Not connecting to internet

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

Not letting me connect to internet, when i go into settings it won’t slide across to connect!

6C1E60D1-0810-45A5-BF3E-9C072FADB757.jpeg

03A04F3F-B8E0-4734-952A-DB9ABDBCEA95.jpeg

2AE1F2DB-3914-423A-A00F-F0F1A28A08BC.jpeg

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Happens from time to time, you can wait it out (my preference) or try playing with fuses (can lead to other problems if you are not careful).
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Had the same thng since eysterday - does happen occasionally - good advice from previous poster G43FAN - you can wait a couple of days and it usually resolves or you can remove the fuse ( i was too scared too LOL) or you can live chat with VW who can do server things behind the scenes - had to do that when the last time mine went over 4 days and it ultimately resolved.

Was a wierd thing though and I almost accused the car of voodoo as I was only saying (honestly) on Sunday how it hadnt done the no connection thing for a couple of months ,said to Mrs Billybobb just the same and she said dont tempt fate ....monday morning no net!

LOL
Sdeel7491

Post by Sdeel7491 »

Back working fine now 🤷
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

is anyone else having issues? i’m still offline since sunday - VW customer services are unhelpful as in the we connect team are very busy and rerouting calls to the general CS team who have twice said to give it time or take it to the dealer

just wondered if it is mine or is there a wider server/service

anyone experiencing the same?

thanks in advance
itsjon

Post by itsjon »

its happened twice to me... once on the move and once overnight parked.

customer service reset it over the air both times..

hopefully the new software updates will sort the problem this summer
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

This happens all the time.
Easiest solution is to remove the third 5amp fuse in the second column of the fuse box in the glove box.
Lock the car, wait ten minutes, reinsert it it lock the car wait another ten minutes. All will then work. One word of caution learnt from experimce. Do not remove the fuse then sit in the drivers seat or drive the car. If you do that you will have error messages that you cannot remove with out a dealer trip
darcy67

Post by darcy67 »

Funnily enough mine has started doing that this week also. Not too sure how to remove the cover for the fuse panel otherwise I'd do that.
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

simonmaskell wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:43 am This happens all the time.
Easiest solution is to remove the third 5amp fuse in the second column of the fuse box in the glove box.
Lock the car, wait ten minutes, reinsert it it lock the car wait another ten minutes. All will then work. One word of caution learnt from experimce. Do not remove the fuse then sit in the drivers seat or drive the car. If you do that you will have error messages that you cannot remove with out a dealer trip
worked like a charm - after being given a massive run around by VW customer services and not being able to book the car in for 6 weeks - followed your steps ! brilliant! thanks so much
Cirrusdancer

Post by Cirrusdancer »

Thanks for that very useful tip simonmaskell, worked for me when I got impatient after 5 days of the car being offline.
I've attached a couple of pictures to clarify how to get at the fusebox and which fuse to remove.
Unless you've got very thin fingers you'll need a pair of tweezers or pointed nose pliers.

ID.3 fusebox cover.JPG

ID.3 fusebox.JPG

DSB18

Post by DSB18 »

Thats interesting, I have had to do this about 3 times since I have owned the car but I always remove the 5th fuse down, number 19.
It always works, wonder why both the 3rd and 5th work.
ID.3 Makena turquoise Business Pro
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Cirrusdancer wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:31 pm Thanks for that very useful tip simonmaskell, worked for me when I got impatient after 5 days of the car being offline.
I've attached a couple of pictures to clarify how to get at the fusebox and which fuse to remove.
Unless you've got very thin fingers you'll need a pair of tweezers or pointed nose pliers.
There is a plastic fuse removal tool in the fuse box under the bonnet. Mine now lives in the glovebox. Had to do fuse19 tonight (though only second time in 13k miles)
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

DSB18 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 3:49 pm
Thats interesting, I have had to do this about 3 times since I have owned the car but I always remove the 5th fuse down, number 19.
It always works, wonder why both the 3rd and 5th work.
SLOT 19 is the 5th one down and that is correct in the picture above, if you are removing the 5th 'Fuse' down that is Slot 21 (F21).
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=253&p=4742&hilit=fuse+19#p4742

Fuse19.PNG

Kirkbysteve

Post by Kirkbysteve »

Now had two days of failing to connect. Thanks for the helpful posts on the Forum. Think I will adopt the wait and see method before trying the fuse box trick.
This is the first time this has happened in 16 months of ownership.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I went a good 10 months with no issues, then since the beginning of the year it's up and down like a yo yo.. It went offline about 10 days ago, then came back online on Monday this week, and is offline again today.