Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Jaylow wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:55 pm Your dealer will just say take it or leave it. There's no fighting it unfortunately its the UK government that took it away not the dealer or VW. Have a look at what other countries are getting in the way of grants.
True. Mind you I think it’s more to do with the price we got our car for. A family pro performance for £30k might be the issue for us!
Even with the grant added back to the price they sold it to us it would still be way below the price they could get for it now !
So we can keep the order going then they up the PCP to cover the extra cost.
I’m sure that’s why they are trying to get us to cancel the order.
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***

Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Grants for PiCG-eligible vehicles ordered before 30 September 2021 to be honoured
• VW0947-22 08 AUG 2022
Volkswagen UK will honour customer grants on vehicles ordered before Friday 30 September 2021 as we await a Government decision on whether the 12-month deadline will be extended to 18 months. Vehicles must have been ordered correctly in the OZEV portal and be identifiable based on the SLI order number (inputted into the OZEV ‘order number’ field).

That’s what we had everyone
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

Compare to today's prices vw are losing thousands on cars sold before the turn of the year. They want us to cancel. How can an order placed in october take 6 months longer than an order placed in september? Unless they are deliberately delaying these orders. Something isn't right. No one can come close to the price I am going to pay for my id3.
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

All the manufacturers will be colluding to artificially raise the prices. VW are hoping delaying some orders will allow them to claw back some of the profit they will lose out on. They want us to cancel don't let them of the hook folks
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

Maybe the next step from VW will be to cancel the orders themselves. Which they could do if they stop making that model or any other excuse they want to make up. I'm bracing myself for something like that.
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Tom_1985 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:22 pm
lunajai wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:01 pm Am I allowed a pity party post, please?

1 year and 9 days since I ordered and I still have no clue when my car is coming. I was told by dealership the grant was good til October. I can’t seem to get a meaningful update from them at the moment.

According to the spreadsheet I ordered my ID.3 the seventh longest ago. I did an update a few weeks ago but think it has been missed. Three of the people ahead of me haven’t updated since April.

I’ve tried hassling customer care, the dealership and I haven’t had an update since May. Status zero for 3.5 months. The emails from customer care were the last straw for me really, I’ve fully lost my patience. They have absolutely no respect or care for their customers.

I am so very angry—particularly at the lack of assurance we are being given around the grant.

My second car was a MK4 Golf GTI it was 13 years old and cost £1750, I loved it. I felt so proud to buy my dream VW last year, but it has just turned into lies and disappointment. VW will have no further custom from me. I can see why people are getting them and flipping them it’s been such a stressful and upsetting process.
We had it confirmed by our dealer the other day that the official line from VW is that cars ordered before 31/09/21 will be honoured, anything after that if it’s not delivered within 12 months won’t be,

We’re lucky as we ordered 04/08/22 so it’s a relief, but feel sorry for people that ordered from 1st Oct 😞
Who is your dealer? Heritage Bristol told me 09.08.21 was the cutoff so I am keen to find out why VW treat them differently
Family Pro, Stonewashed Blue, East Derry Alloys
ID3 ordered 30 Sep 2021
Order no 314846**
Build week 50 (2021) -delayed to build week 44 (2022) (Heritage Bristol)
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

The cut off point should be 12 months after the government pulled the plug. Which would be June 2023?
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Klaus wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:38 pm
Tom_1985 wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:22 pm
lunajai wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:01 pm Am I allowed a pity party post, please?

1 year and 9 days since I ordered and I still have no clue when my car is coming. I was told by dealership the grant was good til October. I can’t seem to get a meaningful update from them at the moment.

According to the spreadsheet I ordered my ID.3 the seventh longest ago. I did an update a few weeks ago but think it has been missed. Three of the people ahead of me haven’t updated since April.

I’ve tried hassling customer care, the dealership and I haven’t had an update since May. Status zero for 3.5 months. The emails from customer care were the last straw for me really, I’ve fully lost my patience. They have absolutely no respect or care for their customers.

I am so very angry—particularly at the lack of assurance we are being given around the grant.

