Software 3.1

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

SDH7 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:26 pm It honestly baffles me that they've spent all this time and money on this software, for it to be this half baked.

They could approach Google and put android automotive in, ala Polestar and problems solved. Surely most people plug in their phone anyway so why they feel the need to reinvent the wheel with this I can't get my head around.
And Apple just shared a sneak peak of their next-gen version of CarPlay. It looks incredible but VW aren’t on the list of current partners.
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!

Scratch

Post by Scratch »

rikimaru wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:34 pm
SDH7 wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:26 pm It honestly baffles me that they've spent all this time and money on this software, for it to be this half baked.

They could approach Google and put android automotive in, ala Polestar and problems solved. Surely most people plug in their phone anyway so why they feel the need to reinvent the wheel with this I can't get my head around.
And Apple just shared a sneak peak of their next-gen version of CarPlay. It looks incredible but VW aren’t on the list of current partners.
So will that mean if VW aren't a "partner" we will likely lose all Carplay when the next-gen is available.
SDH7

Post by SDH7 »

Scratch wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 4:39 pm

So will that mean if VW aren't a "partner" we will likely lose all Carplay when the next-gen is available.
They'll be two different things. Like Android auto is to Android automotive.
ID4 Life Pure
Status 30 as of 16/06
NHS Fleet Order from VW Pulman
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

But Audi and Porsche are.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Utumno wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:03 pm

But Audi and Porsche are.
Yep, quite odd!
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

How true this is I don't know but I was at my dealers this morning and I was chatting to one of the service reception guys and he said with the 2.4 rollout VW are giving £200 towards service costs as some form of recognition in their delay in getting the update out.
Like I said I don't know for sure if this is true.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Newfie wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:46 pm How true this is I don't know but I was at my dealers this morning and I was chatting to one of the service reception guys and he said with the 2.4 rollout VW are giving £200 towards service costs as some form of recognition in their delay in getting the update out.

Heh this sounds much more like a customer bribe to make sure that people actually bring their vehicles in for the 2.4 update than a goodwill gesture.

Let’s face it, many people will not waste their time taking their vehicle in for a day just for a software update and a battery/module swap - many people live a long way from a main dealer.

Used cars remaining on <2.4 is a long tailed disaster for VW’s fleet so they’ll do everything they can to get as much of the fleet in for 2.4 as they possibly can. A straightforward bribe makes that much easier for customers to swallow 😀
Tesla Model Y Long Range

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Utumno wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:30 pm
Newfie wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:46 pm How true this is I don't know but I was at my dealers this morning and I was chatting to one of the service reception guys and he said with the 2.4 rollout VW are giving £200 towards service costs as some form of recognition in their delay in getting the update out.

Heh this sounds much more like a customer bribe to make sure that people actually bring their vehicles in for the 2.4 update than a goodwill gesture.

Let’s face it, many people will not waste their time taking their vehicle in for a day just for a software update and a battery/module swap - many people live a long way from a main dealer.

Used cars remaining on <2.4 is a long tailed disaster for VW’s fleet so they’ll do everything they can to get as much of the fleet in for 2.4 as they possibly can. A straightforward bribe makes that much easier for customers to swallow 😀
I don't understand why this would be any issue to VW at all? I would also imagine that like a lot of recalls if the car ever passes through a maindealer it will get sorted then so the only party losing out would be the customer (assuming the update provided something of value)
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

If they want to give me £200 then I'm happy with that!
TimF

Post by TimF »

Exchanged emails yesterday with our dealer (car bought October 2021) on something else, and mentioned update as meaning we might see him again soon. He didn't comment!!!
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

VW should be telling us when the 2.4 campaign will start in the next week.
Nothing at all on the German forums. Complete radio blackout on the next steps re 2.4 and 3.0.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Awaits VW's next announcment about their intentions to one day update cars.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

OB1CCFC wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:20 am VW should be telling us when the 2.4 campaign will start in the next week.
Nothing at all on the German forums. Complete radio blackout on the next steps re 2.4 and 3.0.

I don’t believe they promised that, I believe they promised an update on the rollout dates.

That update may well consist of “we’ll give you another update in a month” 🤣
Tesla Model Y Long Range

OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Utumno wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:11 pm
OB1CCFC wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:20 am VW should be telling us when the 2.4 campaign will start in the next week.

I don’t believe they promised that, I believe they promised an update on the rollout dates.

Utumno wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 1:11 pm

“Winter is coming” - Jon Snow.
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Well apparently 2.4 is actually happening.
"Dear ID. Drivers,

We announced to get back with information on the ID. software 2.4 update in June. So much for now: we are good to go!

Today, we have shared comprehensive information with our markets that will be shared with all service partners in the coming days. On Friday July 1st we'll post the first public information regarding the concrete next steps & starting dates here in the ID. Drivers Club.

Looking forward to getting all of you updated!

Your Volkswagen ID. Team"
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

sidehaas wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:27 pm Well apparently 2.4 is actually happening.
"Dear ID. Drivers,

We announced to get back with information on the ID. software 2.4 update in June. So much for now: we are good to go!

Today, we have shared comprehensive information with our markets that will be shared with all service partners in the coming days. On Friday July 1st we'll post the first public information regarding the concrete next steps & starting dates here in the ID. Drivers Club.

They’re going to give 2.4 rollout start dates on 1-July?

Anyone else thinking that’ll be October at the earliest (start of Q4) for 2.4 with 3.x coming a further quarter after that OTA … ie 2023 Q1.

If anyone really believes VW is ever going to ship quarterly software updates, I have a selection of lovely bridges in stock, priced very reasonably!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Chris

Post by Chris »

Looks like this winter is going to be rubbish again with a really poor range then, last winter the worst we had was 70 miles from a 77kw battery. Pre heating the battery on short runs just doesn’t help
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Utumno wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 10:25 pm
sidehaas wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 9:27 pm Well apparently 2.4 is actually happening.
"Dear ID. Drivers,

They’re going to give 2.4 rollout start dates on 1-July?

Anyone else thinking that’ll be October at the earliest (start of Q4) for 2.4 with 3.x coming a further quarter after that OTA … ie 2023 Q1.

If anyone really believes VW is ever going to ship quarterly software updates, I have a selection of lovely bridges in stock, priced very reasonably!
I'll take something in blue if you've got it?
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

So another announcement about a forthcoming announcement, they really are pathetic..
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I think that's a bit unfair given the context, which is that they said they would give an update by the end of June and they have been hounded for it ever since. This is actual progress ie it's central VW saying they have now passed out the information to national groups and dealers will have it imminently. And we only have to wait until tomorrow for the schedule. So that's good, despite the overall programme obviously taking way longer than it should have. I'm feeling optimistic many of us will get 2.4 in Q3 and 3.0 before year-end but let's see.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.