Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

pcnewtonuk wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:37 pm Hi all
Just to say I collected my ID3 Tour Fri 20 May.
Apologies for not updating sooner, but my partner was discharged from hospital that day, and I had a mild heart attack on the Sunday.
All fine with me, but couldn't drive the car! Couldn't make it up - waited 10 months and then couldn't drive!
From when I could drive, it is amazing! Love it!
Best of luck with the delivery for everyone else!
Hope the shock of the car finally arriving didnt contribute! :D
Glad you're OK - and have the car now.

Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Apologies for not updating sooner, but my partner was discharged from hospital that day, and I had a mild heart attack on the Sunday.
All fine with me, but couldn't drive the car! Couldn't make it up - waited 10 months and then couldn't drive!

Hope you both recover fully and quickly!
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
dsmith

Post by dsmith »

Just had my tour update… moved from week 34 to week 37, still code 10 and showing as MY22.5.

After reading here about the year expiry and grants - I asked about their view, he said he didn’t know and then he phoned back 10 mins later and said “you don’t have one as the tour was too expensive so didn’t qualify”
daern

Post by daern »

pcnewtonuk wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:37 pm All fine with me, but couldn't drive the car! Couldn't make it up - waited 10 months and then couldn't drive!
Glad you're ok. Similar happened to me 20 years ago - waited 6 months for a new S2000 and the day we picked it up from the showroom, I ended up in hospital with food poisoning and didn't leave my bed for a week. When I finally felt well enough the following weekend, my wife and I went out for a drive, and someone drove into us at a junction, nearly writing it off.

I can laugh about it now. I didn't at the time!
Cupra Born V2 - Vapor Grey
Lease order placed in Jan '22
Dealer order placed in March '22
Build date confirmed, delivery due late-July '22
ID.3 Family Pro - ordered Jan, optimistically due end of '22. Cancelled in Feb
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Jesus, glad to hear you're both doing well though. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy it properly soon.
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

Glad to hear you are ok, Know the feeling, I didnt get an ID3 not by a long shot, but had a massive STEMI 6 weeks ago tomorrow (was on Lizzies birthday). Could not drive for 4 weeks after. Thank goodness for PCI tables and stents huh. :)
Hope you can enjoy your car soon.
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
Cheese Fiend

Post by Cheese Fiend »

Well it looks like things are moving a bit with the older orders….. my Tour (ordered early Aug 2021) has also finally arrived at UK docks somewhere. Hopefully will get my hands on it in a couple of weeks!

A couple of questions out of interest, if anyone could help me out…..

1/ has anyone received an MY22 build with 2.4 (or 3.0) software on it? Or have they all been delivered with 2.3

2/ Is the 2.3 to 2.4 s/w upgrade process even rolled out yet? I know cars have arrived with 2.4 and 3.0 pre-installed ,but has anyone undergone the upgrade process (especially on an MY22)

3/ Someone kindly mentioned spotting bits of corrosion on long-standing orders (which have presumably been sitting in a car park over winter). Where are the most obvious spots to look for this? I’ve really no idea what I should be looking for tbh

Thanks Utumno for keeping thje spreadsheet going - if you could change my status please (and good look with the Tesla!)
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered July 2021 via Drive The Deal
Delivered June 2022
Order Number - 3140xxxx
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Been over to Wrexham VW to pick up my new up! GTI today and the salesman was saying that last summer VW gave all the dealers a minimum number of ID3s that they had to sell. He said that even then, they knew they’d sell them easily, but that the factory would never be able to fulfil the orders.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Cheese Fiend wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:34 pm Well it looks like things are moving a bit with the older orders….. my Tour (ordered early Aug 2021) has also finally arrived at UK docks somewhere. Hopefully will get my hands on it in a couple of weeks!

Excellent news!
Cheese Fiend wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:34 pm A couple of questions out of interest, if anyone could help me out…..

1/ has anyone received an MY22 build with 2.4 (or 3.0) software on it? Or have they all been delivered with 2.3

Builds < wk51/2021 so far have all had 2.3 factory installed.
Cheese Fiend wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:34 pm 2/ Is the 2.3 to 2.4 s/w upgrade process even rolled out yet? I know cars have arrived with 2.4 and 3.0 pre-installed ,but has anyone undergone the upgrade process (especially on an MY22)

Nope. My own personal view on this is that this process won't start for another quarter, and the OTA won't start until 2023.
Cheese Fiend wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:34 pm 3/ Someone kindly mentioned spotting bits of corrosion on long-standing orders (which have presumably been sitting in a car park over winter). Where are the most obvious spots to look for this? I’ve really no idea what I should be looking for tbh

Door fixings and the like, as well as corrosion on the front discs. To be honest the corrosion seemed no worse than you would have from having it sat on your own drive for the same period to me, but it's a bit galling.

