Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

rikimaru wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:30 pm Anyone know if there's a way we can set up the We Connect app beforehand? I'm getting a "Something went wrong" error so I guess it's only possible when we have the car...
I'm sure some people have. I tried to do it with the reg and with the vin as it implied in the app you could do that, but it never worked. I got the dealer to do it with me on pickup and he scanned a QR code on the car's infotainment, which worked straight away.
To be honest there's nothing much of interest until you get the car anyway. Top tip when setting up WeConnectID for wecharge ('charging on the go' - make sure you select wechargego (not wechargefree) if wechargego doesn't actually cost you anything for the first year.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.

Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

My advice would be wait until you get the car. My dealer mistakenly told me that a car they had on their forecourt was mine, when mine was a different car. At the time the final part of the process was scanning a kind of QR code that the car generates and shows on it's screen. I tried to set it up using the VIN number of the car I was told would be mine but couldn't complete it as I didn't have access to the screen. When I got my car, the We Connect app wouldn't let me delete the first car and I couldn't start to add my car. VW tech support were no use in deleting the car and re-setting it. Eventually the only way around it was to create another VW account with a different email address and start again.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

furtive wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 4:53 pm Just the standard ones with the black sections from here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284484592238 ... 7Ciid%3A14

Doesn't the car comes with the steel caps already? Interestingly don't see them in the photo.
furtive

Post by furtive »

It comes with plain ones without the dark sections. These ones look so much better
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
slug56

Post by slug56 »

Just got the Max. No extra sensors, no seat memory and 2.3 software...
Max Pro Performance, Glacier White, 18" East Derrys, MY22
aniketsantani

Post by aniketsantani »

slug56 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:43 am Just got the Max. No extra sensors, no seat memory and 2.3 software...
😧.. Was expecting at least the 3.0 software. Did you ask, How can we get it updated to that? And how soon?
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

sidehaas wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:08 am I'm sure some people have. I tried to do it with the reg and with the vin as it implied in the app you could do that, but it never worked. I got the dealer to do it with me on pickup and he scanned a QR code on the car's infotainment, which worked straight away.
To be honest there's nothing much of interest until you get the car anyway. Top tip when setting up WeConnectID for wecharge ('charging on the go' - make sure you select wechargego (not wechargefree) if wechargego doesn't actually cost you anything for the first year.
Big277wave wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:26 am My advice would be wait until you get the car. My dealer mistakenly told me that a car they had on their forecourt was mine, when mine was a different car. At the time the final part of the process was scanning a kind of QR code that the car generates and shows on it's screen. I tried to set it up using the VIN number of the car I was told would be mine but couldn't complete it as I didn't have access to the screen. When I got my car, the We Connect app wouldn't let me delete the first car and I couldn't start to add my car. VW tech support were no use in deleting the car and re-setting it. Eventually the only way around it was to create another VW account with a different email address and start again.
Thanks for the info! I guess I'll just wait until the car is here so I can access that QR code.
slug56 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 8:43 am Just got the Max. No extra sensors, no seat memory and 2.3 software...
Wow. The sensors/memory seats I can live with but to be stuck on 2.3, not even 2.4, and never mind 3.0, is ridiculous. The cars have been sitting there for months and could have been updated at any point. Surely all they need is to be plugged into a magical portable device called a laptop?! Or do only the dealers have access to this fancy equipment?

VW telling us about updates that are months away is one thing, rolling them out in some arcane fashion with seemingly no idea on when or which cars will get it first is another thing, but to have the cars sitting there in their factory and not do anything to update the software is just mind-boggling stupid. Especially given there must be some recently produced cars being updated to 3.0.

It's almost like VW just partly built the cars, had them sitting in some field for months, rolled them back in to fit a final part and just shoved them out of the factory door.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

Congratulations on delivery of your Max.
Unfortunately there are no surprises that it has not come with what you've mentioned.
I believe its is cars with a wk51/21 build onwards that have software 3.0.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

It was reported on Battery Life livestream last night that VW are only managing to turn out 500 ID's a day and they currently have orders exceeding 230000 so that equates to a 460 day wait from ordering.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

...and no surprises.

It's clearly been through once already probably in 2021, then stored and had a component or two retrofitted.

I think you'll only find 3.x software and extra side sensors on vehicles build week 51/2021 and onwards.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
l4oth

Post by l4oth »

I had confirmation today that (as expected with BW 46 2021) my Tour, which is now at the dealers is MY22.

