All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

A first look at Software 3.1 from Battery Life

Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus

OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Saw that. Some welcome additions.
Shame the map doesn’t show charging points clearly and consistently. Same with the WeConnectWeCharge app maps.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

The trip info in the driver display is great. I hope there’s more contextual information displayed there as well (for example when something changes in the car).

The charging map is a bit hit and miss and the games are nice but feel like the free games you’d get on Windows XP or a pre-2007 feature phone.

Still, this suggests they’re not slowing down with the updates which is nice.

Any idea what the processor inside the car is? Are we looking at a mobile chip that’s at least comparable with a phone released in the past 10 years or something older?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

rikimaru wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:02 pm
Shame they have no way of getting the updates out to existing cars.. 3.1 or 7.1 it's no good with the current update regieme
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

G43FAN wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:23 pm
Shame they have no way of getting the updates out to existing cars.. 3.1 or 7.1 it's no good with the current update regieme
I have decided that the reason for the 2.4/3.0 delay is so we skip directly to 3.1

Please leave me alone in my own happy world.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Anduain wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:26 pm
G43FAN wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:23 pm
I have decided that the reason for the 2.4/3.0 delay is so we skip directly to 3.1

Please leave me alone in my own happy world.
Sounds good to me..
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

The German forums have been saying for some time that 3.0 is full of bugs and they need to move people to 3.1.
Maybe that’s why we are still seeing delays.
I for one would rather stay with a stable 2.3 then go into a new VW bugworld dystopia…
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

Youtube and netflix would be great to have apps, chance to watch a tv show whist waiting dor a charge to complete makes perfect sense.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

MattgID3 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:19 pm Youtube and netflix would be great to have apps, chance to watch a tv show whist waiting dor a charge to complete makes perfect sense.

Heh I suspect there'd be a lot more moaning about the 10" screen if Netflix or Youtube were available as apps on the infotainment!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Utumno wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:34 pm
MattgID3 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:19 pm Youtube and netflix would be great to have apps, chance to watch a tv show whist waiting dor a charge to complete makes perfect sense.

Heh I suspect there'd be a lot more moaning about the 10" screen if Netflix or Youtube were available as apps on the infotainment!
It's even smaller than that, given some part of the screen is used for information. Because people really need to know exactly what setting the seat heater is on at all times :roll:
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

rikimaru wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:01 pm

It's even smaller than that, given some part of the screen is used for information. Because people really need to know exactly what setting the seat heater is on at all times :roll:
You might be surprised how many times I've gone to turn the steering wheel heater and my seat heater at the same time, turned on the passenger seat by mistake and then not realised for god knows how long until later in the journey when I suddenly noticed my seat heater indicator wasn't lit up :?
In all seriousness I think it's a pretty good size for driving with, given its general design. 12 inch would be fine but I wouldn't want anything bigger unless it was more integrated on to the dash and redesigned so it didn't feel intrusive. The current size is easily big enough for reading and using the infotainment functions.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

sidehaas wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:47 pm

You might be surprised how many times I've gone to turn the steering wheel heater and my seat heater at the same time, turned on the passenger seat by mistake and then not realised for god knows how long until later in the journey when I suddenly noticed my seat heater indicator wasn't lit up :?
In all seriousness I think it's a pretty good size for driving with, given its general design. 12 inch would be fine but I wouldn't want anything bigger unless it was more integrated on to the dash and redesigned so it didn't feel intrusive. The current size is easily big enough for reading and using the infotainment functions.
I would've preferred a 12 inch screen with a layout similar to the Enyaq where the system controls are in a horizontal bar at the bottom of the screen. At least then you'd have the full width of the screen and it works regardless of which side the steering wheel is on.

It's clear the UK was an afterthought for VW and this is evident in the position of the light controls, wiper direction and the software layout (easy to fix).
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

rikimaru wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:24 pm
sidehaas wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:47 pm

I would've preferred a 12 inch screen with a layout similar to the Enyaq where the system controls are in a horizontal bar at the bottom of the screen. At least then you'd have the full width of the screen and it works regardless of which side the steering wheel is on.

It's clear the UK was an afterthought for VW and this is evident in the position of the light controls, wiper direction and the software layout (easy to fix).
I don't think the software layout is any better or worse for right hand drive. Totally agree about the wipers and light controls; also the glovebox. Interestingly they did put the bonnet release catch by the driver though. In my Skoda they put it on the passenger side which is quite annoying.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

It would be nice if they moved the heated steering wheel button to the right hand side of the screen rather than having it on the passenger side. While they were at it on such a big screen it would be nice to have buttons for off, 1, 2 and 3 for the steering wheel and heated seats rather than trying to find a small button and press it multiple times to get to your preferred setting.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Big277wave wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 7:41 am It would be nice if they moved the heated steering wheel button to the right hand side of the screen rather than having it on the passenger side. While they were at it on such a big screen it would be nice to have buttons for off, 1, 2 and 3 for the steering wheel and heated seats rather than trying to find a small button and press it multiple times to get to your preferred setting.
You can use the pull down menu for the steering wheel if it's easier?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

How does this make sense? There are multiple other devices that are better for this. VW need to concentrate on the software elements that make it a useable car, not turn it into a giant smart phone.

If anything those things should be accessed via Android Auto or Carplay anyway.
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

Genuine question - who wants games in their car? Certainly not me but maybe I am a minority. I can't believe VW have prioritised this. The rest of the update looks quite nice - mostly how they should have done it to begin with but better late than never. Not convinced I will ever see any of it in my Dec 20 First Edition though...
Last edited by Sherlock on Fri May 13, 2022 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 314

Post by Deleted User 314 »

I don’t think any of us will see it. Their track record thus far is quite the embarrassment.
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

G43FAN wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:17 am
How does this make sense? There are multiple other devices that are better for this. VW need to concentrate on the software elements that make it a useable car, not turn it into a giant smart phone.

I can't see anything wrong with wanting those apps on the car and it looks like VW are expanding the store based on the video. Tesla has video apps and not many complaints from Tesla owners. I get that Tesla has the bigger screen but for me it would be great to be able to watch something whist sat waiting for the car to charge rather than the boring games on offer. I thought the apps would be separate to the main vw OS and accessed via the store. I agree that it would be great via Android auto or car play but can't image apple or Google ever doing this.
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

G43FAN wrote: Thu May 12, 2022 9:17 am

I’m with Matt. I’d happily have Netflix etc on the ID3 to watch whilst charging. Yeah there are other devices but my phone screen is smaller and I’m not going to carry around a tablet.

Also other manufacturers do far less with their updates so at least VW are trying.