2.4 update and battery replacement

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Albertlondon

Post by Albertlondon »

chrisfs wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:40 am I wish you luck with that G43FAN but have we heard of anyone who has had the job completed within the one day?
Mine was done in a day, although they did originally tell me that they would need it for two.
Max Pro Performance ordered Nov 21
Stonewashed Blue
Steel wheels
Build week 46 2021, model year 22
Delivered 16/6/22

duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

We had ours in the garage last week, because on our 7KW charger it now only charges at 1 to 3.

When I booked it in originally, they told me that ‘my car didn’t have any updates due’. I was on V2.3. So I was surprised when I arrived at the garage that they said they needed to keep the car until the following evening.
Following evening arrives … no car. Call the dealer :’ we have been having some problems; we need until tomorrow lunchtime’.

Needless to say when ‘tomorrow lunchtime’ arrived car still not finished. I really needed the car back because I was due to drive 1000km to Italy and already delayed it 1 day.

Garage told me that they had tried 4 times with ‘2 software updates’ and each time it bugged.

So car now booked in for early September, and they can have it for a week… hope for better things.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
mergwyn

Post by mergwyn »

ProstetnicVogonJeltz wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:14 pm Further to my post about lost charging location settings, I've now been advised by VW that this behaviour is known and understood, at least by VW themselves. Apparently the in-dealer update operation doesn't finish the job - the Infotainment unit will continue to update (OTA probably) for "some time" thereafter. It appears to update in chunks, and each time, it erases the data...
When pressed, the agent said it was "most likely" a few days rather than a week, but it would resolve itself eventually.
I suggested it might be sensible to actually tell customers about this rather than leave them frustrated. Apparently no one at VW had thought of this simple but effective idea. So you heard it here first!
This just doesn’t make any sense! I had my 2.4 update 3 weeks ago and I’m still losing locations and I’ve only see the WeCharge app and minor bugs update. I can set up a new location in my garage and the location will disappear overnight without the car being used!
macpaul

Post by macpaul »

sidehaas wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 5:10 pm
Interesting - mine has never had a partial swipe function - before the update, one way went to full close and one to full open, it wasn't possible to stop it halfway from the slider (I didn't realise there was a control on the screen somewhere). Maybe it has a fault.
Mine works using your swipe & hold technique but the control via the infotainment screen (vehicle > interior > roof) gives an error “Sorry, this function is currently unavailable”.

So it sounds like a software issue but it’s not affecting everyone after the update.
Family Pro Performance, Jan 22
maccyj

Post by maccyj »

Got my Tour back Thursday morning thankfully, the dealership had it a week. Seems fine though, so far!
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

chrisfs wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:34 pm Thanks all for replies about the battery, I will let you know how it goes. Either way…
Got mine back today. It was done, just, by the end of the second day, and with some effort I could have potentially collected it then, but it suited both sides to leave it until this morning.

No evident problem so far, and the sunroof blind one swipe control works as before to open or close in one go.

Given some comments on here I went to connect to WeConnect in the car and it said it was unavailable and to try later. But I can see the car in my WeConnect id app on my phone, so doesn’t that mean it is already connected, as it was before?

Chris
Stelvis95

Post by Stelvis95 »

duckworthsj wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:56 am We had ours in the garage last week, because on our 7KW charger it now only charges at 1 to 3.

When I booked it in originally, they told me that ‘my car didn’t have any updates due’. I was on V2.3. So I was surprised when I arrived at the garage that they said they needed to keep the car until the following evening.
Following evening arrives … no car. Call the dealer :’ we have been having some problems; we need until tomorrow lunchtime’.

Needless to say when ‘tomorrow lunchtime’ arrived car still not finished. I really needed the car back because I was due to drive 1000km to Italy and already delayed it 1 day.

Garage told me that they had tried 4 times with ‘2 software updates’ and each time it bugged.

So car now booked in for early September, and they can have it for a week… hope for better things.
Mine has the 2.4 update a couple of weeks ago but since I've had the car I can only achieve up to 4kw charge when the charge was scheduled by the charger.

