Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
slef2003

Post by slef2003 »

Utumno wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 11:49 am
Congrats on getting a delivery date, My Birthday LOL

Please can you change my entry on the Spreadsheet as was today informed by dealer when I popped in as passing that my provisional Build date has been bought forward to week 34 for my vapourware ID3 !

He also told me that the only difference between MY22.5 and MY23 is changing the name of teh Black to Grenadier (or something like that) LOL

Andy
20.08.21 Order Tour Pro S Bog Standard Robinsons VW Lowestoft
Order Number 31435***
16.02.22 Given Build Week 37
29.05.22 Given Build Week 34
02.07.22 Given Build Week 36!
12.08.22 Given Build Week 48!
02.23 confirmed build week 09
Collection 28.04.23

Klaus

Post by Klaus »

andrewparker wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 8:45 am
KlausBarbie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:38 pm Hi everyone. I have just registered my account but browsed the forums as a guest in preparation for my ID3 arriving.

I have an issue with my ID3 order and want to see if anyone has any links/advice to confirm my suspicions.
1. I ordered my ID3 on 30 Sep 2021 and estimated delivery was 31 March 2022. Order number and build week 50 was confirmed
2. My sales agent used to send me a monthly update about my ID3 but suddenly stopped this around Feb 2022. My very rare and polite emails asking for any update went completely unaswered. The last update was in Feb saying the car was built but because of Russia/Ukraine it was missing an electrical harness which are made in Ukraine
3. I had a golf I was trading in (on PCP) and because the ID3 wasn't forthcoming, I decided to buy the golf rather than refinance
4. I complained to VW about the ghosting and they apologised and assigned a new sales agent to me.
5. Here's the strange thing, the sales director in his email today said sorry blah blah, your car still doesn't have a build week and here's your order number. It was a different order number though and doesn't match to all the info I had been told before. He also added that I wouldn't receive the ID3 in the next 12 months

-I suspect they received my ID3 and sold it for quick profit while margins were sky high. Is there a way I can check the status of both order numbers without relying on my sales agent?
Something very dodgy going on there IMO.

How different are the order numbers?
30 Sep 2021 I was given this order number in my confirmation invoice/PDF 824049*
Last week I was given this order number 3148466*

Sadly VW twitter won't tell me the status and have asked I go back to my dealer. I don't trust them and I feel they will just lie
I wish there was another way I could find out what the order numbers say. I just hope the 824049* wasn't delivered and they sold it for ££
Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue, East Derry Alloys
ID3 ordered 30 Sep 2021
Order no 314846**
Build week 50 (2021) -delayed to build week 44 (2022) (Heritage Bristol)
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

KlausBarbie wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 6:45 am
KlausBarbie wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 8:38 pm Hi everyone. I have just registered my account but browsed the forums as a guest in preparation for my ID3 arriving.

I have an issue with my ID3 order and want to see if anyone has any links/advice to confirm my suspicions.
1. I ordered my ID3 on 30 Sep 2021 and estimated delivery was 31 March 2022. Order number and build week 50 was confirmed
2. My sales agent used to send me a monthly update about my ID3 but suddenly stopped this around Feb 2022. My very rare and polite emails asking for any update went completely unaswered. The last update was in Feb saying the car was built but because of Russia/Ukraine it was missing an electrical harness which are made in Ukraine
3. I had a golf I was trading in (on PCP) and because the ID3 wasn't forthcoming, I decided to buy the golf rather than refinance
4. I complained to VW about the ghosting and they apologised and assigned a new sales agent to me.
5. Here's the strange thing, the sales director in his email today said sorry blah blah, your car still doesn't have a build week and here's your order number. It was a different order number though and doesn't match to all the info I had been told before. He also added that I wouldn't receive the ID3 in the next 12 months

-I suspect they received my ID3 and sold it for quick profit while margins were sky high. Is there a way I can check the status of both order numbers without relying on my sales agent?

