Utumno's Tesla Model Y has arrived !

The place to discuss everything else..
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Several of you following the near 12 month saga of our VW ID.3 Tour order, culminating in the purchase of a Tesla Model Y after SWMBO threw her toys out of the pram asked for off-topic confirmation that we finally have our EV.

Well, we do, I collected it on Saturday just gone, and we couldn't be happier with it. SWMBO in particular is tickled pink, which is much more than half the battle won!

Some asked for pictures, here's a few I took on collection. If you'll all have me, I'll keep checking in here despite not being an actual ID.3 owner 😀

Next week we are going on an electric road trip from Oxford to Argyll & Bute, which I am rather looking forward to! Nothing like ~1,000 miles in an car to get familiar with it!

IMG_0561.png

IMG_0562.png

IMG_0563.png

IMG_0564.png

IMG_0565.png

Last edited by Utumno on Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tesla Model Y Long Range
CANCELLED : ID.3 Tour (long story :lol:)

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Octopus Referral : https://share.octopus.energy/aqua-foal-203

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Looks great, glad you like it, please report back with any software problems you have so we can feel slightly better about our own cars :D
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

sidehaas wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:13 pm Looks great, glad you like it, please report back with any software problems you have so we can feel slightly better about our own cars :D

The release notes said that "Theater" would have Disney+, and it doesn't. Other than that, it's perfect so far !
Tesla Model Y Long Range

cornbutter

Post by cornbutter »

Utumno wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:16 pm
sidehaas wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:13 pm Looks great, glad you like it, please report back with any software problems you have so we can feel slightly better about our own cars :D

The release notes said that "Theater" would have Disney+, and it doesn't. Other than that, it's perfect so far !
Literally undrivable....

Delighted for you pal! Looks fantastic in the white as well. Glad to know it's alls well that ends well!
Tour 5 77kWh Pro S 204HP in Stone Washed Blue
Ordered October 2021
Build Started: Week 21 2022
Delivered: Week: Week 26 2022

Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

Glad you finally have a car Utumno :) Looking forward to your updates on it.
Chris

Post by Chris »

If you don’t mind what spec and extras if any did you add, also did it come with a parcel shelf? Dealer mentioned that they should be getting built with them

Our id3 is having a charging issue at the moment, it’s probably not happy with us because we’d been and had a look at the model y

Hoping to get a test drive next week
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Utumno wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:09 pm Several of you following the near 12 month saga of our VW ID.3 Tour order, culminating in the purchase of a Tesla Model Y after SWMBO threw her toys out of the pram asked for off-topic confirmation that we finally have our EV.

Well, we do, I collected it on Saturday just gone, and we couldn't be happier with it. SWMBO in particular is tickled pink, which is much more than half the battle won!

Some asked for pictures, here's a few I took on collection. If you'll all have me, I'll keep checking in here despite not being an actual ID.3 owner 😀

Next week we are going on an electric road trip from Oxford to Argyll & Bute, which I am rather looking forward to! Nothing like ~1,000 miles in an car to get familiar with it!

IMG_0561.png
IMG_0562.png
IMG_0563.png
IMG_0564.png
IMG_0565.png
Congratulations Utumno and SWMBO.
The Tesla looks really good.
Ironic that one of forums biggest contributors ended up with something other than the ID3 they ordered. Don't look back. Enjoy.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
Utumno

Post by Utumno »

Chris wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:38 pm If you don’t mind what spec and extras if any did you add, also did it come with a parcel shelf? Dealer mentioned that they should be getting built with them

Our id3 is having a charging issue at the moment, it’s probably not happy with us because we’d been and had a look at the model y

Hoping to get a test drive next week

Absolutely no options, we ordered the base model. Even the paint was free.

This quarter’s batch to the UK includes the parcel shelf too, and revised suspension it seems. The early cars ride and handling apparently got a kicking in reviews and it seems Tesla revised it worldwide going forward.

I honestly can’t fault it in any way at the moment, which I wasn’t expecting given the Internet furore around Tesla quality in general.

We have a Scottish road trip next week (1000 miles+). Let’s see if it holds up for that week!
Tesla Model Y Long Range

Chris

Post by Chris »

I’d imagine the build quality will be better than the id3

The one we looked at seemed well put together and the only thing I could notice was the passenger door was slightly proud of the panels but I spent some time looking at the alignment etc…

Have a great trip
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

I'm glad you finally got an EV - a long wait! And thanks for all the effort on the spreadsheet - it's been really useful to get a sense of what's going on.

My Family Pro Performance id.3's build should be complete this week, 9 months almost to the day after I ordered it. I think I'm paying less than 50% of the current price of base Model Y, which feels like an absolute bargain. At the time I ordered it, it felt like a complete luxury. It's amazing what 9 months has done to that perspective.
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Congrats, I'm glad you got a car in the end.

Enjoy your road trip, the scenery in Glencoe is a sight to behold..if you're passing through that way.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
SDH7

Post by SDH7 »

Utumno wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 5:16 pm

Bloody send it back. Absolute liability.

Nah I'm glad you've got fixed up pal and if I had the money I'd have gone the same route!
ID4 Life Pure
Status 30 as of 16/06
NHS Fleet Order from VW Pulman
whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

Glad to see your Tesla Y has finally arrived after the long wait for your Tour. Enjoy your little road-trip and keep us updated on how you get on :)
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Looks great fella - and what a trip ahead, enjoy. Very happy for you.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Congratulations. You can certainly tell it's a Tesla, which model is still kinda tricky but then I think that's the point Elon just wants everyone to instantly know it's a Tesla. If he'd actually employed a stylist instead of basing every car on a drawing he did as a child the European competition would be non existant now.

Hope the build quality has improved.
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Chris wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:48 pm I’d imagine the build quality will be better than the id3

The one we looked at seemed well put together and the only thing I could notice was the passenger door was slightly proud of the panels but I spent some time looking at the alignment etc…

Have a great trip
Why do you think it will be better quality than an ID3?
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Congrats UTUMNO, looks lovely, I cancelled my Q4 order after they told me June 23 after ordering July 21 !!!
Got a Mercedes EQB 300 AMG premium coming today, slightly excited 😆

The wife’s ID3 is also week 26 build so hopefully that’s started this week or already built, the tides are turning 😊😊😊
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Chris

Post by Chris »

gailjon wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:57 am
Chris wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 7:48 pm I’d imagine the build quality will be better than the id3

Have a great trip
We only spent around 30 minutes with the model y but the finishes felt rather solid and nice, I like our id3 tour but for 40k it certainly feels cheap
gailjon

Post by gailjon »

Chris wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 8:09 am
gailjon wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:57 am

Have a great trip
We only spent around 30 minutes with the model y but the finishes felt rather solid and nice, I like our id3 tour but for 40k it certainly feels cheap
Yes, I think the ID3 is one of those cars that is made of seemingly cheap materials but is quite well screwed together.
ID.3 Family, Andoya Alloys, Heat Pump. Grab a £50 Octopus Credit https://share.octopus.energy/silk-guppy-104
scarecrow101

Post by scarecrow101 »

Congrats Utumno! I gotta say I am a little bit jealous as I easily would have picked a model Y over my family pro performance but I just couldnt justify the price jump and how much I would have to pay extra per month and that would be on a four year lease too!

Hope it stays problem free! I think most teslas are pretty good now days, the problems are something the internet just loves to throw around all the time.
Family Pro Performance MY 22.5 | Software 3.0