Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Richcm

Post by Richcm »

Just had an update from dealer, I now have a confirmed BW28, bumped up from the estimated BW29! Even a week makes all the difference!
Still expected end of August.
Slowly, slowly, a bit at a time the car is gradually at snails pace making its way!
After all this time finally feels good to be getting somewhere!
ID3 Family Pro Performance, Manganese Turquoise , bin lids
NHS Fleet solutions / Pulman Fleet
Ordered with VW 15 Sept 2021 31464***
Delivery date 2nd September

T-SLOT

Post by T-SLOT »

My unconfirmed build week of Week 41 seems to be holding steady and I was recently advised that delivery should be 6-8 weeks thereafter.

By comparison, our Kia EV6 was ordered mid January 2022, initially for delivery March/April, advised delayed until August but in the end delivered this week!
Life Pro Performance - Moonstone Grey
Ordered: 29 September 2021
Scheduled Delivery: 14 July 2022
mpstratfold

Post by mpstratfold »

Just joined this happy forum. We ordered our Family Pro Performance in November last year from Vindis in Cambridge. The build week has slipped from 24 to 40 (still not confirmed). The sales rep told us today that the delivery can be a further 4 months after the build. This will put us past12 months, I'm concerned that they might not honour the agreed price (and government subsidy).
Moonstone Grey id.3 Family Pro Performance ordered 22 October 2021.
Original BW 17
Current BW 47
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

mpstratfold wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:53 am The sales rep told us today that the delivery can be a further 4 months after the build.
If you want some good news, there is definitely a smaller gap between "going into build" and "being delivered to dealers". It was true, but hopefully it is getting provably better.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Souljacker

Post by Souljacker »

mediaguy wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:47 am
mpstratfold wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:53 am The sales rep told us today that the delivery can be a further 4 months after the build.
If you want some good news, there is definitely a smaller gap between "going into build" and "being delivered to dealers". It was true, but hopefully it is getting provably better.
What seems to be the rule of thumb for the gap between build date and delivery? I know there are quite a few factors but my car is hopefully going to build in week 28 but they are still suggesting a delivery in mid September which seems late to me?
Family Pro Performance, Moonstone grey, East Derry alloys
Order date 09/10/2021
Zenith salary sacrifice, Lookers Harrogate
31498*** order No
Current build week 26
Delivered 29/07/22
Software version 3.0
Podpoint charger
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Souljacker wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:04 am
What seems to be the rule of thumb for the gap between build date and delivery? I know there are quite a few factors but my car is hopefully going to build in week 28 but they are still suggesting a delivery in mid September which seems late to me?
It has been changing as they seem to be building in a shorter duration from the build date now than they were previously, at least for some cars. Once it's actually built it can still take a while, I think mine was 5 weeks from memory but it varies a lot depending on when it manages to catch a boat, how proactive your dealer is, etc.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Souljacker wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 10:04 am
Allow 6 weeks for build and 6 weeks for shipping/delivery, so ~3 months from confirmed build week.

It may come sooner or later, but these are useful averages.

As many have noticed, VW are getting better recently at build times.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Klaus wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 5:59 pm
Andy1966 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:33 am Anyone from Bristol or Bath received their cars yet ?
I genuinely believe if dealers were allowed to slap & spit on customers, Heritage Bristol would take the crown.

I went in to drop my car for a service and saw my sales person sat at his desk. I asked to speak to him to ask about the ID3 which at this point had been delayed by 4 months. Rather than shout across the room, the receptionist rings him (we can all se him), he answers, looks at us, says yup "of course, coming" and literally went and hid somewhere in the building. Everyone was looking for him for 20 minutes but I had to leave and go back to work. Quite bizarre!

Sent him an email later saying "hey, I just wanted to ask about the order but couldn't keep waiting and nobody knew where you were. Any news?" -still waiting for my reply and this was in March!
When did you order your car. Ours was late oct 21.
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
jimbaxter

Post by jimbaxter »

Has anyone got a feeling whether this speed up also applies to ID3 Family variants? I see there was talk of the Matrix headlights delaying all non life cars because of the chip shortages in May so I wonder if all the speed up is mainly life cars they can build quickly.
I do know that VW stated they thought the chip shortage would ease in the later part of 2022, though reading yesterday it seems that is based on VW being optimistic that conditions in Ukraine and China improve.
13th Jan: Ordered ID3 Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey.
Order #315109xx
ETA 01/2023 (Car part of pre-orders from Oct 2021)

Last update 19th Aug: Build Week 49/2022
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

jimbaxter wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:20 pm
Has anyone got a feeling whether this speed up also applies to ID3 Family variants? I see there was talk of the Matrix headlights delaying all non life cars because of the chip shortages in May so I wonder if all the speed up is mainly life cars they can build quickly.
I do know that VW stated they thought the chip shortage would ease in the later part of 2022, though reading yesterday it seems that is based on VW being optimistic that conditions in Ukraine and China improve.

I’m of the opinion that VW focus on pushing specific trims through in bulk - probably to help with part logistics.

For months last calendar year virtually nothing but Family’s got built, then VW’s “Eye of Sauron” swung to backfill Max/Tours, and it seems now to have swung toward Life models, and there’s been a fair amount of build week pushback on Family specs.

Give it a little time, and I think the Eye will swing round again.

I’m well aware that the MEB line is perfectly capable of handling any variety of marque/model/trim without blinking…but just because it can doesn’t mean it must, or does!

