Cars Ordered in Late '21 - will They Get MY22.5?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
owlservice

Post by owlservice »

Morning all,

Quick question.

I wondered if MAX ID3 ordered in October '21 would likely get the MY22.5 update, when they are eventually built and rolled out, hopefully, later this year? My order number starts with a 315xxx.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

What VW said at the time was that cars built after build week 51 (2021), which I think covers everyone left now whose car is not yet already in build, will get the cosmetic upgrades (basically just a new seat as far as I can tell) and a winter mode button. If you ordered after early December 2021 they said you would get the extra functions like park assist and software 3.0 from the factory. All of this subject to your car being the right spec of course.
There is nothing yet to say the above has changed.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:35 am What VW said at the time was that cars built after build week 51 (2021), which I think covers everyone left now whose car is not yet already in build, will get the cosmetic upgrades (basically just a new seat as far as I can tell) and a winter mode button. If you ordered after early December 2021 they said you would get the extra functions like park assist and software 3.0 from the factory. All of this subject to your car being the right spec of course.
I get that they don't want to give park assist to people who didn't pay more, but it seems not for not everyone to get 3.0 when presumably everyone will be entitled to the software update eventually?
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Turquoise wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:42 am
sidehaas wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:35 am What VW said at the time was that cars built after build week 51 (2021), which I think covers everyone left now whose car is not yet already in build, will get the cosmetic upgrades (basically just a new seat as far as I can tell) and a winter mode button. If you ordered after early December 2021 they said you would get the extra functions like park assist and software 3.0 from the factory. All of this subject to your car being the right spec of course.
I get that they don't want to give park assist to people who didn't pay more, but it seems not for not everyone to get 3.0 when presumably everyone will be entitled to the software update eventually?
I would agree it seems likely that they would put 3.0 on all newly built cars once they start deploying it. Otherwise is creating more work for the dealer network. However there might be complications if some cars are waiting around part-built with the older 12V battery?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Is there really a ‘winter mode button’?
Can’t recall seeing that anywhere. There is just a tweak to the automatic BMS temperature settings isn’t there, with a stepping algorithm.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

owlservice wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 6:25 am Morning all,

Quick question.

I wondered if MAX ID3 ordered in October '21 would likely get the MY22.5 update, when they are eventually built and rolled out, hopefully, later this year? My order number starts with a 315xxx.

I’m expecting anyone with a confirmed build week of 51/2021 to have an MY22.5 vehicle based on VW’s communication last year.

Note however that we haven’t seen one of those get delivered yet - I think @more11o’s vehicle is the first. Even @Mrchrispullen’s vehicle is a week 49/2021 vehicle.

PS in a previous post you said your order number was 31388535 - have you been re-allocated a different car given your current post is quoting a 315xxxxx order number?
Last edited by Utumno on Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

I think model year MY23 is a distinct possibility at this stage. Get you orders in now for the 2024 facelift model!
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

OB1CCFC wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:31 am
Can’t recall seeing that anywhere. There is just a tweak to the automatic BMS temperature settings isn’t there, with a stepping algorithm.
I thought a button was implied by the VW comms but I haven't seen any pictures. It could have been a translation thing.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:11 am
I thought a button was implied by the VW comms but I haven't seen any pictures. It could have been a translation thing.
Don't recall anyhing implying a button, can't see where they would add one unless they mean a software button. Also aren't there recently deliviered cars on 2.3 that have the Winter firmware modifications? (assuming you mean battery warning settings)
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

On the infotainment in vehicle settings in 3.0 there is esp off option for winter driving.
SwissBlue

Post by SwissBlue »

ID3 Pro Tour S
Ordered 1 Nov 2021
Build estimate 8 Aug 2022
Delivery 8 Sept/8 Oct 2022

Should have bought the 2nd hand Tesla!!!!
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

G43FAN wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:15 am
sidehaas wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 8:11 am