My second car was a MK4 Golf GTI it was 13 years old and cost £1750, I loved it. I felt so proud to buy my dream VW last year, but it has just turned into lies and disappointment. VW will have no further custom from me. I can see why people are getting them and flipping them it’s been such a stressful and upsetting process.
We had it confirmed by our dealer the other day that the official line from VW is that cars ordered before 31/09/21 will be honoured, anything after that if it’s not delivered within 12 months won’t be,

We’re lucky as we ordered 04/08/22 so it’s a relief, but feel sorry for people that ordered from 1st Oct 😞
Who is your dealer? Heritage Bristol told me 09.08.21 was the cutoff so I am keen to find out why VW treat them differently
I have a feeling that dealerships are treating it case by case. Before world events they would have probably made the cars before the grant ran out.
Now it would seem cars after a cutoff point they’ve set themselves they will try and make people cancel .
They could quite easily cancel the order saying we don’t make this particular model anymore as it has been pointed out.
I know a few people having orders cancelled by other car manufacturers.
Problem for the dealers is there are signed contracts.
Chatting to my wife we worked out that due to the fact our pcp payments were set so low that we could afford the additional £2.5 k as it still would be way below what the cars cost now!
I’m sure they are desperate for people to cancel.
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

Also it's not as if they are struggling to sell their cars. They are struggling to make them quick enough. They are hoping we jump before they have to act and cut their losses I think.
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

Squeaky bum week for me and I suspect other Family Pro Performance buyers as this is week 34 and the week that our cars go into production. For me that gives VW three weeks to build and register my car before the 12 month period is up, if the info above is correct that gives them five weeks.
They priced the Family PP just below the Summer 2021 threshold deliberately and that was a good move as it ensured a good flow of orders which at the time was achievable, clearly since then things have not gone their way. If the extension of the grant period to the end of September is correct then they have more chance of delivering those Family PP models and hopefully keeping both existing (and possibly return) customers happy along with dealers. Both dealers and VW know that the Family PP model was extremely good value with the grant and VWFS £1.75k deposit contribution and those cars will hold their value very well which will benefit the dealers in the long term when they come back onto the market. My own view is that Tour and Max buyers are being sacrificed as those cars are getting into the price range of Polestar and Tesla and VW may have taken the strategic view that if they lose those long term customers to other manufacturers that that is a price to pay. They are putting the ID3 range at a price bracket which is far short of what those two models were advertised as and this may be the VAG ethos to aim at the slightly lower end of the EV market following the Folks Wagon ethos and leave the more expensive models to Audi etc.
Of course I could be way off the mark but I have had nearly a year to think about it.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
Xander054

Post by Xander054 »

Another week 34 family pro performance.

Just received this from the dealer;

“ Your order is showing a confirmed build week of week 34, which is 22nd to 28th August.

So you are aware vehicles aren’t always built within the week they are confirmed into, on our VW system it does not show if a vehicle in in production, it will only update once production has been fully completed.”

Doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence but here’s hoping the car will be built on time and arrive in the UK within 4 weeks or so??

It’s not panic stations for me till the end of October so here’s hoping it all works out 😬
ID3 Family Pro Performance
White with Andoya wheels
Transport hitch

The JCB Group
Order confirmed 28/10/21
Build week 34 2022
Order number 3151****
Status - 30 1/10/2022, 38 21/10/2022
Turquoise

Post by Turquoise »

Xander054 wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:37 am Another week 34 family pro performance.

Just received this from the dealer;

“ Your order is showing a confirmed build week of week 34, which is 22nd to 28th August.

So you are aware vehicles aren’t always built within the week they are confirmed into, on our VW system it does not show if a vehicle in in production, it will only update once production has been fully completed.”

Doesn’t exactly fill me with confidence but here’s hoping the car will be built on time and arrive in the UK within 4 weeks or so??

It’s not panic stations for me till the end of October so here’s hoping it all works out 😬
Oh, I just emailed Marshalls this morning to ask if the car started build on time last week. Guess I won't know for a little while longer...
Family PP (Turquoise with East Derry alloys)
Ordered Oct '21 (Tusker/Marshall Fleet)
Built '22 wk33, delivered wk41

Zappi 7kW Black tethered
4.5kWp solar with 7.5kWh battery

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/sunny-sun-45
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Update from me. As I mentioned in the MY23 thread, I've had WD1 updated to WD3 and RD5 updated to RD6 to upgrade me to MY23.