TBH I am just glad it had made it to the dealer.

I have asked about the software version but I have a sneaking suspicion I know what they will say.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Anyways congrats on getting the car and hopefully you'll get 2.4 in the coming weeks :)

Do you have a photo of the car?
Hemming91

Post by Hemming91 »

Trilby wrote: Fri May 13, 2022 5:17 pm Had an update from my dealer…

Current build week is 2022 45 (Original was 2022 43)
Status code 10
Mines a business lease and dealer suggest its normally 4 weeks from build to delivery. So we may just see it this side of 2023, but not holding anything.
Interestingly the screenshot the dealer sent shows MY:22, model:E113MJ Version: 2. Interior trim is shown as TN - I’ve no idea how to decode the model, version or trim codes though!
Your order is at the same dealers as mine. How did you manage to get so much information from them? :lol:
Family Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey - East Derry Alloys
Ordered Confirmed - 26/10/2021
VW Order Number - 31517xxx
Latest status from dealership - Nobody knows!
pcnewtonuk

Post by pcnewtonuk »

sidehaas wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 6:08 am
rikimaru wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:30 pm Anyone know if there's a way we can set up the We Connect app beforehand? I'm getting a "Something went wrong" error so I guess it's only possible when we have the car...
I'm sure some people have. I tried to do it with the reg and with the vin as it implied in the app you could do that, but it never worked. I got the dealer to do it with me on pickup and he scanned a QR code on the car's infotainment, which worked straight away.
I was told it has to come from an invite link from the dealer?
iD.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S in Stonewashed Blue
Ordered 9 Jul 2021
Build week 46
MY22
Delivery May 2022
Podpoint installed Nov 21
pcnewtonuk

Post by pcnewtonuk »

And the final week begins!
I'm due to collect my car on Friday - 10 months and 11 days after ordering!
iD.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S in Stonewashed Blue
Ordered 9 Jul 2021
Build week 46
MY22
Delivery May 2022
Podpoint installed Nov 21
DiskoBill

Post by DiskoBill »

Mine is being delivered on Wednesday, will report if it's MY22 with Software 2.3.
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

DiskoBill wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:53 pm Mine is being delivered on Wednesday, will report if it's MY22 with Software 2.3.
Do you know how yours is getting delivered?
furtive

Post by furtive »

rikimaru wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:02 pm
DiskoBill wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 1:53 pm Mine is being delivered on Wednesday, will report if it's MY22 with Software 2.3.
They are usually driven to you, although I have had one delivered on a Transporter.

I've just booked mine in for delivery on Friday :D

And I've also just received a reply from VW Germany following my email to Dr Stefan Loth that is a day late and a dollar short :D :
We acknowledge receipt of your e-mail dated 12 April 2022 addressed to Dr Stefan Loth. We as the department responsible for customer care related cases have been assigned to respond on his behalf.

First of all, please accept our apologies for getting back to you only now. The reason is that we have investigated your concern internally by consulting our sales departments.

In fact, the situation we are currently experiencing - ongoing effects of the Covid-19 pandemic and now the terrible war in Ukraine - is a hardship for all involved, for our customers, our suppliers and for us manufacturers. Please be informed that all car manufacturers are affected by this situation.

We also request your understanding that we, nowadays, are not in a position to provide dependable answers to your questions regarding the components your Volkswagen ID.3 is still waiting for, as the availability of parts is, if at all, only to a limited extent in our hands. As a result, we cannot provide any information about when your vehicle is expected to be completed.

We are aware that we cannot answer you as expected, which will certainly disappoint you. However, we can assure you that we keep on doing our best to meet our obligations despite all adversities and hope for your understanding during this extraordinary time.

Your Volkswagen team
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

furtive wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:11 pm
rikimaru wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 2:02 pm
They are usually driven to you, although I have had one delivered on a Transporter.

I've just booked mine in for delivery on Friday :D
Not too happy about that if I’ll be honest :roll:
furtive

Post by furtive »

What not happy about me getting mine before you, or with them driving it to you?

I don't have a problem with them driving it to me - it's their car and I'm just leasing it from them. Any mileage they put on it is deducted from your mileage allowance. I've had a car delivered absolutely filthy and when I cleaned it discovered a scratch on the front wing. I phoned the lease company who arranged for it to be fixed and provided me with a courtesy car.
ID.3 Max in Ivory White
Hypervolt charger