Of course the in car scheduler and locations does not work. Mine is booked in to the dealer next week to look at the charging issue but I was wondering whether yours has been fixed or not?
Cheers

Id3 max pro performance scale silver
ID.3 Max 58KWh Pro Performance 204PS Scale Silver (May 2022 v2.4)
Ohme Home charger.
Pod Point Solus 3
scurry

Post by scurry »

mergwyn wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:07 pm This just doesn’t make any sense! I had my 2.4 update 3 weeks ago and I’m still losing locations and I’ve only see the WeCharge app and minor bugs update. I can set up a new location in my garage and the location will disappear overnight without the car being used!
Me too.. good to know I'm not going doo lally..
It did stick last week but now there're no saved locations... Just driven to shops and back, I didn't check they were there before setting off.
I like the car but there's so much I don't know... It's a lease car dropped off by delivery .. "here's the key, sign here". Getting to the online manual is carp.. entering VIN every time..
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

If you are waiting for the first glut of updates to be done and for VW to refine their technique - it may be worth booking now...

So having had my July 15th update cancelled by Inchcape Stockport (as they hadn’t done any then…) I phoned up today to re-arrange.

November 28th was the earliest appointment they had!! 😱 with or without car.

thankfully they managed to book me in for late Sept at their Trafford workshop (same distance for me). Just one day. With car.

just as well I chased it up rather than carry on waiting for my rearranged appointment….
Sherlock

Post by Sherlock »

I have managed to get a slot for my postponed update on 22 Aug but outside of that the next available appointments at my dealer are in October.

If you wanted to have the benefits of improved winter range probably worth getting a slot booked as soon as you can.

The dealer said they have done a few now and whether it takes a second day or not depends how up to date the current software is. I have 2.3 so hope mine might be just a day.
Mikster

Post by Mikster »

Might be just a glitch for me but worth noting if you are booked in. Had the 2.4 update late last week which seemed to go smoothly. However, my wife went out this morning in the car with her set of keys and they are not working - have tried to resync to no avail. Dealer suggesting that the key needs completely recoding....might be coincidence but could be worth taking both sets of keys with you when you take it into the dealer to save the bother!
Family Pro Performance, Moonstone Grey, East Derry Alloys, Bike Hitch
Ordered - 31/7/21
Confirmed Build Week - 46
Delivery - 14/1/22
ksoni94

Post by ksoni94 »

My car went in yesterday morning for the update. Not heard anything back yet and asked for a callback about two hours ago but nothing has come. Im hoping my car comes back today as they said it would 😅
I.D 3 Family Pro - Order placed 26.07.21 - Picked up 20.02.22
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Mikster wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:05 am Might be just a glitch for me but worth noting if you are booked in. Had the 2.4 update late last week which seemed to go smoothly. However, my wife went out this morning in the car with her set of keys and they are not working - have tried to resync to no avail. Dealer suggesting that the key needs completely recoding....might be coincidence but could be worth taking both sets of keys with you when you take it into the dealer to save the bother!
When I had my 'sos' module replaced earlier in the year I had to take both keys in with me...
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Mikster wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 11:05 am Might be just a glitch for me but worth noting if you are booked in. Had the 2.4 update late last week which seemed to go smoothly. However, my wife went out this morning in the car with her set of keys and they are not working - have tried to resync to no avail. Dealer suggesting that the key needs completely recoding....might be coincidence but could be worth taking both sets of keys with you when you take it into the dealer to save the bother!
That’s a good call, thank you. Has anyone else noticed this, or just not noticed - yet?
simonmaskell

Post by simonmaskell »

Checked the second key just now, works ok
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

simonmaskell wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 2:54 pm Checked the second key just now, works ok
Mine too
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

We only took one set of keys to the dealer for our update and both still work, but I've seen at least one other person on the Facebook group saying that their dealers had requested they leave both sets.

It might fix it if left in the cupholder with the key symbol for a while? I can't remember the exact procedure.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
rawws

Post by rawws »

Dropped mine off yesterday morning will see how it goes
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
moonstomp

Post by moonstomp »

I booked mine in on Monday at Bristol and the earliest they could do was Jan 19th 2023.
Hope it's worth it!
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I had mine booked for the 26th July but dealer cancelled on me. Spoke to them yesterday and they say they have 3 ID.3's stuck in the workshop as they are having problems updating them. They have only had 1 successful update and that was on an ID.4.
So rang around dealers and the quickest I could get it booked in for is the 4th October.
Lets hope they don't cancel on me.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus