Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

JohnEG wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:46 pm Anyone remember Covid?
Vaguely, but that has nothing to do with the harnesses from Ukraine. It has been mentioned that tours and the max trim from way last years orders are waiting on harnesses for the centre console. VW are bullshitting us and using Ukraine as an excuse for their incompetence.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

JohnEG wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 1:46 pm Anyone remember Covid?

Very clearly, thanks.

But again “Covid” is not an excuse for shit customer service, nor is it a blanket reason for wishing away supply chain problems.

And, frankly, COVID lockdowns happened over a period of years and we still have the same excuses and non-answers.

My core suggestion here is not that VW have any more information to give, particularly. It’s simply that - as a customer - I have no information on the likelihood of delivery at all.

I have literally no clue about what components my vehicle is awaiting, how VW intend to manage that scarce supply and no clue about whether I’m looking at waiting for one component that’s in particularly short supply or whether VW have decided to pause production on an entire trim line even for orders they have previously accepted.

These communication factors have little to do with COVID nor Ukraine, and is just shit customer service. Continually quoting COVID and Ukraine is simply letting these manufacturers continue to bullshit their customers and deliver sun-par experiences.

I don’t expect my car to turn up any quicker than it can, but when you consider it has been in production for 6 months with zero meaningful update, you have to ask yourself what’s actually going on - particularly when I the UK VW have only shipped about 700 of my ordered model which is functionally identical and on the same platform as many ID.4’s. There is a clear production choice by VW here and they have resolutely failed to communicate it.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
turntoport

Post by turntoport »

Utumno; i think we all acknowledge that the re-prioritisation is most likely an outcome of financial management: My guess is that the ID4 carries a better margin than id3's, and vw are trying to preserve cashflow. It also may be that later designs (e.g. id4/5 etc) have greater systems architecture flexibility, so permitting reprogramming and/or replacement of certain on-chip functions with available alternatives. Perhaps us id3 cheapskates (tongue firmly in cheek there) might not be so happy about the situation, but it could be a lot worse if the group actually went belly-up.
It could all get a lot worse if the insane despot in Moscow throws his big toys out the pram....
atb - ttp
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

turntoport wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 2:48 pm Utumno; i think we all acknowledge that the re-prioritisation is most likely an outcome of financial management: My guess is that the ID4 carries a better margin than id3's, and vw are trying to preserve cashflow. It also may be that later designs (e.g. id4/5 etc) have greater systems architecture flexibility, so permitting reprogramming and/or replacement of certain on-chip functions with available alternatives. Perhaps us id3 cheapskates (tongue firmly in cheek there) might not be so happy about the situation, but it could be a lot worse if the group actually went belly-up.
It could all get a lot worse if the insane despot in Moscow throws his big toys out the pram....
atb - ttp

Totally, I get it.

But it’s shit customer service not to say so to their customers.

And frankly while the group going belly up would indeed be a disaster commercially that would be felt all across the supply chain it wouldn’t make the slightest bit of difference to the delivery of our vehicle, nor the level of customer service being given. On the contrary, I’d be able to plan with confidence knowing our vehicle wasn’t going to arrive, so the group going belly up would be a (selfish!) positive!!

I have a particular irritation point with companies blaming COVID (or Brexit, or the price or cheese, or a passing flock of unladen swallows for that matter) for their inability to adapt and be customer-centric, and simply blame external factors year on year. I know somethings take longer than others, but the. Lancet excuse irritates me beyond belief, and today I seem to be more easily irritated than usual.

Good job 🍒 isn’t around or it might all have gone even wronger! Sorry for forum joiners since 🍒-gate, bit of an old forum in-joke there 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Uphamid3

Post by Uphamid3 »

I had the letter from VW in the post this morning - it was just the same letter the dealer e-mailed to in pdf format a couple of weeks ago, but a printed and posted copy this time. I'm deeply flattered, and it's nice to know VW obviously feel that I'm worth the 68p postage.
Malcster

Post by Malcster »

Clarification on price protection and £2500 would have appeased me completely but no
"It's covids fault we dropped the ball and cancelled our chip allocation only to realise.folks had nothing better to do during lockdowns and but cars

It's the Ukraine's fault all our eggs are in 1 basket and not having a back up supplier
Family pro
Derry alloys
Infotainment plus
Stonewashed
Order no 3150@@@@
Order date 17/10/2021
Build date
Delivery date
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

Utumno wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:03 pmGood job 🍒 isn’t around or it might all have gone even wronger! Sorry for forum joiners since 🍒-gate, bit of an old forum in-joke there 😂
Dark times indeed. We dare not speak his name.

Even uttering the emoji three times is dodgy ground.

Like Candyman or Beetlejuice.
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

I'm with you Utumno - whilst VW have surely had some bad luck, the way they've handled customer communication is appalling. I placed an order in September and am still at status 00, so fully expect to wait another year. I have no idea when I'll get the car, no idea if the £2,500 grant will still apply at some random point in the future when my car does appear and no idea if VW will stick to price guarantees for another year. I too had the letter in the post from VW, but it's complete rubbish. If they wanted to do the right thing, they could have stated in the letter that they commit to deliver my car at the agreed price. They chose not to do that, leaving all my questions in the air, unanswered. I'm deeply unimpressed. Now I have the letter from the MD of VW UK, he will be receiving a letter from me in response. I doubt I'll get a reply, but it's worth a try. I once wrote to Jaguar to complain that my car had had so many things go wrong with it that I'd lost confidence in it. They replied by giving me a free 4th year of warranty, during which time I had the automatic gearbox replaced because it failed - that letter turned out to be worth about £5k!
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
jimbaxter

Post by jimbaxter »

I agree that the pandemic and war are both reasons for the delay but that does not excuse the lack of communication, even if the status is not changing you can still give the current and moving expected delivery date once a month and then the customers can plan around it.

