Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
iandoublem

Post by iandoublem »

corals wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:04 am well i am now hunting for another car got up date from vw dam build week 15 2023 its going to be over 2 years before i even see this tour this is a motability order so i am hoping in april there is a few more cars added feeling really gutted but i will keep my id order until i find another

Week 15 2023!? That’s utterly ridiculous.
When did you order?

andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

iandoublem wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:24 am
corals wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:04 am well i am now hunting for another car got up date from vw dam build week 15 2023 its going to be over 2 years before i even see this tour this is a motability order so i am hoping in april there is a few more cars added feeling really gutted but i will keep my id order until i find another

Week 15 2023!? That’s utterly ridiculous.
When did you order?
1st August 21, according to the spreadsheet.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

rikimaru wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:59 pm Based on those replies to my question, I'm sensing some genuine concerns (build quality and looks) but also a bit of hostility in here towards Tesla :roll:

Anyways, I'm considering my options and the Polestar 2 does have a much better PCP option compared with the Model 3, making it more accessible.

Would love to have a brief comparison between the ID3 and Polestar 2, for anyone that's done the comparison already! Particularly interested in practicality for family use.

On the finance front, we're going to be financing the Model Y through a PCP organised via Forza Finance. Mostly because it lopped £100 a month off the Tesla PCP price due to a considerably higher GFV. Obviously your financing position/risk profile is very personal to your own individual circumstances, but Tesla notoriously undervalue GFV's across the board often leading to uncompetitive monthly payments both on PCP and PCH. If you're not put off by the Tesla-bashing an alternative finance quote might help. But as I've said before, the P* is a fine, fine car and we'd likely be in one now if SWMBO hadn't dinged it on height and looks.

My own view on Tesla is that they're fine vehicles, in their own way. You might well disagree with Elon on Twitter, and you might not like the interior for your own (absolutely valid) subjective reasons, and you might not like the subjective look of them, but they remain fine vehicles regardless. Shanghai do a far better better job of assembling them than Fremont as well (Dad's new "made-in-China" M3 is absolutely streets and houses better built than his old 2019 Fremont car ... and my Dad is a car junkie who has never in his entire 80+ year life had two identical cars, let alone back-to-back!)

Yes the Tesla fanbois are irritating, and yes the Cult of Tesla is real ... but you don't have to engage with either of them if you don't want to. I'm not going to when the Y arrives and I'm sure you'll all keep me honest and point out if I start to sound like I've drunk the Kool-Aid 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

83 weeks from point of order (1-Aug-2021) until "finger-in-the-air-might-start-being-built-but-you'll-never-know" status 10 build week?

Just say no, that's mental. However on a Motability order, I think that really only leaves you with a Kona if you're staying EV. I mean there are other theoretical choices, but you'll be scraping the Stellantis barrel out, God help you. I also nearly fell off my chair at the current e-Niro AP's...

I also think this casts even more serious doubt on our Tour. I can't imagine for one moment VW is feeling any imperative to build our Motability Tour, even if it is part built in a field somewhere....
Tesla Model Y Long Range

ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Utumno wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 5:25 pm
DarrenPotton wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 4:50 pm My lease company said today my order had gone back a step to awaiting allocation of build week.
What does that mean.
Car ordered last October , family property performance.
Thanks.

That means your vehicle doesn’t currently have a build date (status 00). Which in practice means that I wouldn’t be expecting to see that vehicle for at least another 12 months, and I’d treat that 12 months as rolling until you do get some indication of a build week.
I ordered October 2021, still no build week!!!
In seriousness do you think I’ll see the car this year?
It’s frustrating this from a customer point of view, I know why the delays are obviously, but still poor service you must agree.
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

That’s it I’m out now order cancelled…Volvo C40 on order now
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

my (partners) order has gone from in transit from factory, to in UK/transit to dealer along with the VIN & reg details.

PDI, delivery/collection dates still TBC.

