18" Continental tyre wear

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Lots of experience gets shared with Bridgestones but I haven't seen anyone else reporting wear levels with these, so here is a data point if interested.
I measured our tyres (roughly) after 3500 miles and all four tyres were between 5 and 6 mm (the rears closer to 5 and the fronts closer to 6).
I just measured them again after 6800 miles, the fronts are now at about 5mm and the rears around 4.5mm (left rear slightly more worn than right for some reason, maybe down close to 4mm at the shallowest bit).

So on the negative side, they obviously start with fairly shallow tread a bit like the Bridgestones. On the positive side, wear doesn't seem as bad as some have reported for the Bridgestones, and not as biased to the rear as I'd thought it might be. I'd hope to get between 15000 and 20000 miles before changing them, which isn't great but I've had worse.

I haven't had many opportunities for B road driving on them, it's mostly a combination of motorway and urban miles, but I do like to use the power quite often.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Might be worth rotating fronts to backs soon to even out that wear, if you font mind paying for 4 tyres at once.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Yep, I think that's probably a good idea in another few months.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Jonr37

Post by Jonr37 »

My car has the Bridgestone turanzas on east Derry wheels

8000 miles in. Tyres need changing
Blackeunos

Post by Blackeunos »

I managed to get to just over 10k miles on Bridgestones, they did look to be getting low on the rear.

I changed all four for some Goodyear efficientgrip... that came with a free Cupra Born... expensive for tyres mind!
2016-2021 - Nissan Leaf Tekna 24
Sept 21-Jul 22- VW ID.3 Life Pro Moonstone
July 22 on - Cupra Born V1, Vapor grey, Tech Pack L, 19" Typhoon alloys
Hoppy

Post by Hoppy »

We managed 32k on the Conti’s
Have not replaced with another set as unfortunately we had gash the sidewall of one and couldn’t get hold of much else !
Happy with the Conti’s
1st Edition Makena Turquoise Metallic
2.4 update complete