Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

And despite all this, VW keep sending emails extolling the virtues of the ID4 and 5. So the publicity department is more productive than the PR department who managed 2 updates in 12 months.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022

Skippy

Post by Skippy »

After over 9 months of complete silence (other than the occasional text saying that no build week is available) I got an email from Motorfinity last week asking about registration details. After a couple of follow up phone calls, it appears that our ID3 is already in the UK and will be delivered mid to late September. You could have knocked me down with a feather! :o
It is so long since we test drove the car I can barely remember what we liked about it; can't wait to refresh my memory!
I don't blame the dealer at all for the lack of information; they can only pass on what they get from VW, whose planning and communication have been abysmal throughout the whole process.
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Ordered 26 Nov 2021
Listers Nuneaton
Order No: 31568xxx
Build week : Unconfirmed
Delivered: 23 Sept 22
White Zappi 7kW - Tethered
TwyRob

Post by TwyRob »

TwyRob wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 6:41 pm
TwyRob wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:20 am My delivery date is now expected to be 13th Feb 2023

68 weeks from ordering. Not happy!
My lease company has offered KIA Niro EV3 that is currently in transit with arrival of November predicted.

I have cancelled my ID3 to take them up on it, as long as it is still available for Nov delivery when they process my email.

I will save less money compared to my piston engined car but £200 a month savings from Nov with the KIA are better than £350 a month savings that might never come with the VW.

For clarity, my petrol car is a 2.8 v6 that does 27mpg and takes 99RON. I do 15000 miles a year. Fuel costs are huge!

Thanks all for the insights. It helped me to decide what to do.
Scrap that! They ran out of Kias so kept my VW order live and I will continue waiting for that.

My car leasing company is about as good as VW right now when it comes to supplying cars.

This has been an interesting first foray into the easy world of car leasing...
Max Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise
Ordered 26/10/21
Delivered 21st April 2023
knade

Post by knade »

Skippy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:08 am After over 9 months of complete silence (other than the occasional text saying that no build week is available) I got an email from Motorfinity last week asking about registration details. After a couple of follow up phone calls, it appears that our ID3 is already in the UK and will be delivered mid to late September. You could have knocked me down with a feather! :o
It is so long since we test drove the car I can barely remember what we liked about it; can't wait to refresh my memory!
I don't blame the dealer at all for the lack of information; they can only pass on what they get from VW, whose planning and communication have been abysmal throughout the whole process.
Thats good news, hopefully they get it to you when they state, though can't help but be more angry about how you get a 3156 before a 3155 order, although mine is a family pro (non performance), moonstone grey also, with east derrys and its still week 47.
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

It's going to be interesting seeing if people that have ordered their cars after the August cut off for the Grant VW communicated actually get the £2.5k
I have a feeling dealerships have been told to try and get customers to cancel.
The fact my dealership is now taking orders for ID5's before even honouring the ID3 orders says it all to me.....
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
Daveion

Post by Daveion »

Andy1966 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:55 am It's going to be interesting seeing if people that have ordered their cars after the August cut off for the Grant VW communicated actually get the £2.5k
The fact my dealership is now taking orders for ID5's before even honouring the ID3 orders says it all to me.....
Vertu have advised my that the grant will not be available once I pass the 12 month mark on the 9th of September. Although I now have the Born I am holding on in case its still viable cost wise to replace my old Z4.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
lewisj

Post by lewisj »

Skippy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 9:08 am After over 9 months of complete silence (other than the occasional text saying that no build week is available) I got an email from Motorfinity last week asking about registration details. After a couple of follow up phone calls, it appears that our ID3 is already in the UK and will be delivered mid to late September. You could have knocked me down with a feather! :o
Congrats! Listers haven't contacted me about my more recent order :cry:
Family Pro, Manganese Grey, East Derry, ordered 20/10/2021, 31508xxx, Listers, confirmed build week 39.
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

They didn’t contact me; I had to call them.
Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Ordered 26 Nov 2021
Listers Nuneaton
Order No: 31568xxx
Build week : Unconfirmed
Delivered: 23 Sept 22
White Zappi 7kW - Tethered
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

Andy1966 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 10:55 am It's going to be interesting seeing if people that have ordered their cars after the August cut off for the Grant VW communicated actually get the £2.5k
What's this August cutoff? The last thing I saw in this thread was a communication to dealers saying they would honour cars ordered before September 30th.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
knade

Post by knade »

mediaguy wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:28 pm
What's this August cutoff? The last thing I saw in this thread was a communication to dealers saying they would honour cars ordered before September 30th.
Was going to ask what's this about this September 30th? WTF is with them taking orders which include the grant for months past this, especially at the 2.5k grant rate?
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Exactly, that was the official line from VW, my dealer sent me that from the bulletin that they received,

So I have no idea where this august thing is coming from. All vehicles ordered before 30/09/21 are being honoured by VW, until the news of the 6 month requested extension comes back from UK Gov.

So I honestly don’t understand the confusion.

My dealer have been fantastic though, it seems a lot of them don’t know their arse from their elbow
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

Remember the old advert before British Telecom was privatised featured the expression "It's good to talk", maybe VW should adopt it ? Deafening silence as far as I see it, VW don't talk to the dealers and certainly not to the customers and the dealers find it difficult talking to the customers.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
Andy1966

Post by Andy1966 »

Tom_1985 wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 1:35 pm

Exactly, that was the official line from VW, my dealer sent me that from the bulletin that they received,

So I have no idea where this august thing is coming from. All vehicles ordered before 30/09/21 are being honoured by VW, until the news of the 6 month requested extension comes back from UK Gov.

So I honestly don’t understand the confusion.

My dealer have been fantastic though, it seems a lot of them don’t know their arse from their elbow
Mine have been useless, they showed us this bulletin and said that was their evidence to not give us the grant.
I suspect if the car arrives they will make a big thing about pulling strings to give us the grant....
As I've said elsewhere they keep saying we will buy the car off you, very suspect.
Seems dealers are so different no consistency.
Ordered 31st Oct 2021 - Family Pro Performance
Original delivery date 31/04/2022 now 12/01/2023
Updated build date Wk 50
Finally collected 21/01/23
Order number 31064***
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Some good news, production has been brought forwards 3 week to week 38, 19th September 2022.
Status code now 20.

Hopefully it’ll be here to still apply for the grant??
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
knade

Post by knade »

ag-indie wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:35 pm Some good news, production has been brought forwards 3 week to week 38, 19th September 2022.
Status code now 20.

Hopefully it arrives in time for it, my dealer told me at the weekend that its the registration date of the car that determines if its grant eligible I guess, but I'm not sure if it physically needs to be in the country for that to happen or they can pre-empt it while its sitting on a car transporter coming over as they would have the VIN etc already.
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

knade wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:38 pm
ag-indie wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 2:35 pm Some good news, production has been brought forwards 3 week to week 38, 19th September 2022.
Status code now 20.

Hopefully it arrives in time for it, my dealer told me at the weekend that its the registration date of the car that determines if its grant eligible I guess, but I'm not sure if it physically needs to be in the country for that to happen or they can pre-empt it while its sitting on a car transporter coming over as they would have the VIN etc already.
That was the vibe I got from my dealer, with less than three weeks to the expiration and no sign that it was built when it should have been, that might turn out to be academical anyway.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

Status code now 20.

Same as mine mate 😊
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

knade wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 4:38 pm
Status code now 20.

The car needs to be consigned into the UK but technically they could be registered at that point. Dealers don’t tend to like doing it purely that they havnt at that point had a chance to check the vehicle over for and factory/transport damage and de-registering a car following a customer rejecting it is or was a painful process.

Given the circumstances if it was the difference of getting the grant or them having to stump up the grant money I’m the form of further discount I’m pretty sure they would move heaven and earth to register that car in time! 🤣
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
dsmith

Post by dsmith »

Today is the 1 year anniversary of my order for a Tour, for Nov build and Dec delivery. Was originally told it was an existing order I picked up on, so they were confident of the delivery.

I feel like cake. Perhaps I’ll make a mug cake later. #facepalm

No update from dealer past the last one, still week 48, however felt it appropriate to celebrate my special day lol.
FusFlash

Post by FusFlash »

Good news for me today. The car has been built in week 34 (22-28/08) and is on it's way to Emden.
It is possible that it will arrive before 12 months from the order will pass which is 6 weeks from now.
Family Pro, White, infotainment plus
Ordered 11/10/2021