New user settings notification

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
SuperHanz

Post by SuperHanz »

I recently picked up my ID.3 pro performance, and after a couple of days started getting a notification a minute or so after starting the car saying new user settings were available. If I accept this, it resets a lot of my settings and preferences (then still comes back up next time I restart the car) if I cancel it, it just keeps coming back.
Has anyone had this issue and know the cause/solution?

mathcrabby

Post by mathcrabby »

I don't have it quite as frequently as you, but do fairly regularly get the notification about new user settings. I accept and it goes away for that drive. First time I noticed it actually changing something was yesterday when I had air con turned off and accepting the settings turned it back.

Are you on 3.0?
Lecoche

Post by Lecoche »

I get it all the time too. Click "accept" and carry on. Not sure if anything gets reset as the software is as buggy as heck but it's very annoying having to keep dismissing messages before you drive off.
Mark V

Post by Mark V »

It really is. I have to set up passenger door mirror down and colour (colour 1) of the internal lighting before every trip as it defaults to 'off' and white. I had thought there was a 'save' button that I was not seeing but apparently not. I'm on 3.0 software.

By the way - I cant figure out why there is a 'Colour 1' and a 'Colour 2' options under that setting. I love this car but it is quite challenging in certain aspects.
Last edited by Mark V on Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2022 (22 plate) Pure performance 150PS - Moonstone Grey (cancelled order), standard spec.
Now Sold!!
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Starting to sound like 'mirror dip' is more buggered in 3.0 than it was originally..
Lecoche

Post by Lecoche »

I get that annoying message too. On mine, once I accept the new user settings the air-con is turned off and I suspect the reversing mirror position is also reset but I can't confirm this (slightly off-topic :) ).

All I know is that in order to activate the reversing mirror action I have to flick the mirror dial to the left - every time I want to use it. On my Seat Leon it remembered how you left it but it had a mechanical rotary switch so it looks like VW have to fix it with software. Then there's hope! (not).
Markmi12345

Post by Markmi12345 »

Mine does this too, tried everything and can’t resolve it, VW aren’t interested as say it’s an issue in software 3.0
fatman

Post by fatman »

Markmi12345 wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 5:33 pm Mine does this too, tried everything and can’t resolve it, VW aren’t interested as say it’s an issue in software 3.0
:D :D :D :D :D
Max PRO Moonstone Grey August 2021. Software v3.2 [dealership]
ar76

Post by ar76 »

SuperHanz wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:03 pm I recently picked up my ID.3 pro performance, and after a couple of days started getting a notification a minute or so after starting the car saying new user settings were available. If I accept this, it resets a lot of my settings and preferences (then still comes back up next time I restart the car) if I cancel it, it just keeps coming back.
Has anyone had this issue and know the cause/solution?
I have a new ID.3 (2023 model) that I've had about a week. Mine is fixed at version 3.2 and does this. It resets a lot of settings, moves my seat slightly and the air conditioning switches off