Delivery time

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
dsmith

Post by dsmith »

Yup it’s getting stupid isn’t it.

Ordered my Tour on 31st aug 21 for a nov build. It was an existing order they had placed before Aug, which is why I went for it at a slightly higher price than the online dealers as I was told nov build rather than “next year” (2022).

That turned into Dec, Jan, Mar and then July for a number of monthly updates. Then suddenly sep and then late oct. Sales rep now left and no more updates. Will chase them start of sep, but wouldn’t be surprised if they now say 2023.

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

dsmith wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 9:33 am Yup it’s getting stupid isn’t it.

Ordered my Tour on 31st aug 21 for a nov build. It was an existing order they had placed before Aug, which is why I went for it at a slightly higher price than the online dealers as I was told nov build rather than “next year” (2022).

That turned into Dec, Jan, Mar and then July for a number of monthly updates. Then suddenly sep and then late oct. Sales rep now left and no more updates. Will chase them start of sep, but wouldn’t be surprised if they now say 2023.
Beyond parody. VW couldn't run a bath never mind a business.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

Jamie1c wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:06 am

This is the dealer, nothing to do with VW
--------------------------------
ID3 Life White Derrys 58kw Pro Performance

Click here to get £50 back if you join octopus energy:
http://share.octopus.energy/cyan-teal-674
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

Does make you wonder if there is a breach of contract by them failing to build as per verbal notification of a November 2021 build? I’ve also got a Mokka E Ultimate on order since May and at least Vauxhall hedged their bets by stating there was a 26 week gap between order and delivery and they appear to be hitting that target despite it being a chip hungry model.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

It's nothing to do with chips, the ID series have just proved extremely popular. VW has a maximum capacity of around 300000 a year and is simply assigning based on order. It has already sold two years production on order in advance. It is important that the dealer gives a proper estimation of delivery. It js also important that the dealer registers the order ASAP. BTW VW is building two new factories. When they are online production will be tripled.

I have contacted VW support directly for a number of issues, one being my fault, and they have helped out immediately. Very happy with service.

Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

colonelpurple wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:07 am
Jamie1c wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 10:06 am

This is the dealer, nothing to do with VW
True, but they can only pass on info that's been sent from the factory and let's face it that info is not very forthcoming. For example, someone on here had a call from the dealer to say their car was status 10 or something according to their system only for them to get a call the same day to say the car was actually in the country and on the way to the dealership.

If you've had good experiences with VW then great, but there's plenty on here that hasn't. Loyal customers for years and years now saying they'd never deal with VW again.

This is my first experience dealing with VW and it is nothing but a sh1tshow. first impressions stick!
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

This is my first experience dealing with VW and quite honestly the whole fiasco with lack of communication & transparency is the worst i've ever had buying any car. Initially the experience was good, but it's swiftly gone down hill fast. Yes we're in unprecedented times given what's gone/going on in the world, but just ignoring the glaringly obvious issues with production and availability won't make them go away. The least they should be doing is providing monthly updates to customers with outstanding orders, if only to highlight what's going on and what their current approach is to get customers their long awaited orders, whether it's to say "the factory is currently focusing on building cars that meet past EV grant, so customers don't miss out on this contribution" or "due to parts availability, we're unable to priorities max & tour orders, these will be built in smaller numbers as and when specific parts become available, we apologise for these issues" etc etc At this point some level of communication & transparency are needed before they lose even more customer loyalty & goodwill. Currently it just smacks a bit of VW not giving a cr*p.
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Can't argue with that response, Whittaker 👍
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
colonelpurple

Post by colonelpurple »

whittaker52 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:06 am This is my first experience dealing with VW .... Currently it just smacks a bit of VW not giving a cr*p.
VW is simply at capacity. I am sure there are lots of reasons for cars being delayed, but basically when ordering an ID you should just know that it's a 1-2 year wait and sit back. If that's not desirable for you then you are free to buy another less in demand brand. IMHO its the dealer who has to be totally honest up front. Alot of dealers are offering unreasonable delivery dates, to get the business, then the buyer blames VW .....

whittaker52

Post by whittaker52 »

Thing is, regular communication costs very little and keeps a customer on side and in the loop, even if it's just a generic statement on a regular basics where something appears to actually be happening would be a positive step forward. At this point, anything is better than nothing. Radio silence (or as close as) does absolutely nothing for VW and the dealers, infact I suspect more customers are likely to get upset & irate at essentially feeling ignored, it just builds bad-will. Communication is key, just like in many situations.
MY 2023 58KW Makena Turquoise Max Pro Performance
Ordered: Mid-September 2021
Delivered May 31st 2023
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

colonelpurple wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:14 am
whittaker52 wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:06 am This is my first experience dealing with VW .... Currently it just smacks a bit of VW not giving a cr*p.
VW is simply at capacity. I am sure there are lots of reasons for cars being delayed, but basically when ordering an ID you should just know that it's a 1-2 year wait and sit back. If that's not desirable for you then you are free to buy another less in demand brand. IMHO its the dealer who has to be totally honest up front. Alot of dealers are offering unreasonable delivery dates, to get the business, then the buyer blames VW .....
The point isn't simply that cars are delayed, or that they are at full capacity, it is that people who ordered cars many 12m ago (and who's cars should be well advanced in the 'queue'by now) are simply receiving no information from VW at all.

Of course there can be delays and issues with anything, and when that happens what matters most is how companies (VW) deal with them and communicate with there customers.

