2.4 update and battery replacement

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 »

My tour pro was there for 10 days ,kept crashing and they had to wait for VW headquarters to get back to them ,but Brighton caffyns VW have been good,they paid for my fuel in the courtesy car and insurance.It will get done but they need to give you a loan car as this is VW recall .

G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

phixion wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:27 am
I have been given a Taigo courtesy car, never heard of it before.

It feels rather sluggish in comparison to my ID.3, even feels sluggish compared to my 68 Golf. It has a physical handbrake instead of electronic, so also doesn't have auto hold, which is weird in a R-Line car in 2022.
Tell US about it.. We had to replace my Wife's Golf and ended up with an R line (150) Taigo, we didn't realise until we picked it up there was no Auto Hold? R-line DSG No Auto Hold.. seriously, I think it's a game VW execs are playing.. What random feature can we mess with on thos one? The We Connect app doecn't do profiles on the Taigo either, so not expecting much of 3.0 on the ID. I quite like the Taogp to be honest and it goes well enouogh if you floor it but Petrol doesn't have that Diesel/EV early torque so you feel like your forcing it.

On Topic, my ID.3 has gone in today, I have a Golf Courtesy car which I honestly thought was a Polo until 'Id driven to work from the dealer and saw the GOLF badge on the back. Felt really small.
AlistairL

Post by AlistairL »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:50 am On Topic, my ID.3 has gone in today, I have a Golf Courtesy car which I honestly thought was a Polo until 'Id driven to work from the dealer and saw the GOLF badge on the back. Felt really small.
Mk8 or Mk7.5 ? - I noticed the size difference between the ID.3 and my 2019 Golf even after a week with the ID.3 - we tried the new Mk8 Golf before the ID.3 and it seems to have shrunk since ours.

What they say about the extra space in the ID.3 is all true and being tall makes a real difference to my driving position. But I am OT twice - asking about the Golf and my ID.3 should be delivered with v3 and the updated battery (when it comes)..

A.
ID.3 Life Pro Performance
Glacier White & East Derry Wheels
Ordered 17th March 2022
Build Week 10
Collected from Western Volkswagen Fort Kinnaird on 01 April 2023
phixion

Post by phixion »

Day 2, got a call from Inchcape Telford to inform me their computers were down again and they were waiting on IT.

They have kept my car and are hoping to do it tomorrow.

I still have this Taigo, honestly not sure if it is the 1.0L, it certainly feels like it. Absolutely no power, if you put your foot down it has huge lag and then the engine sounds like it's going to rattle out of the bodywork, sounds more like a Diesel to be honest. Then it has a strange sound/feeling as if the engine is going to stall when you ease off power at low speed.

Not a great car, the worst VW I've ever driven and I've had 5 Golfs and an ID.3 over the years! Quite astonishing that an R-Line would come without e-handbrake and auto hold.

Before I got my ID.3 there was a Golf parked next to one in the showroom, I couldn't quite believe how much the ID.3 dwarfed the Golf.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
phixion

Post by phixion »

Day 3, car is done. Computer was down at dealer for the first 2 days.

The update went through first time apparently, the mechanic has never seen that happen before. They said there were no WiFi dropouts either.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Glacier White Metallic Flat Black | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | BP Pulse Home Charger
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

G43FAN wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:50 am
phixion wrote: Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:27 am
I have been given a Taigo courtesy car, never heard of it before.

It feels rather sluggish in comparison to my ID.3, even feels sluggish compared to my 68 Golf. It has a physical handbrake instead of electronic, so also doesn't have auto hold, which is weird in a R-Line car in 2022.
Tell US about it.. We had to replace my Wife's Golf and ended up with an R line (150) Taigo, we didn't realise until we picked it up there was no Auto Hold? R-line DSG No Auto Hold.. seriously, I think it's a game VW execs are playing.. What random feature can we mess with on thos one? The We Connect app doecn't do profiles on the Taigo either, so not expecting much of 3.0 on the ID. I quite like the Taogp to be honest and it goes well enouogh if you floor it but Petrol doesn't have that Diesel/EV early torque so you feel like your forcing it.