30 Sep 2021 I was given this order number in my confirmation invoice/PDF 824049*

Sadly VW twitter won't tell me the status and have asked I go back to my dealer. I don't trust them and I feel they will just lie
I wish there was another way I could find out what the order numbers say. I just hope the 824049* wasn't delivered and they sold it for ££
That first order number doesn't look like a vw factory order number so might just be an internal dealership order number.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Yer it is I think. I also had a suix or seven digit number beginning with 8 (dealer) and an eight digit number beginning with 3 (VW factory) - both the same car.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Bubba82

Post by Bubba82 »

Your order number was close’ish to mine and my build week was cancelled too which was week 51 see details below, your dealer was probably telling you lies to keep you happy at the time and actually it’s been pushed back around 35 - 40 weeks and now because of Ukraine who knows….maybe delivery in 2023 now, I did complain to VW and got a generic answer as I felt I got pushed to the back of the queue after the build was cancelled
ID3 family pro in Turquoise with east Derry alloys
Ordered 21/9/2021…..Cancelled 19/3/2022
Was order No 31477
Original Confirmed build week 51 2021
Build week cancelled due to MY update
New build week of 35,36 now 40 2022 status 10
Delivery not now
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

So a 3148 order number does sound like a Sept 2021 order. The number on the confirmation is just the dealer order number, so the two are unrelated.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

SimmoUK wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 1:33 pm Update from the dealer yesterday. Provisional build unchanged at wk 38.

They are confident that the car will be built and delivered before my government grant expires in November this year.

They advised the current stance is that VW will not cover the the extra £2500 if the grant reaches the 12 month expiry date. Its up to the individual vw franchise to decide if they cover all or part of the cost. In Vertu's case that is currently a definite 'No'.

I'm just going to hang in there with fingers crossed that there's no slip in the build date🤞
My Vertu dealer is telling me that the grant and deposit contribution from VW will both be honoured and I am looking at a status 10 for week 38/2022 which will be one year anniversary.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
MLB_ID3

Post by MLB_ID3 »

My order (on 9th October) was on Friday pushed from week 22 to week 38. So, if that is correct then I will be over a year waiting for my ID3 and the grant could be refused? But, thinking about this over the weekend I've decided to not worry about the grant and leave the order open. If at the time the order is finally met they try and push £2500 onto me then I will have a decision to make.

One other reflection of VWs shambolic ordering process. They know other options are limited because of supply chain problems affecting the car industry. VW however are a lot worse. If they had given me much earlier notice of my order being delayed then other options come into play. So it pays off for them to push the build week when it suits them.

So far this year I was told March. Then end of April. Then end of May. Then build week 22 with 4-6 weeks for delivery. Then the week before the estimated build pushed out to week 38 which seems a lot more in line with the other October orders in the spreadsheet.

I think VW know they are in a more challenging position to meet their order (because of the number of models that have launched on this platform) and I'm suspicious that their process for estimating build weeks is almost designed to string you along.

Maybe I'm being cynical but I've decided to make my mind up on this order when it appears and keep looking for other models (I really do like the look of the Renault Megane e-tech). I'm in the fortunate position of having a 2016 Jeep Renegade that only has 23k miles on the clock that I can keep running for another couple of years.

But - VW are not doing themselves any favours when I look at the comments on this thread.

PS. Last week I was booked in to go to a Kia event to look at the new EV Niro (plus the Sportage PHEV and EV6). I couldn't make it and rang the dealership to let them know. I also mentioned it looked like my build week was coming up (30th May - this was before I had a call from the VW dealership on Friday). The salesperson on the phone laughed and said he'd heard about the VW woes from other customers. I joked about maybe booking in again if it slipped again which we both laughed at. Oh well....
Order date: 9th October
Spec: Family Pro Performance Glacier White Andoya Alloys
Original delivery estimates: March, April, May now Autumn
Previous build weeks: 19, 22
Estimated build week: 2022 wk38
** Cancelled **
evfan

Post by evfan »

Max arrived on Friday. MY22 model. Software v2.3.

First impressions: drive is very nice, especially when DCC is set to full comfort. Acceleration (sport mode) is better than I thought it would be.

Couple of annoying things... doors and boot require a good whack for them to close properly. Boot seems to have a mind of its own at the moment, sometimes locked and can't figure out how to unlock it; I'm sure it's something I haven't figured out yet.

Wish the car autolocked the doors when walking away.

