New ID3 Family Pro

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jiffie

Post by Jiffie »

Hi, we took delivery of our new ID3 Family Pro in Stonewashed Blue last week and are loving it. We ordered it last September and were not expecting it until late this year, so it was a pleasant surprise to get it earlier than expected. Apparently the Stonewashed Blue is no longer an option in the UK so glad we ordered when we did. We also qualified for the Government grant so that saved a goodly amount of cash. We went with the steel wheels rather than alloys, my wife actually thinks that they look better than the alloy options.

We bought the car from Arnold Clark VW Stirling and the service we received from them was excellent, they kept us informed every step of the way. A special mention for Martyn who was our contact, really nice guy and returned my calls promptly and with accurate info. Seems car sales people are not what they used to be, at least in this branch, thank god!

We had a Wallbox Pulsar Plus installed last month but have not yet had a need to use it but I don't anticipate any problems there. We were already with Octopus and have changed our account to Octopus Go to get the cheap overnight rates. We looked at the Intelligent option but it seems that this does not work with the ID models yet, so will possibly revisit this option in the future should this change. TBH Octopus Go will meet our needs.

Overall we are very pleased with the car, we are still getting to grips with all the software options but will learn as we go along. The car came with the front and rear side sensors, so we appear to have options in Park Assist though we are still to try these out. From initial observations it looks like our model will do auto park but does not have the memory functions available, I think we would have had to have the Plus option on the Infotainment Pack to get this, we also don't have the HUD, it would have been nice but we can live without these!

We have had problems setting up a separate profile for my wife, it seemed to work briefly but then disappeared, from what I can gather this is still buggy and VW are looking to sort this in the next update, again it does not stop us driving the car but would be nice if this worked.

Anyway, I'll update on progress as we go along.

Here's some pictures.

20220726_180325.jpg

20220726_180348.jpg

20220726_180416.jpg

20220726_180553.jpg

VW ID3 Family Pro, Steel Wheels, Stonewashed Blue. Registered 2022, Firmware Version 3.0. Wallbox Pulsar Plus charger.

Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

Congratulations on your new toy, it's great to see another arrive :) Happy driving.
OB1CCFC

Post by OB1CCFC »

Nice one. EnjoyπŸ‘πŸ»
Kia Niro EV3 in pearl white.
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Congrats on the new car. We have a Life model in Stonewashed Blue. VW web site says the colour is still available. Out of interest, did it come with V3 software? Profiles are something I have never figured out, or are they only available on latest software? I notice you have the clock displayed on the infotainment screen, how did you set that up? I seem to remember I saw the option somewhere in the settings, but could never find it again.
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

Congrats too on the new car. I made my mind up late so my model choices were limited. Enjoy!
ID.3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White & East Derry Wheels
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Collected from Western Volkswagen Fort Kinnaird on 01 April 2023
MattgID3

Post by MattgID3 »

congrats on new car, ive ordered the exact same car, looks good
Id3 family pro
Stonewash blue
Ordered 8/8/21
was Eta 17th jan 23
Delivery 14th DEC 2022
Build week 40 confirmed

Location South Gloucestershire
Jiffie

Post by Jiffie »

Thanks folks, loving driving the car, got a few minor queries, Martyn at VW Stirling is phoning me tomorrow with an update on them. The main one we have is puncture repair. The car has 18" Bridgestone tyres which from what I can gather do not have self sealing but there was no repair kit supplied with the car, the other is setting up a profile for my wife as I mentioned in my earlier post. Apart from that all seems fine, no doubt we will come across others as we go!
Scratch wrote: ↑Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:42 pm Congrats on the new car. We have a Life model in Stonewashed Blue. VW web site says the colour is still available. Out of interest, did it come with V3 software? Profiles are something I have never figured out, or are they only available on latest software? I notice you have the clock displayed on the infotainment screen, how did you set that up? I seem to remember I saw the option somewhere in the settings, but could never find it again.
Martyn informed us that VW have withdrawn Stonewashed Blue from the colour options, think this is just in the UK. It seems any back orders with this option will be fulfilled but he said that any new orders do not have this option available. It came with V 3.0 of the software. No idea how to setup the clock, sorry, it came with this already setup. It only comes on after exiting the car.
MattgID3 wrote: ↑Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:25 pm congrats on new car, ive ordered the exact same car, looks good
We liked this colour best from all the options, it seems to change colour depending on the light! Sometimes it looks a blueish grey, other times it looks like a light metallic blue. Looks great whatever. Hope you get yours soon, this is our first electric car and it drives beautifully. Very smooth response, great acceleration when you need it.

I read others on this forum did not like the way the braking works in conjunction with the regen, I really like it. I tried out B mode yesterday and hardly had to use the brake at all. My wife didn't like the braking at first but once she got used to it she really liked it.
VW ID3 Family Pro, Steel Wheels, Stonewashed Blue. Registered 2022, Firmware Version 3.0. Wallbox Pulsar Plus charger.
ytshome

Post by ytshome »

The car looks great Jiffie. My wife has the exact same car apart from the wheels. Personally, I think the 58kwh battery in the id3 is the pick of the range and offers proper range without too much extra weight. Her car was noticeably more economical than my first id4 max but I’m guessing the decreased weight of my new car, which is the id4 family, together with the software updates brought by 3.0 has meant the two cars are closer now, even though hers still has the edge. Enjoy.
DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Nice one, enjoy!
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

Jiffie wrote: ↑Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:55 pm Martyn informed us that VW have withdrawn Stonewashed Blue from the colour options, think this is just in the UK. It seems any back orders with this option will be fulfilled but he said that any new orders do not have this option available.

It still shows as an option on the VW web 'Build your own'
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Jiffie

Post by Jiffie »

Bengeo wrote: ↑Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:35 am
Jiffie wrote: ↑Sun Jul 31, 2022 4:55 pm Martyn informed us that VW have withdrawn Stonewashed Blue from the colour options, think this is just in the UK. It seems any back orders with this option will be fulfilled but he said that any new orders do not have this option available.

It still shows as an option on the VW web 'Build your own'
Yeah, it still shows that option in Build Your Own. All I know is what VW Stirling told me and I have no reason to doubt what they are saying, they are in the business of ordering these cars so should know what is currently available as they are ordering them for customers on a frequent basis.

I guess the only way to find out for sure is to try ordering one and see if this colour is still available.
davidwalton

Post by davidwalton »

Jiffie wrote: ↑Sat Jul 30, 2022 12:19 pm We looked at the Intelligent option but it seems that this does not work with the ID models yet, so will possibly revisit this option in the future should this change.
After some initial fun & games with the Octopus app, I now have the VW ID.3 charging via the Ohme Go charger, controlled by Intelligent Octopus - and while still early days, all seems to be working fine!
71 / 2021 ID.3 Life Pro Performance, Glacier White, Andoya Wheels
Ohme Go Smart cable / Intelligent Octopus tariff- Octopus Β£50 bonus referral link: https://share.octopus.energy/steel-goat-168