Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

aniketsantani wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 2:37 pm Delivery Update

For people waiting on their Max from Plan Car Leasing, i have been told car is on the ground with the dealer. I have been given 26th as the date for delivery (some 14 day cooling off is applicable?). I finally cancelled my Family Order that has no build week yet..
That’s great! Quite likely all of our Max/Tours are in the same batch then. 26th is awesome.

What’s the cooling off about?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!

Timbit33

Post by Timbit33 »

I fully understand Utumno. I have almost cancelled a few times and I would have done if I had found an alternative.
But I finally got an email this evening to tell me my car is fully built and at the port awaiting a ship with an updated ETA of 03/06/22.
furtive

Post by furtive »

rikimaru wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 4:35 pm

For people waiting on their Max from Plan Car Leasing, i have been told car is on the ground with the dealer. I have been given 26th as the date for delivery (some 14 day cooling off is applicable?). I finally cancelled my Family Order that has no build week yet..
That’s great! Quite likely all of our Max/Tours are in the same batch then. 26th is awesome.

I think they won't release the vehicle until 14 days after you have signed the finance agreement in case you change your mind during the cooling off period, as you can return the car without penalty during this period.
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

furtive wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:40 pm

I think they won't release the vehicle until 14 days after you have signed the finance agreement in case you change your mind during the cooling off period, as you can return the car without penalty during this period.
Yup, exactly that. I picked up a fuss with them about this as it is no where mentioned that they cannot deliver within the cooling off. They mentioned that if they do deliver and for whatever reason I cancel the order (not sure why I would do that after waiting 6 months for it), it would now be a used car and they would not be able to lease it out as a "new" car. So, car is just gonna sit with dealer for further 14 days.

I couldn't find anywhere on the internet that its a common practice to do that, but they mentioned it as "matter of fact"! I don't know if anyone else has ever heard about this?
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

That’s odd. You’d think a cooling off period would benefit a customer not penalise them in any way.

I don’t know about others but Tesla at least offer some cooling off period where if you’re not happy you can return the car.
Dbaron

Post by Dbaron »

OB1CCFC wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:55 pm I can fully understand people moving on from
VW after being messed around for many many months and then not caring. They really don’t.

I would again flag a concern about Tesla.
Elon Musk is already shaping Twitter up into something that is going to be hugely problematic. Trump is being allowed back on and masses of far right lunatics will be unleashed to run amok, causing major issues around ‘hate’, harassment and defamation in the UK I suspect.
This will wash into sigbificant negativity to Musk and I suspect to Tesla.
At least something to bear in mind.
Nah it's only the vocal lefties (woke) that think this is bad. The silent majority will support free speech.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

I’m gonna suggest people don’t bring politics into an already frustrating conversation about vehicle delivery times, please.

Back on topic, I’ve heard that the Max is now with the dealer. Waiting for more details on when I can have it delivered.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

rikimaru wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:02 pm I’m gonna suggest people don’t bring politics into an already frustrating conversation about vehicle delivery times, please.

Back on topic, I’ve heard that the Max is now with the dealer. Waiting for more details on when I can have it delivered.

Well said. Spreadsheet updated; I've promoted a few obvious candidates to the "Delivered" tab. I don't think even VW can muck up a PDI and a collection now for you @rikimaru 😂
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

aniketsantani wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:05 pm
furtive wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:40 pm

Yup, exactly that. I picked up a fuss with them about this as it is no where mentioned that they cannot deliver within the cooling off. They mentioned that if they do deliver and for whatever reason I cancel the order (not sure why I would do that after waiting 6 months for it), it would now be a used car and they would not be able to lease it out as a "new" car. So, car is just gonna sit with dealer for further 14 days.

I couldn't find anywhere on the internet that its a common practice to do that, but they mentioned it as "matter of fact"! I don't know if anyone else has ever heard about this?

This is perfectly normal, and there's a good write-up and explanation at https://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts. ... -explained

It's a finance cooling off period, specifically designed to prevent you from taking delivery, immediately cancelling the finance and then driving around in a free car for 2 weeks racking up incredimiles. You'd think nobody would do this, but it's happened !
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Timbit33 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:11 pm I fully understand Utumno. I have almost cancelled a few times and I would have done if I had found an alternative.
But I finally got an email this evening to tell me my car is fully built and at the port awaiting a ship with an updated ETA of 03/06/22.