Infotainment system is useable, but scrolling through the main menu can lag. Apple CarPlay seems to be okay, but Android Auto touch sensitivity can be hit and miss - press on one icon but it registers a touch somewhere else.
2022 ID.3 Max
:!: InstaVolt - download & get £5 free credit (code: qh46N) https://driver.emsp.instavolt.co.uk/referral/qh46N
:!: BONNET (inc IONITY) - download & get £15 free credit (code: RXRDG)
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

I thought it did do that?

I spoke to my dealer on Friday evening and he confirmed that my car did indeed start production last week. He even suggested June delivery might be on the cards but with the way the reg plates work here, I said I'd prefer we delayed it being registered and picked up until July if it's close to the end of June.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

evfan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:56 am
It should do this as my Tour does and the Max and Tour are very similar in specs.
Have you checked within the settings that it is activated?
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
SimmoUK

Post by SimmoUK »

the.kes wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 8:18 am
My Vertu dealer is telling me that the grant and deposit contribution from VW will both be honoured and I am looking at a status 10 for week 38/2022 which will be one year anniversary.
That's interesting, thanks for that info the.kes.

One would expect consistency across the sane franshise group. That said there seems to be little consistency in any matter regarding ID3 orders other than a general lack of accurate information.

Ideally the government would issue a statement stating the grant will be honoured given its been budgeted for. But I guess there are bigger issues such as families facing fuel poverty which should take priority over my £2500 grant on a £30k + car (first World problems!!)

Hopefully the car will arrive in time, if not I'll have to weigh up the finances/fuel saving etc at that point and see if its do-able.
Life Pro Performance.
Ordered Nov '21. Delivered Feb '23
Zappi 2. Home Solar/battery.
evfan

Post by evfan »

Newfie wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 5:48 pm
evfan wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:56 am
It should do this as my Tour does and the Max and Tour are very similar in specs.
Have you checked within the settings that it is activated?
Any idea what setting it would be? I've had a look around the settings and can't seem to find it.

Reading other threads they mention it autolocks if you unlocked the car but didn't end up opening the door. I've walked away with the key a few times and the doors don't lock.
2022 ID.3 Max
:!: InstaVolt - download & get £5 free credit (code: qh46N) https://driver.emsp.instavolt.co.uk/referral/qh46N
:!: BONNET (inc IONITY) - download & get £15 free credit (code: RXRDG)
mathcrabby

Post by mathcrabby »

Decided to send the monthly email to my dealer and received a pleasant surprise. Car is apparently at UK docks :shock: sadly won't be able to pick it up for a couple of weeks and just after I've shelled out for MOT, new tyres and filled up the tank on my current car :(

Will confirm once received it, but some good news and hopefully an indication that many other cars on here will be coming through.
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

mathcrabby wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 9:13 pm Decided to send the monthly email to my dealer and received a pleasant surprise. Car is apparently at UK docks :shock:
Wow! So it was built and shipped to the UK all within two weeks?! That's crazy fast if that's right.
Ordered October 2021

mathcrabby

Post by mathcrabby »

Just checked the spreadsheet and I think there was some confusion as my last update on 28th March was that it was Status 20 build week 19. So that would be 3 weeks...but still does seem unusually fast. Given the history in this thread, maybe the next update will be that the car no longer exists. Hopefully not, but I'll believe it when I see it!

I have a VIN. Do I dare put it into the WeConnect ID app before getting the car or will something blow up?
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

From what we know, once you get the VIN, that it set. Though some people have said it was easier to wait to add it to the app when you're in front of the car.
Ordered October 2021

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

cornbutter wrote: Sun May 29, 2022 10:25 pm From what we know, once you get the VIN, that it set. Though some people have said it was easier to wait to add it to the app when you're in front of the car.
Yer, my VIN did nothing for the app even with the car sat on the forecourt in front of me, it needed the QR code from the infotainment screen. No harm trying but don't read anything into it if it doesn't work.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

I’ve still no build week from my October order.
I’m still hoping I get it this year, fingers crossed???

Heard a couple of reports of peoples cars just turning up that didn’t have an allocated build week, not sure how true that is?
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
DarrenPotton

Post by DarrenPotton »

In the same boat, ordered October and heard nothing since, no build date or anything.
My existing lease company allowed me to extend lease by six months, that time was up last month, they now want the car back so as from Wednesday I have no car.
Thanks VW. This is my first vw and will be my last, not for the delays but for the total lack of information.