than updating us randos 😂

I shall move you back - have you not taken delivery even though your vehicle was at Emden mid-December?
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Dogcow

Post by Dogcow »

ricko wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:19 am
Utumno wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:28 pm It seems increasingly clear that VW are having trouble shipping Max and Tour trims
Indeed that seems to be the case. I have also wondered whether RHD is an issue - in this case the RHS/Tour combination ??
Do they build RHD cars in batches ? Do they then have also a minimum batch size ?

Rick
I was looking at the sheet yesterday trying to see any pattern around my build week, noticed there are 4 Life Pro Performance given week 10, it would make sense to build similar/same specs together in batches you would think.
—————-
Family Pro Performance ordered 15/9/21
Original build week fifty something
Build Week 11 2022
Code 30 - 23/4/22
Code 36 / 38 / 39 - the following week
Code 40 - 29/4/22
Expected at dealer 10/5/22
Arrived at dealer 16/5/22
Collected 24/5/22