(the last update from the dealer on 16/3 was it was still in transit from factory , then 2 days later its in UK +reg details.)
ID3 Family Pro, Derry alloys. Order 21/09/21, bld wk 49/21, delivered 04/04/22
ID4 Life ordered 21/10/21 build wk33/22 delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

So just to add
Spoke to my dealer today (car not drug) :D
Feel for this guy tbh decent chap anyway

Price is fine don't worry about that only being protected for 2 rises
It's the grant is the issue as it's only for12 months
Hopefully vag may step in and do something or even the government may intervene

Fingers crossed

Anyway that's reassuring to hear I was concerned my great deal on a family spec when it arrives circa 2050 will be a lot dearer
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
Trilby

Post by Trilby »

I now have an order number for the ID3 Max 31554***
Ordered 10th Feb, ID3 Max, Moonstone Grey (a cancelled order from another customer) Leasing via Listers Volkswagen Stratford
Dealer suggests Nov/Dec 22 delivery if lucky, and sent me the Potential production delays on your Volkswagen order letter from Rod McLeod
Happy for this to go on the spreadsheet @utumno
Is there a way to do any more tracking on the order?

ID3 Max Moonstone & Bike rack - Order #31554***
Week 45 22 est. Then 2023 wk 17 😭 and then 2023 wk 14 :o now (may 23) it's here! 🚘
Hypervolt & 6.4k solar with 10k battery
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Trilby wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 2:56 pm I now have an order number for the ID3 Max 31554***
Ordered 10th Feb, ID3 Max, Moonstone Grey (a cancelled order from another customer) Leasing via Listers Volkswagen Stratford
Dealer suggests Nov/Dec 22 delivery if lucky, and sent me the Potential production delays on your Volkswagen order letter from Rod McLeod
Happy for this to go on the spreadsheet @utumno
Is there a way to do any more tracking on the order?

I’ve added your details to the spreadsheet. The next thing would be to try to get exactly which status code the vehicle is at - status 10 will have a year & week number and so will status 20. Listers overall seem not to like sharing these dates though, but some here have had success getting those dates.

I personally think you’ll end up with a 23 plate on your Max…
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Meant to add
Dealer also said vw have now stopped order tracking for the dealers now
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Malcster wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:08 pm So just to add

Fingers crossed

Anyway that's reassuring to hear I was concerned my great deal on a family spec when it arrives circa 2050 will be a lot dearer
The grant is cancelled after 9 months not 12?
Was order No 31477
Delivery not now
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Malcster wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:35 pm Meant to add
I asked the latest on mine before I cancelled and was told week 40 still, and I see on another forum a lot of options for other cars have been removed now like IQ lights, beats audio etc on nearly all cars
Was order No 31477
Delivery not now
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

“Don’t call us, we’ll call you”
Tesla Model Y Long Range

iandoublem

Post by iandoublem »

Bubba82 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:42 pm
I asked the latest on mine before I cancelled and was told week 40 still, and I see on another forum a lot of options for other cars have been removed now like IQ lights, beats audio etc on nearly all cars

That’s interesting to hear: Peugeot did the same last year and obviously Polestar have done likewise-I wonder where we’d stand with our existing orders? I presume they’d have to include the things that were on the trim when we ordered, but I’ve no idea how that could be done on a production line that was set up to NOT have these features.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Utumno wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:59 am
rikimaru wrote: Fri Mar 18, 2022 1:59 pm Based on those replies to my question, I'm sensing some genuine concerns (build quality and looks) but also a bit of hostility in here towards Tesla :roll:

Anyways, I'm considering my options and the Polestar 2 does have a much better PCP option compared with the Model 3, making it more accessible.

Would love to have a brief comparison between the ID3 and Polestar 2, for anyone that's done the comparison already! Particularly interested in practicality for family use.