Even if they don't know they should say something, and if information is subject to change that's ok, but, they still need to keep their customers informed.

And this is where VW have completely failed and why so many people are frustrated/disappointed/angry/ :evil: with them
ID3 Family Pro, Derry alloys. Order 21/09/21, bld wk 49/21, delivered 04/04/22
ID4 Life ordered 21/10/21 build wk33/22 delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
the.kes

Post by the.kes »

VW seemed to have forgotten that many of us have lodged quite reasonable deposits with them on the assumed view that at the end of an agreed time, that money would form part of the final finance agreement in exchange for a vehicle. They have us over barrels, in February when my car should have been here, I could have cancelled the order, got my deposit back and moved onto another manufacturer or even one from the same group and in all probability would now be enjoying EV driving instead of watching the value of my existing ICE car fall each month. It is arrogance of the greatest magnitude that VW is displaying made worse by a failure to communicate with those customers who have deposited money with them.
Family Pro-Performance, Manganese Grey, East Derry alloys.
Commission 314710**
Ordered 16/09/2021
Collected 19/10/2022
Deleted User 1676

Post by Deleted User 1676 »

We have gone from week 45 to no build week again.

6774C08C-2245-4873-B233-969974794F13.jpeg

Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

the.kes wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:33 pm VW seemed to have forgotten that many of us have lodged quite reasonable deposits with them on the assumed view that at the end of an agreed time, that money would form part of the final finance agreement in exchange for a vehicle. They have us over barrels, in February when my car should have been here, I could have cancelled the order, got my deposit back and moved onto another manufacturer or even one from the same group and in all probability would now be enjoying EV driving instead of watching the value of my existing ICE car fall each month. It is arrogance of the greatest magnitude that VW is displaying made worse by a failure to communicate with those customers who have deposited money with them.
I bet yours arrived at grimsby today mate, massive ship docked this morn, also Neckar highway docked yesterday, you should see some movement this week, ships are thick and fast into grimsby at the mo, let me know if you hear anything over the next few days 😊

The constanza is due back into emden tonight, then going straight back to grimsby,

Malacca highway is due into emden then going to sheerness if anyone down the south from the week 34 gang are on standby 😊
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
MrT212

Post by MrT212 »

colonelpurple wrote: Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:14 am
I think the frustration is the lack of Comms, cars coming through in no orderly fashion and the annoying emails about xyz model when our cars haven't been delivered.

When I got my update from my dealer he mentioned to me that he didn't want to inform me a proposed build week date because that means next to nothing and that the confirmed build week meant that VW had committed to building the car and that the build week was unlikely to jump around like before. My guess is that alot of dealers up and down aren't being that transparent and keeping honest folks here on strings. There's also only a finite amount of times a dealer will say there's no real update for you, it's probably demoralising for them in a way
Life Pro Performance
Moonstone grey
Ordered 6th October 2021
Confirmed Build week 38
Tracker: https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
SwissBlue

Post by SwissBlue »

ID3 Por Tour S
Ordered 1/11/2022
NO order number
No status (expect it is 10
Latest build date wk 47 from wk40 on 1/8/2022

I was expecting later, into 2023 as reported by other ID3 Pro Tour S orders on the forum. What is the latest on similar cars? At least I will get a 2023 registered car, by the time I get it. Also the guaranteed trade-in price I have is now well above the We Buy Any Car valuation, can now pack on the miles!!!

Any comments on latest situation - good luck, we need it
ag-indie

Post by ag-indie »

Does anyone with a week 38 build (last week) have any updates?
Life Pro Performance, moonstone grey
Order date 25/10/2021
BW 38, 2022, status code 20
Status 38 19/10/2022
Octopus referral
https://share.octopus.energy/cyan-light-27
Big277wave

Post by Big277wave »

I already posted on Saturday morning that my dealership emailed me to say my week 38 car is still remaining on status 20 week 38 which implies that it has been built, he said it won't change status until it leaves the factory when it will change to status 30.
1st Ed turquoise, white interior, 9/2020
Family Pro preformance, Makena turquoise, Andoya alloys
Ordered 22/9/ 2021 replacing 1st Ed which has been unreliable
Order No 31364***, pre order from July 2021
Status 70 on 25/11/22, build wk38
Tom_1985

Post by Tom_1985 »

ag-indie wrote: Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:42 am Does anyone with a week 38 build (last week) have any updates?
Nope, usually about 2-3 weeks before it will go to status 30/38 judging by previous posts on the forum.

I’ve emailed my dealer this morning to see if we have a vin yet, but still waiting on the response.

Most people are saying it’s roughly a 6 week journey from allotted BW to customer collection.

The positive is that ships are flying out of emden into grimsby so the turnover seems high atm.

One thing I didn’t realize is how far Zwickau is from emden, it’s the other side of Germany 😂
Life Pro 58KW
Makena Turquoise, Andoya wheels, assitance +
Ordered 04/08/21
Order no - 31420***
VW Cardiff
Skippy

Post by Skippy »

Our new ID3 arrived on Friday after months of total silence (and a text from Motorfinity on Wednesday saying that they were still awaiting an update from VW!) Lovely to drive but I suspect that it will take some time to understand all the functions.

2C790B08-BFED-47FC-8785-0E1E1DD17BA5.jpeg

Family Pro Performance Moonstone Grey
Ordered 26 Nov 2021
Listers Nuneaton
Order No: 31568xxx
Build week : Unconfirmed
Delivered: 23 Sept 22
White Zappi 7kW - Tethered