Gone from Status 00 to Status 10: 2023 Week 4.

image.png

Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

Xander my order number is a 3151 also exactly the same car as yours without the transport hitch. I was told build week 3 2023. I just don't understand why same colour same motor same varient and yet 5 months apart. Got to be profit margins
Xander054

Post by Xander054 »

Jaylow wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 11:15 am Xander my order number is a 3151 also exactly the same car as yours without the transport hitch. I was told build week 3 2023. I just don't understand why same colour same motor same varient and yet 5 months apart. Got to be profit margins

Yeh it’s ridiculous, there has been talk of certain high volume dealers getting priority but I’m not sure TBH.
ID3 Family Pro Performance
White with Andoya wheels
Transport hitch

The JCB Group
Order confirmed 28/10/21
Build week 34 2022
Order number 3151****
Status - 30 1/10/2022, 38 21/10/2022
Grumps

Post by Grumps »

Emailed dealer this morning. As I have been holding on week 34 fore a few months albeit code 10
He has replied, to say I am still showing as week 34 so he is keeping his fingers crossed as well.
Hoping nothing goes wrong as this could be good news for outstanding max and tours.
ID.3 Tour pro S 77 kwh Scale Silver

Ordered 15 Aug 2021
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Grumps wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 12:41 pm Emailed dealer this morning. As I have been holding on week 34 fore a few months albeit code 10
He has replied, to say I am still showing as week 34 so he is keeping his fingers crossed as well.
Hoping nothing goes wrong as this could be good news for outstanding max and tours.
This is very encouraging, although I have no build week. Maybe my dealership isn't forthcoming with info in case dates change. (Just a thought)
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
knade

Post by knade »

DickieBoy wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:30 pm
Dbaron wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:00 pm On daily mail, data source Electrifying.com.

Estimated waiting times for 34 of the most popular new electric cars

​Audi e-tron: 18 months

Audi Q4 e-tron: 18 months

​BMW i4: 9-12 months

BMW iX: 3 months

​Citroen e-C4: 3 months

​Cupra Born: 3 months

​DS 3 Crossback E-Tense: 4 months

​Fiat 500e: 5-6 months

​Ford Mustang Mach-E: 9-12 months

​Hyundai Ioniq5: 7 months

Hyundai Kona: 2 months

​Jaguar I - Pace: up to 6 months

​Kia Niro EV: 3-6 months

​Kia EV6: 12-15 months

​Kia Soul: 12 months

​Lexus UX300e: 12 months

​Mazda MX-30: up to six months

​Mini Electric: 6-9 months

​Nissan Leaf: 5 months+

Nissan Ariya: 7 months

Peugeot e208: 6 months

Peugeot e2008: 6 months

​Polestar 2: 6-8 months

​Porsche Taycan: 12 months

Renault Zoe: 3-4 months

​Skoda Enyaq: 18 months

​Tesla Model S: 18-24 months (NO PRODUCTION)

​Tesla Model X: 18-24 months (NO PRODUCTION)

​Tesla Model 3: 6-9 months

Tesla Model Y: 3-6 months

​Vauxhall Corsa-e: 3-4 months

​Vauxhall Mokka-e: 3-4 months

​Volkswagen ID.3: 12-18 months

​Volkswagen ID.4: 7.5 months

Big difference between Id.3 and born.......
Can only assume the Born will get a lot worse very soon once the initial batch are sold but maybe not.

Got an invoice with a vin and a reg for the car today so assume it's in the country or even at the dealers. Need to wait for the finance to come through from EST transport loans Scotland now.
What order number range where you on Dickie?
Jaylow

Post by Jaylow »

The above list of available cars only the vauxhalls, the mini, the citroen and the zoe could I afford to get. Non of them I would want I'm afraid.
DickieBoy

Post by DickieBoy »

knade wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 4:06 pm

What order number range where you on Dickie?
3156.... With that and a late November order date it does seem surprising that the car is built. Wasn't any mention of it being an order already in the system. Seems like I have just got lucky. The sales person at the dealership mentioned at the beginning of the year that my order seemed to be ahead of others and he had no idea why. Only thing he could think of was that it's the lower power motor.
Family Pro owner (Sept 22)