programmed charging

New to the Volkswagen ID.3 Forums? Introduce yourself here
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

If you have a low overall rate then I’d agree. But those don’t exist any more.

I’m saving £75+ a month charging at night with Octopus go… that’s the cost of the charger in less than a year.. (7.5/30p).

But I think the frustration about the timed charging is that VW made it so crazily complicated and unreliable - whereas nearly every other EV manufacturer makes it very simple and effective.

mramcha

Post by mramcha »

I had a Family Performance Pro delivered yesterday with SW version 3.0 but my home charger will not get installed until the 16th to be able to test. Thankfully it is smart, so I have a choice of scheduling either on the charger or the car. (Although I would prefer the car)

For what it’s worth, it seems as if cars delivered now are being delivered with either 2.3 or 3.0.

For existing cars, upgrading to 2.4 at the dealership (including new 12v battery) is a pre requisite to being able to do a OTA upgrade to 3.0.

For new cars, obviously it is easy to ship them with 3.0.

I suspect cars arriving now with 2.3 had their build started, and then delayed while waiting for components.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jun 22), Moonshot Gray / MY22.5 S/W 3.0 . Easee One Charger (16th June).
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Scheduled charging saves a fortune on Octopus go, just don't try to have both the car and the charger fighting each other to schedule. Depending on the charger, i'd have the charger do it all, just have the car set to the maximum charge state you want to achieve e.g. 80% if you're not going on a long journey.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
mramcha

Post by mramcha »

I have 3.0, and I am doing car scheduled charging based on location, and it works absolutely fine.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jun 22), Moonshot Gray / MY22.5 S/W 3.0 . Easee One Charger (16th June).