Overall the output is certainly going up across VAG though, which has to be a good thing for all VW’s customers.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203
Drcoops

Post by Drcoops »

I’ve been watching this forum since probably p10 or so. I’ve only now had a chance to post my information, but the upshot is this:

Ordered via Drive the Deal on 27th September 2021
I got the order number on the 6th October 3147XXXXX
We were first told week 10 2022 then it ended up week 18 ended up being at Emden on 23 May 2022
It then arrive at the UK docks on 29 May 2022
It was then ready to pick up on around 14th June 2022
I picked it up on 17th June 2022
It has MY22.5 with a MUCH nicer seat fabric (Family Pro Performance)
Software 3.0 was installed - seemed nicer that I remember but can’t really say
Despite the 9 months between order and pick up all the relevant discounts still applied (ie PiCG @ £2500)

It is SUCH a nice car to be in and drive. I spent a few days with an e-NIRO and that feels like a big toy pimped out with nice-leatherette cushions by comparison. Anyone want some picks (including of the bike hook tow thing - special engineering term that) let me know,

Only bugbear now is that I can’t sign up to WeCharge Elli as the app is hanging at the credit card verification stage - blank screen. Any tips on what I am doing (it’s the iOS version on a iPhone 12… not a biggie as not doing EU travel until later in the summer.

Good luck everyone and big up to Utumno for Excel-jedi skillz!
ID.3 Family Pro Performance 58kW Glacier White (bike prep)
Deposit taken: 24 Sept (wk 38)
Order/commission number rec’d: 6 Oct 3147XXXX
Build week: no news…
Expected delivery: Feb/Mar 2022
jimbaxter

Post by jimbaxter »

Utumno wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:54 pm
jimbaxter wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:20 pm

I’m of the opinion that VW focus on pushing specific trims through in bulk - probably to help with part logistics.

For months last calendar year virtually nothing but Family’s got built, then VW’s “Eye of Sauron” swung to backfill Max/Tours, and it seems now to have swung toward Life models, and there’s been a fair amount of build week pushback on Family specs.

Give it a little time, and I think the Eye will swing round again.

I’m well aware that the MEB line is perfectly capable of handling any variety of marque/model/trim without blinking…but just because it can doesn’t mean it must, or does!

Overall the output is certainly going up across VAG though, which has to be a good thing for all VW’s customers.
That is a good point and hopefully the case and they switch around models more regularly, I was only looking around because I find the odd Cupra Born V2 in stock and so was contemplating switching to it, though I would lose the panoramic roof and matrix headlights for a HUD.
My concern is that like Polestar they remove the matrix headlights and I end up without a car when my lease ends in October when I could have jumped earlier.
13th Jan: Ordered ID3 Family Pro Performance in Moonstone Grey.
Order #315109xx
ETA 01/2023 (Car part of pre-orders from Oct 2021)

Last update 19th Aug: Build Week 49/2022
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

Drcoops wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:42 pm Only bugbear now is that I can’t sign up to WeCharge Elli as the app is hanging at the credit card verification stage - blank screen. Any tips on what I am doing (it’s the iOS version on a iPhone 12… not a biggie as not doing EU travel until later in the summer.

I had the same problem recently and could only solve it by using another credit card from a different bank.
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

Arty18

Post by Arty18 »

Can you update my details below on the spreadsheet. Thanks
ID.3 Tour Pro S Makena Turquoise ordered 10/11/2021
Vanarama via Listers
Order # 31401***
Status 10
Update 23/02/2022. Dealer now expecting Aug/Sept
Update 17/06/2022 unconfirmed build week 47 late Nov
Busman

Post by Busman »

Bengeo wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 4:53 pm
Drcoops wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 3:42 pm Only bugbear now is that I can’t sign up to WeCharge Elli as the app is hanging at the credit card verification stage - blank screen. Any tips on what I am doing (it’s the iOS version on a iPhone 12… not a biggie as not doing EU travel until later in the summer.
If you can avoid We Charge ,do so as their charges are exorbitant to say the least

I had the same problem recently and could only solve it by using another credit card from a different bank.
Busman

Post by Busman »

If you can avoid using We Charge,do so.Their Charges are exhorbitant.Tgere are better options out there.
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

Busman wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:53 pm If you can avoid using We Charge, do so. Their Charges are exorbitant. There are better options out there.

Yes, I've just got it as a backup if other stuff fails.
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Busman wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:53 pm

If you can avoid using We Charge,do so.Their Charges are exhorbitant.Tgere are better options out there.
I think the latest wecharge plans are quite interesting. The 2.99/month one will break even if you charge 60kwh on 50p Osprey stations (for wecharge 45p) in a month, or quicker if you use any normally more expensive wecharge stations like Shell or BP.
The 9.99/month one will break even in the same manner of you charge about 66kwh in a month on Osprey (for wecharge 35p) and much quicker (in about 25kwh) if you use Ionity @28p.
So for people doing regular long journeys it looks pretty good. The biggest weakness is the same as Bonnet, Electric Juice etc - no Instavolt or Gridserve. Or MFG.

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/en/electri ... _BwE#plans
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Drcoops

Post by Drcoops »

Busman wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:49 pm
If you can avoid We Charge ,do so as their charges are exorbitant to say the least

Thanks for the tip - good to know it’s not just me!
Drcoops

Post by Drcoops »

Busman wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 5:53 pm

Be grateful to know what those options are. The EV charging market is also as big a mess as the pay by phone market. No, it’s a bigger mess.