On the finance front, we're going to be financing the Model Y through a PCP organised via Forza Finance. Mostly because it lopped £100 a month off the Tesla PCP price due to a considerably higher GFV. Obviously your financing position/risk profile is very personal to your own individual circumstances, but Tesla notoriously undervalue GFV's across the board often leading to uncompetitive monthly payments both on PCP and PCH. If you're not put off by the Tesla-bashing an alternative finance quote might help. But as I've said before, the P* is a fine, fine car and we'd likely be in one now if SWMBO hadn't dinged it on height and looks.

My own view on Tesla is that they're fine vehicles, in their own way. You might well disagree with Elon on Twitter, and you might not like the interior for your own (absolutely valid) subjective reasons, and you might not like the subjective look of them, but they remain fine vehicles regardless. Shanghai do a far better better job of assembling them than Fremont as well (Dad's new "made-in-China" M3 is absolutely streets and houses better built than his old 2019 Fremont car ... and my Dad is a car junkie who has never in his entire 80+ year life had two identical cars, let alone back-to-back!)

Yes the Tesla fanbois are irritating, and yes the Cult of Tesla is real ... but you don't have to engage with either of them if you don't want to. I'm not going to when the Y arrives and I'm sure you'll all keep me honest and point out if I start to sound like I've drunk the Kool-Aid 😂
The Model Y is actually the car I’m most likely to go for! Just waiting until they bring the 7 seater option over here.

Will have to give the alternative finance option a look because as you said the PCP on Teslas is not favourable at all. That does go some way to explain why many are going for the Polestar 2, although it is a great car in its own right.

Funny that we’re on the ID3 forums but are discussing other cars. If only VW had got their act together we’d all be talking about their cars!
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Bubba82 wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 5:39 pm
Malcster wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 1:08 pm So just to add

Fingers crossed

The grant is cancelled after 9 months not 12?
There is an expiry on the grant? What does that mean?

If I ordered in September but the car doesn’t arrive until 10 months later, are they going to remove the grant from the price?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

If I ordered in September but the car doesn’t arrive until 10 months later, are they going to remove the grant from the price?
Yes that is correct
We are in uncharted waters with these
No one has had one expire yet
Mine needs to be here before July 2022 to still qualify

Build date for mine is sep 2022
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Malcster wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 7:33 pm

Yes that is correct
We are in uncharted waters with these
No one has had one expire yet
Mine needs to be here before July 2022 to still qualify

Build date for mine is sep 2022
I asked my dealer about it who didn’t know it expired and they asked VW - no answer back and I have asked VW CS who ignored the question
This is one of the other reasons I cancelled…didn’t fancy paying £2.5k extra, rather pay that for a car that is worth £2.5k more
Was order No 31477
Delivery not now
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

rikimaru wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:46 pm Will have to give the alternative finance option a look because as you said the PCP on Teslas is not favourable at all. That does go some way to explain why many are going for the Polestar 2, although it is a great car in its own right.
If it helps as an example, here’s the figures I was quoted from Forza and Tesla’s comparison figures ripped off their website just now. Forza first:
Vehicle Cost £ 54,990.00
Less deposit £ 5,500.00
Payable by 48 monthly payments of £ 621.53
1 Final Payment of £ 27,221.25
Customer PAF
Annual Percentage Rate 4.9%
Guaranteed Future Value * £ 27,221.25
Total Amount Payable £ 62,554.69
* Based on an estimated annual mileage of 12000 miles per annum
* Excess mileage charged at 14.9 pence per mile
Tesla’s own PCP on the same basis would be :
48 fixed monthly payments of £771 | On-the-road cash price £54,990 | Total down payment £5,600 | Total amount of credit £49,390 | Optional Final Payment £19,247 | Interest charges £6,884 | Fixed rate of interest per year 4.90% | Length of agreement 48 months | Total amount payable £61,874 | Representative APR 4.90% | Mileage per annum 12,000 | Excess mileage charge 14 ppm (Plus VAT).
Illustrative figures for sure, but that £150 a month reduction from Forza shows just how Tesla lowball the GFV’s.
Tesla Model Y Long Range