Cheese Fiend wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:34 pm Thanks Utumno for keeping thje spreadsheet going - if you could change my status please (and good look with the Tesla!)

Thank you kindly - and I've moved you to the "Delivering" tab in readiness for your collection in a couple of weeks ! Thanks for updating us all and I really hope you enjoy the car when you get to collect !
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

The monthly figures of new cars registered in Ireland are out. There were 127 ID3's registered in May, this represents nearly 40% of the ID3's registered in Ireland this year so far, so huge increase compared to previous months. Interestingly its also a near 50% increase in ID3's registered during the same period in 2021.

BTW, I've tried to see if similar data is available from the UK, but the most recent data I can find is up to and including Q4 2021.

My assumption is that while we had two Zwickau shutdowns this year (the second being the rather lengthy shutdown at the start of the Russian Invasion of Ukraine), this has allowed a decent stockpile of the semi-conductors and any other components that they had shortages of to be built up. Hopefully VW have gotten on top of their supply chain to the point where this level of production is sustainable.
Ordered October 2021

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I put down a deposit on a brand new Tour on Monday. Due at the dealers in a week or two. Was very surprised to see it advertised and went for it 😱 feel a bit guilty posting given how long folk on here have been waiting. I asked the dealer if it was a cancellation - they said no - that it was part of a batch of 12 cars allocated to them.

I too am now wondering whether it’s been sat in a field for 9 months - whether it’s an MY22, 22.5 - or if it has 2.3 or 3.0 installed. Guess I’ll find out.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

MotMot wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:41 pm I put down a deposit on a brand new Tour on Monday. Due at the dealers in a week or two. Was very surprised to see it advertised and went for it 😱 feel a bit guilty posting given how long folk on here have been waiting. I asked the dealer if it was a cancellation - they said no - that it was part of a batch of 12 cars allocated to them.

I too am now wondering whether it’s been sat in a field for 9 months - whether it’s an MY22, 22.5 - or if it has 2.3 or 3.0 installed. Guess I’ll find out.
Any overs?
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Others? Think that was the only Tour. VW Lancaster.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

MotMot wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:41 pm I put down a deposit on a brand new Tour on Monday. Due at the dealers in a week or two. Was very surprised to see it advertised and went for it 😱 feel a bit guilty posting given how long folk on here have been waiting. I asked the dealer if it was a cancellation - they said no - that it was part of a batch of 12 cars allocated to them.

Good job finding yourself a new Tour! Either software will be better than 2.1.5 right? :)
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

MotMot wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:54 pm Others? Think that was the only Tour. VW Lancaster.
Overs. As in, are they selling it at list, or over?
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Maximus88

Post by Maximus88 »

Hi, I’ve been following the forum for the last few weeks but this is my first post!

I ordered a Max back in November via Vanarama. First date was March, then May, now July. However today I have been told there is no build date currently according to the dealer!

I assume as they have stopped taking orders for the Max they are not prioritising them. So annoying… I expect it will end up being the 12 month wait you all seem to be getting!
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

andrewparker wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:12 pm
MotMot wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:54 pm Others? Think that was the only Tour. VW Lancaster.
Overs. As in, are they selling it at list, or over?
Sorry didn’t understand.
Yup. Seems to be list price - though finding out what that is given it’s not on the configurator took a bit of Googling… so it’s cheap compared to the second hand ones on the market. It’s pretty much what I was after - and the price and lead time was right so went for it…
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 7:02 pm

Good job finding yourself a new Tour! Either software will be better than 2.1.5 right? :)
I hope so 😂 at least I don’t have to take the present one back to get the rattle fixed!
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

What is MY23 exactly please?
How will it affect our orders, prices etc?

Thanks
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

ag-indie wrote: Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:50 pm What is MY23 exactly please?
How will it affect our orders, prices etc?

Thanks
MY23 is the future configuration of the ID3, the cars being built since January 2022 are MY22.5, and everything built before January 2022 was MY22.

The difference between MY22 and the MY22.5 is primarily the additional parking sensors and the material used on the seats in the car.

The changes to the MY23 configuration is currently unknown but will probably be announced in October or so. If your order gets built after whatever the start date of VW using the MY23 standard, it will have whatever features or changes are on that, if not, it'll be an MY22.5. Prices of existing orders will not change.
Ordered October 2021