On Topic, my ID.3 has gone in today, I have a Golf Courtesy car which I honestly thought was a Polo until 'Id driven to work from the dealer and saw the GOLF badge on the back. Felt really small.
not to one up - ours pro max is in and i was given a base model polo - gutless manual bag of spanner’s ! picking my baby back up tomorrow!
phixion

Post by phixion »

billybobb2019 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:16 pm not to one up - ours pro max is in and i was given a base model polo - gutless manual bag of spanner’s ! picking my baby back up tomorrow!
I would have preferred a Polo to be honest, at least they are an established model at this point, the Taigo just sits in no mans land--it isn't one thing or the other. It's a mishmash of a hatchback and SUV and it suffers for it. It's a pretty big car for a 1.0L too, felt very underpowered.

Believe me, I was so happy to collect my ID.3, it feels amazing in comparison and I was only without in for 3 days. You know how these cheaper cars just feel less "solid" to drive? Makes you appreciate what you have way more!
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

phixion wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:15 pm
billybobb2019 wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:16 pm not to one up - ours pro max is in and i was given a base model polo - gutless manual bag of spanner’s ! picking my baby back up tomorrow!
I would have preferred a Polo to be honest, at least they are an established model at this point, the Taigo just sits in no mans land--it isn't one thing or the other. It's a mishmash of a hatchback and SUV and it suffers for it. It's a pretty big car for a 1.0L too, felt very underpowered.

Believe me, I was so happy to collect my ID.3, it feels amazing in comparison and I was only without in for 3 days. You know how these cheaper cars just feel less "solid" to drive? Makes you appreciate what you have way more!
Im with you - the Polo is just ok but its me the driver that isnt enamoured going back to an ICE- i nearly had 'incidents' twice in it yesterday - coming off the motorway i couldnt fingure out why the car was juddering as i came up to the junction ( forgot to declutch!) as you get used to regen and almost one pedal driving and the brakes on the POLO are fierce compared to the ID3 - lighter car im assuming but it was like learning to drive all over again - im glad you have said that about the Taigo athough s Mrs Billybobb does rather like them but after a couple of days of this petrol car back she said - when are we getting the ID3 back - in 33 years of marriage shes never really been that interested in a car we've had except for how they look - im not a dinosaur thats just how she is LOL
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

well ive got it back - apple carplay wont connect to the phone and weconnect is about an hour behind all the time - anyone else have this? do you think its a delete and reinstall job for the phone and the app? any advice greatfully received :-)
GCR50

Post by GCR50 »

For reference my ID.3 went in at 8.00 am on 1st August (VW Marshall T Wells) and I collected it at 4.00pm on 2nd August.

Absolutely no issues at all.

Although to be fair I haven't noticed any change/difference from 2.3 to 2.4. Everything works as I think it should.

I think the B drive mode offers less aggressive slow down after lifting off (?) and it seems more manageable.

I notice a slight lag to boot up but this has always been the case.

Marshall provided a free hire car for the two days.
Recently sold:
ID.3 Pure (45kw) Scale Silver.
Love the car , disappointed in range.

Now own
Golf 1.4TSI eHybrid
MaxiPriest

Post by MaxiPriest »

rawws wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:37 pm
Newfie wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:09 pm
rawws wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 5:02 pm

noticed when charging public 7kw podpoints i regurlay use and work charger hopefully the DC goes above 100kw am trevelling today 300miles lol

is it an issue or by design 2.4 limits 4kw? 7 and 4 kw makes a huge differnce in terms of charging time.