Fantastic, just shows VW just needed to focus on shipping the damn Tours and Maxes. Hope you enjoy the vehicle !
Tesla Model Y Long Range

furtive

Post by furtive »

rikimaru wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:02 pm Back on topic, I’ve heard that the Max is now with the dealer. Waiting for more details on when I can have it delivered.
I've not had a call yet :cry:
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Utumno wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:27 pm
Well said. Spreadsheet updated; I've promoted a few obvious candidates to the "Delivered" tab. I don't think even VW can muck up a PDI and a collection now for you @rikimaru 😂
I wouldn't put it past them, to be honest!
Utumno wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:31 pm
This is perfectly normal, and there's a good write-up and explanation at https://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts. ... -explained

It's a finance cooling off period, specifically designed to prevent you from taking delivery, immediately cancelling the finance and then driving around in a free car for 2 weeks racking up incredimiles. You'd think nobody would do this, but it's happened !
I didn't know about this either. It sounds like a normal thing to do but at the same time it's also a bit ridiculous!

What seems strange is that the leasing company haven't sent across the lease agreement, despite me waiting months for the car. Is that normal?
furtive wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:33 pm
rikimaru wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 7:02 pm Back on topic, I’ve heard that the Max is now with the dealer. Waiting for more details on when I can have it delivered.
I've not had a call yet :cry:
I had to call them myself to get the update. Would suggest you do the same first thing tomorrow!
Braddad9

Post by Braddad9 »

I got an email this morning with all the latest agreements etc and it had the chassis number and ref plate. Got me very excited!
All signed and waiting for VW approval. It seems like my car is now with the dealer and I will be waiting the same 2 weeks as others have stated. Makes sense, but I want it now lmao. At least I can use the full tank in my current car which I filled up yesterday haha!
I will be selling my current car with about a quarter of a tank and no more, petrol isn’t cheap you know! (Not that that will be my problem anymore very soon)
ID3 Max Pro Performance - Scale Silver
Order: 3140****
Original ETA - Late April/Early May
Delivery scheduled - 18 May 2022
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Braddad9 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:00 pm I got an email this morning with all the latest agreements etc and it had the chassis number and ref plate. Got me very excited!
All signed and waiting for VW approval. It seems like my car is now with the dealer and I will be waiting the same 2 weeks as others have stated. Makes sense, but I want it now lmao. At least I can use the full tank in my current car which I filled up yesterday haha!
I will be selling my current car with about a quarter of a tank and no more, petrol isn’t cheap you know! (Not that that will be my problem anymore very soon)
This may be a stupid question but why didn't they send the agreements as soon as the car had left the factory? Then we wouldn't have to wait for this 14 day nonsense, surely.
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

rikimaru wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:02 pm
Braddad9 wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 8:00 pm I got an email this morning with all the latest agreements etc and it had the chassis number and ref plate. Got me very excited!
This may be a stupid question but why didn't they send the agreements as soon as the car had left the factory? Then we wouldn't have to wait for this 14 day nonsense, surely.
I asked the same question. They mentioned the car isn't registered until it arrives at the dealer. And they can't generate paperwork until that happens. They did mention that it is frustrating for them too as they don't get money until any of this happens.. if you hear it that way, it makes sense. I am in a tricky situation as my current car's MOT and insurance both end on 21st.. will have to get it done, while insurance can be transferred to new car but MOT will be a throwaway 😒
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

Out of interest did you get to choose from a selection of registrations ?
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

aniketsantani wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:28 pm
I asked the same question. They mentioned the car isn't registered until it arrives at the dealer. And they can't generate paperwork until that happens. They did mention that it is frustrating for them too as they don't get money until any of this happens.. if you hear it that way, it makes sense. I am in a tricky situation as my current car's MOT and insurance both end on 21st.. will have to get it done, while insurance can be transferred to new car but MOT will be a throwaway 😒
That’s frustrating. If it had only been a week earlier then you could have avoided that hassle.
tomstring

Post by tomstring »

rikimaru wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 10:29 pm
aniketsantani wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:28 pm

That’s frustrating. If it had only been a week earlier then you could have avoided that hassle.
I’ve just had to MOT my current car as it was 3 years old on 03 May. ID3 allegedly awaiting shipment from Emden as of 27 April.
Braddad9

Post by Braddad9 »

tomstring wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 9:33 pm
Out of interest did you get to choose from a selection of registrations ?
No, the registration was on the paperwork, which is probably why we have to wait until now to sign also.
ID3 Max Pro Performance - Scale Silver
Order: 3140****
Original ETA - Late April/Early May
Delivery scheduled - 18 May 2022
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Dbaron wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 6:39 pm
OB1CCFC wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 3:55 pm I can fully understand people moving on from
VW after being messed around for many many months and then not caring. They really don’t.

I would again flag a concern about Tesla.
Elon Musk is already shaping Twitter up into something that is going to be hugely problematic. Trump is being allowed back on and masses of far right lunatics will be unleashed to run amok, causing major issues around ‘hate’, harassment and defamation in the UK I suspect.
This will wash into sigbificant negativity to Musk and I suspect to Tesla.
At least something to bear in mind.
Nah it's only the vocal lefties (woke) that think this is bad. The silent majority will support free speech.
Awkward :roll:
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten