Sitting in the car - how do you turn it off?

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
CathB

Post by CathB »

I often have to sit in the car waiting for kids. Today, my first school pick up in the car, the air kept blowing out at me. I just want to sit in a turned off car that isn't using anything. How can I turn it off without getting out of the car? TIA

Daveion

Post by Daveion »

You can press the silver button on the RHS of the steering column to effectively turn the drive off.
In those situations though I just turn Air Conditioning off. If its really cold you can keep the seat heater on and what looks live in the car is not really hitting the range if preseving it is the aim.
1st EV Life Pro Performance sold 2022
Born v2-Tech L Pack
White, 19" Typhoon Wheels.
Collected June 22
CathB

Post by CathB »

@Daveion - I had turned off the aircon but couldn't work out how to turn off the air despite looking at the climate screen. No doubt user error. I didn't even know there was a silver button so will go and find that!! Thankyou
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

CathB wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:41 pm @Daveion - I had turned off the aircon but couldn't work out how to turn off the air despite looking at the climate screen. No doubt user error. I didn't even know there was a silver button so will go and find that!! Thankyou
Press the button that looks like an old style power button in the corner of the climate screen. That turns the fan, AC and heater off completely but doesn't affect seat or steering wheel heating.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

If the car is cold it will still be using high amounts of battery even though you have turned heating off and turned the ignition off (don't believe me, go to data while you're sat there, will be drawing around 6 kwh/h because the battery is very cold. What I do is turn everything off, open the door, lift my bum off the seat and the car should turn off. It should come back on again when you sit down but if you go to vehicle > data will only draw 0.3 kwh/h while you're sat there.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

CarterHounslow wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:24 am If the car is cold it will still be using high amounts of battery even though you have turned heating off and turned the ignition off (don't believe me, go to data while you're sat there, will be drawing around 6 kwh/h because the battery is very cold. What I do is turn everything off, open the door, lift my bum off the seat and the car should turn off. It should come back on again when you sit down but if you go to vehicle > data will only draw 0.3 kwh/h while you're sat there.
That only applies to cars built with 2.1 or earlier and which haven't had the 2.4 upgrade though. Others do not heat the battery when the car is sat on the drive.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
CarterHounslow

Post by CarterHounslow »

sidehaas wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:30 am
CarterHounslow wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 9:24 am If the car is cold it will still be using high amounts of battery even though you have turned heating off and turned the ignition off (don't believe me, go to data while you're sat there, will be drawing around 6 kwh/h because the battery is very cold. What I do is turn everything off, open the door, lift my bum off the seat and the car should turn off. It should come back on again when you sit down but if you go to vehicle > data will only draw 0.3 kwh/h while you're sat there.
That only applies to cars built with 2.1 or earlier and which haven't had the 2.4 upgrade though. Others do not heat the battery when the car is sat on the drive.
I'm running 2.3.