Plan Car Leasing (Deliveries)

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
CalumLewis

Post by CalumLewis »

Bigd0205 wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:04 pm I was assured back December time that our deals are locked in as I had looked at switching to a tour when they re-advertised further cancellations late last autumn but it later transpired that the tour would be at the new rates rather than the ones we got so decided against.

You just sick of waiting ?
There's a few reasons for cancelling to be honest, mainly because I ended up having to extend my current lease and as a result, had to service and buy new tyres for my current car which I now have until the end of the year - seems a waste of money to just return the car and then pay the initial on the ID3. Another partial reason is simply the energy costs involved - an EV was very attractive back in June as I could have done most of my charging at work, but with the unit cost being so high in commercial properties it's no longer an option so would have probably ended up costing close to what I pay for fuel now, despite the monthlies being much higher. It's a shame really but there you go.

pmcg

Post by pmcg »

Had an email to say our Max Pro orders are due to be built end of February with delivery end of April, beginning of May.
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

Same situation but plan seem to be more on the ball with their communication. Been promised a weekly call/email with updates on car status/contract/delivery etc

I've one outstanding query that they are getting me an answer to but they haven't come back to me about yet regards maintenance on my deal. I asked if they'd still cover my tyres if I put 19inch alloys (really love how the car looks with andoyas) ... I imagine the answer is no but no harm in asking
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
Broker: Plan Car Leasing
Order: Cancelled
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

My tour is confirmed into week 9 I’ve learnt today so guessing April should be be expected for delivery.
ID.3 Tour Pro S - Glacier White
Ordered circa Sept 21 by Plan Car Leasing
Build week - Unknown, advised March 23 delivery
Order Number - 31401131 - Changed to 31401162
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

Does anyone know who the supplying dealer is?
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

No I’m not sure I’m afraid, never dug enough to find out to be honest.
Rrs13

Post by Rrs13 »

I’ve tried but shot down by plan - “we don’t share dealer info”

Perhaps the fallout/change in policy from all the delays which is understandable.
MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

Update on my build (Silver Tour Pro S). I went to the VW chat and just asked them for an update. They came back with the following:

VW: "I can confirm that you vehicle build is currently in week 9, and it is in production check point seven out of eight. I am sorry to inform you that the delivery date cannot be confirmed until your vehicle has completed the production."

Me: “what does checkpoint 7 of 8 mean though? Has production started?”

VW: “This means that they are currently doing the multiple checks on your vehicle, and I can confirm that production has started as I informed you they are currently at checkpoint seven out of eight, meaning one more check to be done and your vehicle would pass production.”

So looks like I'm nearly there...! I'll forgive his slightly sarcastic tone when re-stating production had started given it's at 7 of 8 (a 'checkpoint' to me sounded like a pre-requisite prior to production).
Tour Pro S (Scale Silver) on a Business Lease from Plan Cars
Ordered Mid-June 2022 from a cancelled Sep 2021 order, expected 11/22 now 03/23
Order ref 314011**
Octopus referral (£50 to us both): https://share.octopus.energy/soft-wave-441
MikeS

Post by MikeS »

Previously when cars are 'stuck' at checkpoint 7 normally means the car is built but is missing some parts (eg HUD, or heat pump, or whatever it is) and will be refitted with that when it's available, to complete the build.
ID3 Family Pro, Derry alloys. Order 21/09/21, bld wk 49/21, delivered 04/04/22
ID4 Life ordered 21/10/21 build wk33/22 delivered 13/10/22.

Get £50 credit and switch to Octopus with me https://share.octopus.energy/wind-quoll-8400
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Sounds good. I havnt asked for an update on mine which I’m guessing would be a similar situation to yours, might jump on the chat to find out more.
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Just got off the chat and they have said I’m at production point 8.7 which means vehicle is fully built and going through final checks?
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

Good news! I got a similar update yesterday....

When I spoke to plan a week or two back they were saying that they should let us know vin when they have it. Then after that next update should be as it's processed at port. They reckon reg plates should be assigned here and finance docs issued and then the 14 day cooling off period kicks in which should allow time for car to get to dealer, car PDI'd and then hopefully on a trailer/truck to ourselves. Ideally we are no more than 6 weeks away from delivery. (Most cars seem to be arriving in UK within 4 weeks right now)
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

Yeah that’s what I was expecting, probably should start speaking with EV point home installers etc now to get that moving although havnt decided on a brand as yet either!
Bigd0205

Post by Bigd0205 »

Getting my Zappi installed tomorrow... Not the prettiest charging point but I like it's functonality for tying into my solar panels
ID3 Max Pro Performance
Moonstone Grey
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

I don’t have any solar but just want something that looks ok and works without issues hopefully, might switch to Octopus for their cheap overnight charging rates so that might mean I need a Ohme as I’ve heard people don’t have issues with those on octopus from memory.
MattBCL

Post by MattBCL »

@Mark - I'm a recent convert to Octopus and I have an Ohme Pro. Both are very good. I charge a Tesla also on it and I think it should work fine across these two cars because Octopus apparently can talk to the Ohme Pro directly rather than the car itself - so in effect - it doesn't matter which car you want to charge, it should all work. We'll see... Support for Ohm is also very good (I had a minor issue and they patched it and re-released OTA in just a few days). It's also very compact and black so doesn't stand out too much. The App is good also. BigD's Zappi appears popular too though, but I don't have any insight on that.
Tour Pro S (Scale Silver) on a Business Lease from Plan Cars
Ordered Mid-June 2022 from a cancelled Sep 2021 order, expected 11/22 now 03/23
Order ref 314011**
Octopus referral (£50 to us both): https://share.octopus.energy/soft-wave-441
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

You can use any smart charger with Octopus Go, but only specific chargers (Just Ohme so far I think, but more to come) with Intelligent Octopus.
Max, Glacier White, MY23, Software 3.2
marknorton1

Post by marknorton1 »

MattBCL wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:44 pm @Mark - I'm a recent convert to Octopus and I have an Ohme Pro. Both are very good. I charge a Tesla also on it and I think it should work fine across these two cars because Octopus apparently can talk to the Ohme Pro directly rather than the car itself - so in effect - it doesn't matter which car you want to charge, it should all work. We'll see... Support for Ohm is also very good (I had a minor issue and they patched it and re-released OTA in just a few days). It's also very compact and black so doesn't stand out too much. The App is good also. BigD's Zappi appears popular too though, but I don't have any insight on that.
Thanks for that, the Pro is the one with the screen isn’t it? They have a non tethered smaller option as well but thinking I might want tethered possibly.

Around a £1000 seems to be the going rate from the brief homework I’ve done it seems.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

marknorton1 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:21 pm I don’t have any solar but just want something that looks ok and works without issues hopefully, might switch to Octopus for their cheap overnight charging rates so that might mean I need a Ohme as I’ve heard people don’t have issues with those on octopus from memory.
I also have an Ohme (Home Pro with the screen). After some initial teething troubles it has worked reliably for about a year now and the support team were proactive. However the app interface is a bit rubbish and since I got 3.0 OTA I have taken to scheduling through the car (the Ohme can easily be put in 'dumb' mode by disabling all the schedules). I am on Octopus Go Faster, if you want to use Intelligent that should now work through either the car or an Ohme charger.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

s9bl wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:46 pm You can use any smart charger with Octopus Go, but only specific chargers (Just Ohme so far I think, but more to come) with Intelligent Octopus.
The ID3 itself is now compatible with Octopus Intelligent as long as you have software 3.0 or later, so you should be able to connect to it with any charger - at least as long as the charger can be turned permanently on so that it doesn't interfere with scheduling from the car.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.