4kw would need over 13h from low if charging to max 100% which is crazy overnight wont be enough will contact dealer to see what they say
Sorry what I meant to say was I do not think this is a 2.4 issue as there are quite a few of us that suffers from reduced AC charging for some apparent reason and we are not yet on 2.4.
Ok that's weird as the issue on my started after 2.4 was on 2.1 couple weeks ago no issues charging AC was 7kw fine
has this issue been resolved yet on your EV's? I'm still seeing numerous reports of this issue on different chargers. I'm weary of getting the upgrade.
smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

Mine chargers fine art home, 7kw on a PodPoint
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats
Raxacorico

Post by Raxacorico »

All working as normal here on 2.4 with my Zappi Charger
Life Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise - Loen Alloys - June 2021- Zappi Charger - Software v3.2 [dealership]
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

We still have charging issues on our 7,8 KW rated (32Amp) home charger. It seems to only take 1 to 2 KW per hour, so never reaches the target 80% even with overnight charging starting at 20 or 30% battery. I have checked the ‘reduced current settings’ but cannot find the problem.
It has been doing this ‘reduced charge rate’ for a number of months.

By comparison my Mini electric charges normally at home between 6 and 7KW per hour consistently, so it is not our charger.

The VW charges ‘as predicted’ by the chaque curves on the exterior 100KW DC chargers….

Ours has been into the garage twice where on the first occasion during 2 days they failed to achieve the update. The line to the VW server dropped each time they tried. On a second visit they claimed to have success.
HOWEVER when I check the vehicle info and software status it is still showing Software Version 2,3.

Also every few weeks it loses the ‘location’ charge settings I have set up for the house.

I am getting more and more angry with this car, and on the point of handing them back the keys and telling them to screw themselves for the Lease contract.
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun
GCR50

Post by GCR50 »

I'm no expert but it seems to me the dealer needs to do a full wipe and reset.
But I'm only guessing...I'm non techy.
Recently sold:
ID.3 Pure (45kw) Scale Silver.
Love the car , disappointed in range.

Now own
Golf 1.4TSI eHybrid
EssEhJay

Post by EssEhJay »

An anomaly with the 2.4 software is that it shows 2.3 on completion.

You need to look for the software build number which changes from 910 to 912. It's immediately below the 2.3 number.
Jimmybones100

Post by Jimmybones100 »

Anyone knows how clean these marks on plastic my inside my tour? came from the garage after 2.4 and it’s really scratched inside but seems not to go away despite cleaning it .

ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS | Grey | 19" Andoya Black Alloy Wheels | Ohme Home Charge
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

Raxacorico wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 6:15 pm All working as normal here on 2.4 with my Zappi Charger
Same.. Mine was in for 2 days as the dealer requested last week, it didn't ever seem to go offline, and was finished by 4pm the 2nd day (Thursday 15th), I haven't noticed any difference yet, was concerned about the home charging but it's fine on the Zappi. It has gone offline this week however and yesterday driving home the display wasn't showing any consumption figures which to my knowledge is a new occurence. Overall Distance, duration of journey, avg speed were updating but consumptin was just 0.0kWh. Available range in the GOM was decreasing as expected.
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Qudos to my garage, Citygate Watford. Very nice people and very helpful (my first VW). Booked my car in a few months ago, took it in a few days ago. The reception was very helpful. They said 1-2 days, and the car will be given a complete check as well, and will be cleaned. They gave me the courtesy car keys, an automatic thank goodness!, and I picked up two days later, all done.

They also told me aome interesting info. They are taking only 2 cars a day for the update as with some cars it's unpredictable and crashes and has to be restarted. As the update takes 4-5 hours this can prolong things if it comes at the end. He humorously told me that they have all these highly qualified technicians for the electric cars, and all they can do is sit down for 5 hours staring at a laptop screen whilst it updates!

My car took an extra day as they started it in the afternoon and it wasn't ready until next morning.
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
id73

Post by id73 »

Just got my car back after it was with Lookers Wimbledon for 10 days for 2.4 update and new 12v battery.
Checked system information screen when I got it back and it still says it’s on ID software 2.3.0, hardware H20, software 0912.

I take it it’s supposed to say ID software 2.4.0 or something like that showing the update has been done?

I’m attaching screenshots incase anyone has different versions after this dealer visit. Beginning to wonder how to tell if they have even given me the new 12V battery now…

59C978D5-5AFA-496C-965F-57BA45D2626A.jpeg

6A09B0BC-07A4-4D83-A30E-4B75E9CD3E16.jpeg