Who still got software 2.1 in their id3s?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Lowfat

Post by Lowfat »

Hey!

Just wanted to check with you guys about what version u guys have. Feels like im the only one still with 2.1 haha :) No OTA yet for 2.3 for me feel kinda disapointed atm.

rawws

Post by rawws »

Am still on 2.1 never got email to update to 2.3 I have given up at this point
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
Lowfat

Post by Lowfat »

rawws wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:56 am Am still on 2.1 never got email to update to 2.3 I have given up at this point
Atleast Im not alone we sit in the same boat :) I love the car but VW need to work on their communiction with their customers and atleast give us information whats happening.
SinglePointSafety

Post by SinglePointSafety »

Yep, the car managed to get the first part of 2.3 installed a few months ago..... and that was it. Absolutely no hint or sign of installation of the second part. Utterly, totally hopeless support from VW's We Connect team, except to tell me that when my dealer calls the car in for the 2.4 update, they can perform the necessary intermediate update. Perhaps.

And, yes, the car has been used regularly, and it's parked where it can receive at least one bar of 4G signal, so no lame excuses about 'losing connectivity to VW servers'.
id3 Max 2021
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I had part 1 of 2.1 in October. Nothing since. Had lengthy emails with VW about it - waiting until the 2.4 upgrade at the dealer that should fix it all...
Hypercube

Post by Hypercube »

Finally updated to 2.3 over the air!

2.1 was installed in a 3 day dealer visit last year.

Received the 2.3 update invitation email in October 2021 and accepted.

Car several times thereafter attempted the OTA software install but failed each time.

SOS fault entailed a replacement comms module in a 5 day dealer visit in December 2021. They said they would perform the update to 2.3 at the same time. Needless to say they didn’t. I’ve been really surprised by the poor service from VW dealers compared to our experience with BMW

Anyway, about a month ago, various error messages appeared followed by a message to install software update. This appeared to fail.

However, about a week ago, another software install message popped up saying it would take 170 minutes to complete.

Imagine my surprise on checking afterward to find the car was now running software version 2.3. Apparently the update is in two parts (which I’d forgotten after so many months) and the first part had succeeded though how one was to know? The second part completed and lo we are now running 2.3 and can notice the slight feature updates.

So, October to the following May to complete the first OTA update.

I wonder when the dealer might get around to inviting us in for the 2.4 update, once VW release it of course?
Lauriec

Post by Lauriec »

Your not alone, still on 2.1 in my 1st Edition Dec 2020, model. Don’t want to bore everyone, just to say once dealer and VW got into an argument over why it was not downloading I headed for the hills. Cars fine, drives well, if I hadn’t read this forum I would have been no wiser, so happy to wait and see. Usually change car every 2;3 years so might do that when supply catches up with demand. It has converted me to electric though so some success.
rawws

Post by rawws »

Booked for 2.4 update with dealership on Tuesday
alf20

Post by alf20 »

Still on 2.1 on my ID3 that was produced in 2021.
Yet to receive a mail from VW or the garage (although it was planned for 2Q-2022) ; as OTA updates has been cancelled apparently for 2.1>2.3 , this has to be a service in garage (with 12V battery change at the same time...)
ID3 Pro S (77KWh) 2021
rawws

Post by rawws »

alf20 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 12:28 pm Still on 2.1 on my ID3 that was produced in 2021.
Yet to receive a mail from VW or the garage (although it was planned for 2Q-2022) ; as OTA updates has been cancelled apparently for 2.1>2.3 , this has to be a service in garage (with 12V battery change at the same time...)
I didnt get an email i simply booked online to my local dealership taking it tomorrow hopefully done end of play on Wednesday