First impressions

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

So where do you actually turn off auto-hold (my last car just had a button next to the electronic handbrake)? Thanks.
Last edited by Mark V on Tue Jul 26, 2022 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Mark V wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 4:51 pm So where do you actually turn off auto-hold (may last car just had a button next to the electronic handbrake? Thanks.
Swipe down from the top of the screen, Auto Hold is in the default set up.. as is sterring wheel heating I think.
Kwr68

Post by Kwr68 »

Have had my car since last Wednesday met a someone today who has there’s since March both said how much we both enjoyed our id3, both of us look at this forum even they said how depressing it can get with some of these posts which makes this thread so enjoyable thanks duncsand very good review and I agree with everything you wrote thanks again
duncsand

Post by duncsand »

Kwr68 wrote: Mon Jul 25, 2022 9:13 pm Have had my car since last Wednesday met a someone today who has there’s since March both said how much we both enjoyed our id3, both of us look at this forum even they said how depressing it can get with some of these posts which makes this thread so enjoyable thanks duncsand very good review and I agree with everything you wrote thanks again
Thank you! I agree it’s been nice to see so many positive comments. I think the nature of car forums is that people post about their problems, so it’s perhaps hard to avoid some negativity. Still, it’s good to see some balance! It’s a wonderful car, in particular for the money - there aren’t so many options at this level. In particular, those of us who ordered before the price increases and grant reductions got a stunning bargain. A Tesla model Y now starts at £58k, but I paid £29k - that’s twice the price and a massive difference!
---
id.3 Family Pro Performance.
Ordered September 2021, build week 25, confirmed built 1st July, collected from dealer 20th July.
Up the jumper

Post by Up the jumper »

I have had my ID3 for 4 months now. In general I agree with the OP comments. I have a couple of small design niggles. The angle between the inside of the windscreen and the dashboard creates a significant amount of reflection when driving towards the sun - in fairness had exactly this on a Renault Scenic many years back, and is very difficult to avoid. I also find the A pillar creates a pretty big blind spot. Again, it don't see that is really avoidable and simply means you have to shift in your seat a little at some junctions. Overall however I am extremely pleased with the car, and as the last poster said in terms of VFM it is superb!
Id3 Family Pro 58kwh, moonstone ordered 23/7/21 Picked up 4/3/22
Gloucestershire.