'ID Light'

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Just picked up my id3 today - its the 'base' Life Pure Performance (150PS) version and has all the menu settings for the so called 'ID light' but there is no evidence of it lighting up!

Perhaps its not fitted to these models or I am not setting it up correctly - anyone shed any light (pardon the pun)?
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!

rawws

Post by rawws »

I have business model id3, am sure the life had it unless mistaken.
One way to find out is use your in built navigation it should light up for turns, left or right etc, should light up when charging too to show battery level bar.
Also emergeny collision prevention of flashes red.

If the above doesn't trigger it then with something wrong of is not on life model
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Nothing triggers it but I do have the full range of 'ID Light' menu options in the centre screen!
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Checked the brochure from last September (when this car was ordered by the original customer) and it mentions the 'ID Light' in the Life spec (along with the tyre mobility kit I didn't get)!
Now Sold!!
Stig2011

Post by Stig2011 »

I also have a Life that was delivered in May with v3.0 software. The id light only lit up (red) when the car issued a brake warning alert. I took it in to the local dealership and they did an id light software update whcih fixed it. Annoying that the delivery dealer doesn't seem to check that the light is working
Life Pro Performance/Assistance Pack/Scale Silver/ East Derry Wheels

Post by 4810510 »

According to the brochure Life has ID Light
ID.3 Life Standard equipment
Infotainment
– Ambient lighting with 10 colour options
– ‘App-Connect’ with Wireless connection 1 for Apple CarPlay and Android Auto
– Digital dashboard
– Digital radio DAB+
– ID.Light
– Natural voice control
– Wireless smartphone charging
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Conclusion is - it should have the light but mine is not working so off to the local VW dealer next week to see if they know how to fix it! Thanks for all the replies :-)
Last edited by Mark V on Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Now Sold!!
davidwalton

Post by davidwalton »

Set a nearby destination in the Vehicle Navigation (don't use Apple/Android), then drive. At the first junction where you need to turn left or right, just before you get there does the ID light pulse in a light blue colour from left-to-right, or right-to-left, depending on the turn direction?
71 / 2021 ID.3 Life Pro Performance, Glacier White, Andoya Wheels
Ohme Go Smart cable / Intelligent Octopus tariff- Octopus £50 bonus referral link: https://share.octopus.energy/steel-goat-168
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

davidwalton wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:28 am Set a nearby destination in the Vehicle Navigation (don't use Apple/Android), then drive. At the first junction where you need to turn left or right, just before you get there does the ID light pulse in a light blue colour from left-to-right, or right-to-left, depending on the turn direction?
Hi David,

My ID Light is completely dead and has never emitted any light since I got the car on Thursday, whether charging, using built-in navigation etc. I only knew about this feature as it has the set up menus in the main screen and that made me research it.
Now Sold!!
davidwalton

Post by davidwalton »

That's bad. If the ID light doesn't illuminate at turns (when Vehicle Navigation is active) or doesn't respond to screaming "Hello ID" at it then it must be a fault.

The final test would be to purposely try & crash to see if it all lights up red just before you hit... No, don't try that one please 🫢
Ohme Go Smart cable / Intelligent Octopus tariff- Octopus £50 bonus referral link: https://share.octopus.energy/steel-goat-168
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

davidwalton wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:31 am That's bad. If the ID light doesn't illuminate at turns (when Vehicle Navigation is active) or doesn't respond to screaming "Hello ID" at it then it must be a fault.

The final test would be to purposely try & crash to see if it all lights up red just before you hit... No, don't try that one please 🫢
Lol - I will pass on that last one, haha! There is a VW dealer around the corner from here (the supplying dealer being 100 miles away) so will see if they have any clues. Sounds like a software issue from what has been reported earlier in this thread - although the car has the latest 3.0 on it.
There also seems to be an issue with it 'forgetting' menu settings - I am sure I have selected mirror down and the blue internal ambient lighting several times only to find it switched off/defaulting back to white. I need a bit more time with the car to determine if this is the case.
Now Sold!!
davidwalton

Post by davidwalton »

I'm still on 2.3, so can't comment on 3.0 unfortunately - but didn't 3.0 introduce 'Profiles' for different drivers? Maybe it's something to do with a Profile not loading properly?
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Yes it has profiles for different drivers. I have only used one profile and used only on key and one log in. ID Light software should fix it - its just a pain to be taking a brand new car in to a dealer. Not had to do that in ten years - not since a total head unit failure on a brand new 2011 Golf Match.
Now Sold!!
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

My local VW dealer is stumped!

Stig2011 - have sent you a PM in the hope that you can put me in touch with the VW dealer that sorted it for you.
Now Sold!!