VW ID.3 Tour Software Version at Delivery

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

This is for all those who have been lucky enough to have taken delivery of a new ID.3 recently but in particular a Tour.

What was the software version at the time you took delivery?

I am being told by the dealership it will be at version 2.3 on delivery of the Tour on Wednesday.
This is because that is the only version of the software currently released for the Tour.

Does anyone know if thIs statement is correct or wrong?

What does software version 3.x give you that software version 2.3 does not?
Current EV: ID.3 Tour Pro S :D
Previous EV: VW EGolf (Sep2019)
Date Ordered: 01/11/2021 :(
Date Finally Delivered: 15/03/2023 :shock:
Deal Honoured: :!: :?: :|
Dealership: Herritage Gl :? :roll: but love the individual people.

sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I don't think anyone on the forums or Facebook that I have seen in the UK has taken delivery of a Tour for a long time, but there are definitely a few Tours that have been upgraded to 3.0 over the air, so it's obviously guff.
I've not heard of anyone receiving a new car with 2.3 for many months.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Our tour is 18 months old so came with 2.something but has had the over the air update to 3 late last year
EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

Many thanks for the responses………. I thought it was a load of old twiddle but needed to check……. Will go back to the dealership tomorrow……. Wonder if I will get to take delivery on Wednesday now after all……. Because it makes you wonder what else could be wrong…….. either that or they are trying to get out of the deal so they can sell it to someone else for higher than they can me
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

I would double check when you pick it up that it has the correct software but also the side sensors on front and rear wings. Side sensors were added to spec (except Life models) at the same time as software 3.0. If it doesn't have side sensors that would suggest they might be trying to flog you one that has been hanging around (unlikely but possible?) and moreover not having the side sensors would permanently reduce the functionality of the car, whereas software can be upgraded.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Mine was delivered in June 22. When all new cars were coming with 3.0.

Mine came with 2.3 - I believe its because many of the tours were part built when 2.3 was the top version.

As a bare minimum - I would expect them to have done the 2.4 upgrade before delivery.. otherwise you'll have to come back and have that done before you can get OTA 3 (whenever that may be etc..)..
mediaguy

Post by mediaguy »

A tour coming with 2.3 would mean it would need to go for a battery recall and upgrade and would suggest that the car is being built in the factory with recalled hardware.

I therefore think that the statement from your dealer is a load of rubbish.
Life Pro MY23 with Interior Style Plus + Assistance Plus + Infotainment Plus
Chris

Post by Chris »

Even though this isn’t a certain but from past experience typically if you look at the week number on the tyres this will give you an indication of the build age

Our tyres was four weeks old on our tour when we took delivery and previous cars have varied from around two to eight weeks
LDC7080

Post by LDC7080 »

EVOWNER101 wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:29 pm This is for all those who have been lucky enough to have taken delivery of a new ID.3 recently but in particular a Tour.

What was the software version at the time you took delivery?

I am being told by the dealership it will be at version 2.3 on delivery of the Tour on Wednesday.
This is because that is the only version of the software currently released for the Tour.

Does anyone know if thIs statement is correct or wrong?

What does software version 3.x give you that software version 2.3 does not?
I pick my Tour up sometime next week. i will let you know if nobody else does. i cannot imagine it will be 2.3 that suggests then that the battery will need replacing for the 2.4 update
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Chris wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:18 am Even though this isn’t a certain but from past experience typically if you look at the week number on the tyres this will give you an indication of the build age

Our tyres was four weeks old on our tour when we took delivery and previous cars have varied from around two to eight weeks
Good tip! Is this easy to find?
Chris

Post by Chris »

Taken from google

The chronological age of any tyre can be found on the tyre sidewall by examining the characters following the symbol "DOT". The last four numbers identify the date of manufacture of the tyre to the nearest week. The first two of these four numbers identify the week of manufacture (which range from "01" to "53").

5852413D-8A89-4E27-8362-35D35643640B.png

MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Magic. Thanks for showing that (I guilty realise I could have done the Googling etc..). I’ll check mine later!
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Ok so just checked and my Tour - delivered in May/June 22 - has tyres fitted that were made in week 12 2022.

Likely it’s sat around somewhere for a year then!! I looked carefully on delivery and no signs at all of it being stored badly (no paint issues - rusty/corroded hinges or screws under the bonnet.
Chris

Post by Chris »

@MotMot looking at yours the tyres are mid March 22 so May/June delivery seems about right, a couple of months from tyre production to delivery
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

Sorry!
EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

Hey People

After some last minute hiccups with a dealer who finally admitted they could not find the details of my original order, I have today picked up the new ID.3 Tour Pro S.

No pics, they will just be the same as all other moonstone grey ID.3 Tours I have seen posted in recent times.

The sales person was really nice and took the time to go through our introduction to the ID.3 Tour in detail but without us feeling we were being talked down to.

By the way, for anyone who went through the painfully slow process of installing the weconnect app for the EGolf and linking it to car, do not worry. Setting up the ID weconnect app and linking it to the car was quick, seamless and a breath of fresh air.

The software version was 3.2, so that was nice.
Not quite sure what the dealer was talking about previously, see previous posts.
Either that or they found out how to upgrade it before we picked it up.

The only issue discovered so far appears to be a potentially non-functioning drivers seat.
Hopping this is just a setup matter I have not discovered yet but, if not, will be taking it back tomorrow.
Sitting so far back is not comfortable for sure and requires careful although not dangerous driving skills.

Now, I am a little uncomfortable posting this because I am painfully aware others have waited way longer than me and still await any news. All I am going to say is that I thought it was worth the wait. Particularly as the list price remained fixed from time of order. So I am already up on depreciation value as I drove it off the lot. At least that is how I like to look at it……
Last edited by EVOWNER101 on Wed Mar 15, 2023 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

MotMot wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:50 am Ok so just checked and my Tour - delivered in May/June 22 - has tyres fitted that were made in week 12 2022.

Likely it’s sat around somewhere for a year then!! I looked carefully on delivery and no signs at all of it being stored badly (no paint issues - rusty/corroded hinges or screws under the bonnet.
Bridgestone 19” tyres on the Tour I took delivery of today state 05 2023….
EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

mediaguy wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:09 am A tour coming with 2.3 would mean it would need to go for a battery recall and upgrade and would suggest that the car is being built in the factory with recalled hardware.

It was……… see delivery post…….. either that or it was a version later than 2.3 and they worked out how to upgrade it…. lol
EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

sidehaas wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:17 pm I would double check when you pick it up that it has the correct software but also the side sensors on front and rear wings. Side sensors were added to spec (except Life models) at the same time as software 3.0. If it doesn't have side sensors that would suggest they might be trying to flog you one that has been hanging around (unlikely but possible?) and moreover not having the side sensors would permanently reduce the functionality of the car, whereas software can be upgraded.
Side sensors in place and assistance plus fully working……. see separate delivery post……..
EVOWNER101

Post by EVOWNER101 »

mediaguy wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:09 am A tour coming with 2.3 would mean it would need to go for a battery recall and upgrade and would suggest that the car is being built in the factory with recalled hardware.

It was….. thankfully……
see delivery post……..