Don't recall anyhing implying a button, can't see where they would add one unless they mean a software button. Also aren't there recently deliviered cars on 2.3 that have the Winter firmware modifications? (assuming you mean battery warning settings)
I traced what I remembered to something discussed in a thread in November, which said "traction control on/off button for winter driving". I suppose this could mean a software function if the translation wasn't great. Hopefully we'll get it in existing cars... but not getting my hopes up.
I'm not aware of any recent cars with battery temperature warnings like are proposed for 3.0. mine (built Nov/Dec, delivered Jan) doesn't heat the battery in an obvious way upon cold start so I assume it has the new logic for battery heating, but otherwise I believe it's identical to older cars.
On a tangent, I have been put off 3.0 by BL's most recent video where he said the software wouldn't let you zoom on the map while driving :cry: I really hope that's not true.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Ah ok. Esp related. Makes sense if they do it.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

OB1CCFC wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:05 am Ah ok. Esp related. Makes sense if they do it.

There were reports of a physical button being added as well, to the cluster of buttons to the left of the steering wheel. Pre MY22.5 vehicles would be limited to the software button on the infotainment, MY22.5 could use either the software or hardware button.
Tesla Model Y Long Range

owlservice

Post by owlservice »

Hi there,

I currently have a Family Pro Performance as an intermediate car while I wait for my Max Pro Performance. The dealer said my current order for the max is on that 315 order number.
Utumno wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:50 am

Quick question.

I’m expecting anyone with a confirmed build week of 51/2021 to have an MY22.5 vehicle based on VW’s communication last year.

Note however that we haven’t seen one of those get delivered yet - I think @more11o’s vehicle is the first. Even @Mrchrispullen’s vehicle is a week 49/2021 vehicle.

PS in a previous post you said your order number was 31388535 - have you been re-allocated a different car given your current post is quoting a 315xxxxx order number?
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

owlservice wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:28 am Hi there,

I currently have a Family Pro Performance as an intermediate car while I wait for my Max Pro Performance. The dealer said my current order for the max is on that 315 order number.

Quick question.

Thanks, I think I followed. I've updated the spreddie to show the 315x order number against your Max, and have put the 313x order number (which I assumed was for the Family you're driving in the interim) in the notes just in case.

As to a 315x Max - I think if you haven't got a confirmed build week at all then you can reasonably expect the MY22.5 specification to get delivered. I think everyone with a build week before 51/2021 will get an MY22 though (including our Tour order, even though it probably won't arrive this year if it arrives at all)
Tesla Model Y Long Range

owlservice

Post by owlservice »

Sorry, I'm mucking you around. Apologies. My max order number is 31388535. I got totally confused!
Utumno wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 10:29 am
owlservice wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:28 am Hi there,

Thanks, I think I followed. I've updated the spreddie to show the 315x order number against your Max, and have put the 313x order number (which I assumed was for the Family you're driving in the interim) in the notes just in case.

As to a 315x Max - I think if you haven't got a confirmed build week at all then you can reasonably expect the MY22.5 specification to get delivered. I think everyone with a build week before 51/2021 will get an MY22 though (including our Tour order, even though it probably won't arrive this year if it arrives at all)
slef2003

Post by slef2003 »

At the current speed (no speed) of production I am wondering if my Tour will be a 23.5Model!
20.08.21 Order Tour Pro S Bog Standard Robinsons VW Lowestoft
Order Number 31435***
16.02.22 Given Build Week 37
29.05.22 Given Build Week 34
02.07.22 Given Build Week 36!
12.08.22 Given Build Week 48!
02.23 confirmed build week 09
Collection 28.04.23
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Quick question.

Wow, so even though Mrchrispullen's vehicle left the factory in April, it was still a MY 22 build car? Must be a logistics nightmare for VW to work towards multiple specs of the same trim on the same line.

Definitely hope these cars haven't been partly built and sitting in some warehouse for months.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

rikimaru wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:43 pm Definitely hope these cars haven't been partly built and sitting in some warehouse for months.

No, they've probably been sitting in a field .... :(
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White