Every ID. model will get its own GTX version in future

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

I found one of the bullet points on this press release interesting: https://www.volkswagen-newsroom.com/en/ ... -look-8010

The text farther down in the press release includes the ID.3.

"“The success of the ID.4 GTX and ID.5 GTX confirms our strategy of positioning the GTX
brand independently. Both models in their respective series have installation rates of
almost 40 percent,” says Silke Bagschik, Head of Sales and Marketing for the ID. family.
“We will continuously expand this brand and offer a GTX variant for every ID. model in
future – from the ID.3 to the ID. Buzz.”
ID.3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White & East Derry Wheels
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Collected from Western Volkswagen Fort Kinnaird on 01 April 2023

AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

For some reason the red and black theme has me wondering if the ID. Buzz GTX will be like the van in the original A-Team.
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Let’s hope the ID.3 GTX is more compelling than the ID.4 version, which just looks to be stupidly expensive for not much reason.
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

AlistairL wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:47 pm For some reason the red and black theme has me wondering if the ID. Buzz GTX will be like the van in the original A-Team.

I pity the fools.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I like the red/black, I'm not a fan of monochrome/plain/ ubiquitous colours and especially not in a 'hot' version. The key question is whether the car warrants the tag, though.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

Utumno wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:12 pm
AlistairL wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:47 pm For some reason the red and black theme has me wondering if the ID. Buzz GTX will be like the van in the original A-Team.

I pity the fools.
I see what you did there ;)
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

I thought there'd been some statement a while ago that there would be an ID.3 GTX but it would not have the second motor only a more powerful RWD set up?
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

G43FAN wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:30 am I thought there'd been some statement a while ago that there would be an ID.3 GTX but it would not have the second motor only a more powerful RWD set up?
Battery Life on YouTube (apologies I forget his name) mentioned it in his community chat, which I assume was from the launch of the ID.5 GTX. I've not been able to find anything else saying that and the press release didn't give anything away either.
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

Why do we need it? My pp is plenty fast enough, the only reason you would need more performance is if you are racing on a track unless you are one of those total a**holes that think speed limits don’t apply to you.
What we need is better value for mass adoption of EV s
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car
andrewparker

Post by andrewparker »

Warminster id wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:04 am Why do we need it? My pp is plenty fast enough, the only reason you would need more performance is if you are racing on a track unless you are one of those total a**holes that think speed limits don’t apply to you.
Why did you bother to go for the Pro Performance, instead of just the base car?
Polestar 2 / Midnight / Plus / 20s
VW up! GTI / Tungsten
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

Warminster id wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:04 am Why do we need it? My pp is plenty fast enough, the only reason you would need more performance is if you are racing on a track unless you are one of those total a**holes that think speed limits don’t apply to you.
We don't need it. I would like it. I'm one of those a**holes who occasionally goes round corners at the speed limit.

Once I grow out of that I'll apply for my senior bus pass and only use public transport, creating space on the road for the new EVs.
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Warminster id

Post by Warminster id »

andrewparker wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:16 am
Why did you bother to go for the Pro Performance, instead of just the base car?
Back then it was available within a couple of weeks ( sorry to the guys still waiting)
Life pro performance grey/steels standard car