Summer Range

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

We have the long term at around 11000 miles and 14 months or so without a reset. Sitting at 3.4 at the moment over that period.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

monkeyhanger wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 8:41 am
Most VWs reset long term on time rather than mileage - 100 operational hours. This has been the case for every VW I've had since 2007 (8 of them). Haven't checked what the ID3 does, but I'd expect it to be the same.
I think the above data refers to Trip1 and Trip2 and yes tradiotionally it was 100 hours or 10k miles (maybe kms actually). I don't recall the resets happening in either my Tiguan or Golf both (MY17) it certainly happened on previous cars with much more limited info. I will check the Golf later as I know my Wife won't have reset it manually and that will definetly have clocked above those figures.

The ID.3 though appears to have inherited nothing that was good and wholesome from previous iterations, not even the Connect app which actually works in it's ICE car incarnation. It feels like VW threw out everything except the concepts and started again with the ID, including the experienced personnel which has led to this scrabbling about in the dark making promises that won't be kept. It's almost like they didn't expect it to sell.
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Charged last night to 79% and its showing 222 miles giving a range of 281 on a full charge , checked in dictionary and under optimistic its definition is the VW guessometer 🤣🤣
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw