Bridgestone Turanza Eco 215/55R18 95T (B-Seal)?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Hi Guys,

Need everyone collective wisdom here. I have the East Derry wheel option and it mentioned it come with AirStop tyres for the specification guide, when I ordered back in September 2021

https://www.volkswagen.co.uk/files/live ... t-p11d.pdf

Anyhow, can someone confirm if the Bridgestone Turanza Eco 215/55R18 95T is a AirStop tyre (B-Seal), my understanding is that only the 19" & 20" are B-Seal. However, happy to be be corrected.

Many thanks
24.09.21 Order Family Pro, Heat Pump, East Derry
26.09.21 Order No. received (31477xxx)
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
04.07.22 Arrived at dealer
11.07.22 Delivered
Lister Nuneaton via Autoebid

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Easy way to find out - did your car cone with a bottle of gunk and a pump? If it did, you don't have self sealing tyres. Unless they updated them recently , the 18" Turanzas are not self sealing.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:22 am Easy way to find out - did your car cone with a bottle of gunk and a pump? If it did, you don't have self sealing tyres. Unless they updated them recently , the 18" Turanzas are not self sealing.
Thanks Monkeyhanger,

I checked and the car does not come with the tyre repair kit, however the Bridgestone tyres it comes with are not self sealing either. I have contacted the dealership now and in turn is contacting VW (manufacture department) to seek further advise on resolving this matter, because as explained from the initial post, the claim on air stop tyres from the option's description has not been applied to the car. I would advise anyone with the East Derry's option to check what brand of tyres are fitted, and if it is Bridgestone query with the dealership to find a solution.

Thanks
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
11.07.22 Delivered
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Cutbacks? It seems that everyone who got an ID3 last year on 18" steelies or East Derrys got the tyre mobility pack.

chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:51 am Cutbacks? It seems that everyone who got an ID3 last year on 18" steelies or East Derrys got the tyre mobility pack.
Yes, I did (car delivered end January this year).
mathcrabby

Post by mathcrabby »

How do you check whether the tyres have B-seal?

My ID3 came with Bridgestone Turanza 18" and no tyre mobility kit.
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

mathcrabby wrote: Sat Jul 23, 2022 6:46 am How do you check whether the tyres have B-seal?

My ID3 came with Bridgestone Turanza 18" and no tyre mobility kit.
There should be a B-seal logo on the Tyre. My understanding is that the Bridgestone in 18" is not a B-Seal tyre and therefore raised the issue with my dealer.

I would ask your dealership to check with VW UK for a solution. My understanding is if the tyres are B-seal (AirStop in VW terms), than no mobility kit. But if it is not AirStop, than the car should come with tyre mobility kit.
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
11.07.22 Delivered
Busman

Post by Busman »

There is no Airstop /B-seal in the 18 inch East Derry Alloys.We have this issue in Ireland.Dealerships were telling customers that the 18 inch came with Airstop/B -seal.To such an extent that no tyre repair kit was supplied.When I pointed out to my dealership that the evidence said different and there was no tyre markings to indicate Airstop was present, which was confirmed by a tyre repair company,the dealership came back and said the official VW line was no Airstop was in the 18 inch East Derry Alloys.Plus Breakdown assistance will look after you if you get a puncture.I was then told that the dealership would send me out a tyre repair kit,which it did,and said the cost would be passed on to VW.It has to be said that the kit was not even brand new.This is a mini diesel gate .The chain of command in VW is allover this "Let's see will they notice".
monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

They're doing the same with media connectivity cables. The car should come with them, and if you ask they'll dig you some out, but if you don't ask, you don't get.

If I had to.guess, I'd say the cars are supposed to come with a mobility kit and cables, but the dealership has to order them for all new cars. If customer doesn't ask, customer doesn't get and the dealership trousers the £50 saved by not ordering them.

The Born comes with front and back mats, but some dealerships are retaining them to sell later rather than giving them with the car.

Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Same experience here - Picked up the car Thursday with 18" steelies - no spare, no repair kit. Querying with the dealer they say they checked the factory build sheet and its not down as having anything. I said the point is that it should have either run-flats, a spare or some kind of inflation kit and my car has nothing to assist in the case of a puncture. The replied to say they checked the factory build sheet and its not down as having anything (roll eyes). Going to have to escalate it with VWCS next week.
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Mark V wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 8:57 am Same experience here - Picked up the car Thursday with 18" steelies - no spare, no repair kit. Querying with the dealer they say they checked the factory build sheet and its not down as having anything. I said the point is that it should have either run-flats, a spare or some kind of inflation kit and my car has nothing to assist in the case of a puncture. The replied to say they checked the factory build sheet and its not down as having anything (roll eyes). Going to have to escalate it with VWCS next week.
Good luck with VWCS. Chocolate teapot comes to mind.
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Yeah I know - but nothing else to resort to apart from just accepting this BS.
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

Mark V wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 9:25 am Yeah I know - but nothing else to resort to apart from just accepting this BS.
Was your car ordered via a leasing agent ? There is an option when ordering a car with 18" wheels to exclude the tyre mobility kit, in the past I've seen several leasing/companies opt for this. It would explain why they are saying it's not on the build sheet.

tyre stop.jpg

Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Big_GT wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:04 amWas your car ordered via a leasing agent ? There is an option when ordering a car with 18" wheels to exclude the tyre mobility kit, in the past I've seen several leasing/companies opt for this. It would explain why they are saying it's not on the build sheet.
I didn't order my car originally - I picked it up last week as a cancelled order that the dealer decided to put on Autotrader as a brand new car! It may have been ordered by an agent originally so its possible. I will keep going with this.

PS - what possible reason is there to remove a tyre mobility kit (from a car with no spare wheel)?
Now Sold!!
Deleted User 1733

Mark V wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 4:05 pm
Big_GT wrote: Sun Jul 24, 2022 10:04 amWas your car ordered via a leasing agent ? There is an option when ordering a car with 18" wheels to exclude the tyre mobility kit, in the past I've seen several leasing/companies opt for this. It would explain why they are saying it's not on the build sheet.
I didn't order my car originally - I picked it up last week as a cancelled order that the dealer decided to put on Autotrader as a brand new car! It may have been ordered by an agent originally so its possible. I will keep going with this.

PS - what possible reason is there to remove a tyre mobility kit (from a car with no spare wheel)?
Car rentals for example just use breakdown service, so remove them from order to stop people stealing them, world is full of people who like freebies lol.
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

Thanks for that - makes my position an interesting one! But as a retail customer I think I should get one unless I opted out. They didn't pre-register my car so I am the first owner.
Now Sold!!
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

OK having seen the prices these go for on ebay I think I will just buy one - its only to make the car 'complete' and I would just call VW Assistance if I get a puncture.
Now Sold!!
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Don't just buy a random one unless the spec tells you the cable length. You need a pump with a long wire to reach all four tyres from the socket in the boot.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Alongwait

Post by Alongwait »

Hi guys,

I have an update from VWCS via the dealership. "As per Week51 2021, tyre repair kit is removed from standard specification." However, they did not answer if the Bridgestone is a Be-Seal (AirStop) tyre! waiting for their response on that.

The fun continue!
01.22 Factory Accepted
20.06.22 Built
11.07.22 Delivered
Deleted User 1733

Alongwait wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 9:42 am Hi guys,

I have an update from VWCS via the dealership. "As per Week51 2021, tyre repair kit is removed from standard specification." However, they did not answer if the Bridgestone is a Be-Seal (AirStop) tyre! waiting for their response on that.

The fun continue!
According to VW website, they are still listing only the 19 and 20" tyres as " Sealed Tyres "