The number of people on here who's first build update seems to be that it has arrived in the UK is unhelpful and could cost customers money on unnecessary car leasing.
13th Jan: Ordered ID3 Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey.
Order #315109xx
ETA 01/2023 (Car part of pre-orders from Oct 2021)

Last update 19th Aug: Build Week 49/2022
Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

Good old vw dammed if don’t and dammed if they do
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

duncsand wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 5:09 pm I'm with you Utumno - whilst VW have surely had some bad luck, the way they've handled customer communication is appalling. I placed an order in September and am still at status 00, so fully expect to wait another year. I have no idea when I'll get the car, no idea if the £2,500 grant will still apply at some random point in the future when my car does appear and no idea if VW will stick to price guarantees for another year. I too had the letter in the post from VW, but it's complete rubbish. If they wanted to do the right thing, they could have stated in the letter that they commit to deliver my car at the agreed price. They chose not to do that, leaving all my questions in the air, unanswered. I'm deeply unimpressed. Now I have the letter from the MD of VW UK, he will be receiving a letter from me in response. I doubt I'll get a reply, but it's worth a try. I once wrote to Jaguar to complain that my car had had so many things go wrong with it that I'd lost confidence in it. They replied by giving me a free 4th year of warranty, during which time I had the automatic gearbox replaced because it failed - that letter turned out to be worth about £5k!
When was your last update from VW about order status??
That’s just piss poor for a September order. I ordered a month after you and I’m in the same position.
No clarification on the grant or car price!
Surely they must honour the agreement???
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

jimbaxter wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:00 pm I agree that the pandemic and war are both reasons for the delay but that does not excuse the lack of communication, even if the status is not changing you can still give the current and moving expected delivery date once a month and then the customers can plan around it.

The number of people on here who's first build update seems to be that it has arrived in the UK is unhelpful and could cost customers money on unnecessary car leasing.
Agree that first build update being that it’s arrived in the U.K. is not helpful. For me, my existing car is 3 years old end of April and I’m about to spend money on MOT, tyres and running without a warranty. Ordered 15 August, originally expected February or March, now confirmed build week 12 (last week?). I’m now assuming delivery 1-2 months time (?)
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

tomstring wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:38 pm
jimbaxter wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:00 pm I agree that the pandemic and war are both reasons for the delay but that does not excuse the lack of communication, even if the status is not changing you can still give the current and moving expected delivery date once a month and then the customers can plan around it.

Agree that first build update being that it’s arrived in the U.K. is not helpful. For me, my existing car is 3 years old end of April and I’m about to spend money on MOT, tyres and running without a warranty. Ordered 15 August, originally expected February or March, now confirmed build week 12 (last week?). I’m now assuming delivery 1-2 months time (?)
I think you should be assuming delivery in not less than 12 weeks time, not 1-2 months. The time to assume 1-2 months is when the car has been confirmed as built and is on the way, and cars are typically taking about 8 weeks minimum in build. And that’s without adding Ukraine into the picture.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Rasib

Post by Rasib »

Latest update: Finally my ID3 will be delivered next week 😀.
Hopefully this is my last trip to petrol station ⛽️!

20220326_173222.jpg

150kw Life Pro Performance l Glacier white
Vw order number: 314000**
Ordered on 11/01/2022
Delivered end of March 2022
7.4kw/h Ohme charger

☆☆Octopus referral☆☆
https://share.octopus.energy/soft-pup-288
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Utumno wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:58 pm
tomstring wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:38 pm

I think you should be assuming delivery in not less than 12 weeks time, not 1-2 months. The time to assume 1-2 months is when the car has been confirmed as built and is on the way, and cars are typically taking about 8 weeks minimum in build. And that’s without adding Ukraine into the picture.
Thanks I’m sure you’re right I’ve already assumed I won’t have my ID3 in time for my continental trip end of June. Onwards & upwards
Joule58kW

Post by Joule58kW »

Evening, just quick hello. Will add details in the next few days.
Life Pro Performance 58kW Makena Turquoise.
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Rasib wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:05 pm Latest update: Finally my ID3 will be delivered next week 😀.
You’ve done well for a January order! Excellent that, the order number is way before my October order
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Jack1338

Post by Jack1338 »

Utumno wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 3:03 pm Good job 🍒 isn’t around or it might all have gone even wronger! Sorry for forum joiners since 🍒-gate, bit of an old forum in-joke there 😂
Just had to jump in as this gave me a good giggle - "cherry-gate" :lol:
Rasib

Post by Rasib »

ag-indie wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:01 pm
Rasib wrote: Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:05 pm Latest update: Finally my ID3 will be delivered next week 😀.
You’ve done well for a January order! Excellent that, the order number is way before my October order
I managed to get one of July 2021 cancelled order.
I hope you get your soon 👍🏻
150kw Life Pro Performance l Glacier white
Vw order number: 314000**
Ordered on 11/01/2022
Delivered end of March 2022
7.4kw/h Ohme charger

☆☆Octopus referral☆☆
https://share.octopus.energy/soft-pup-288
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Excellent for you! What model did you go for & put some pics up please 👌👍