Charging Weirdness !

Faults and Technical chat for the Volkswagen ID.3
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

plug the car in tonight for its charge overnight on intelligent octopus, we have an Ohme pro charger that I sell correctly, immediately started charging on max-weird thing is the Ohme app didn’t ask me for permission to charge, it’s never done this before, anyone else going through this or is it just me?

Newfie

Post by Newfie »

I also have Octopus and Ohme Pro and had the same thng happen but it was due to Ohme lost contact with my car. It qould not refresh and connect so signed out of the API intergration and it worked perfectly.
I have since reconnected the car to Ohme and now that is working fine.
ID.3 Tour 77kWh Pro S 204PS Manganese Grey S/W 3.2
On order Skoda Enyaq 85X Sportline Plus
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Newfie wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:46 pm I also have Octopus and Ohme Pro and had the same thng happen but it was due to Ohme lost contact with my car. It qould not refresh and connect so signed out of the API intergration and it worked perfectly.
Cheers Newfie

i’ve assumed it’s because of the server outage at WV as the car isnt speaking to the mothership - i’ll try signing out and give it a try - appreciate the reply
billybobb2019

Post by billybobb2019 »

Newfie wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:46 pm I also have Octopus and Ohme Pro and had the same thng happen but it was due to Ohme lost contact with my car. It qould not refresh and connect so signed out of the API intergration and it worked perfectly.
worked ! thanks Newfie
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

billybobb2019 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 9:29 pm
worked ! thanks Newfie
That's great news.
Mine currently is reading the VW server.
So might be worth giving it a go.
TheJimster

Post by TheJimster »

billybobb2019 wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 8:07 pm plug the car in tonight for its charge overnight on intelligent octopus, we have an Ohme pro charger that I sell correctly, immediately started charging on max-weird thing is the Ohme app didn’t ask me for permission to charge, it’s never done this before, anyone else going through this or is it just me?
Same issue here. I contacted Ohme who confirmed that they had been having some server-side issues over the weekend, which were the likely culprit.

As I understand it, it's not related to whether the charger is communicating properly with the car. If the charger loses the connection to Ohme's servers, and therefore won't be able to function as a smart charger (e.g receive charging schedules), it will default to a dumb charging mode (i.e max charge override).

This was on Octopus go, though I don't think that makes any difference.
71 / 2021 ID.3 City Pure Performance, Moonstone Grey. Get a £50 bonus when you switch to Octopus energy: http://share.octopus.energy/best-moose-515
chrisfs

Post by chrisfs »

I enable the price cap in the Ohme app, set to my Octopus Go cheap night rate. This seems to be effective in preventing immediate charging.

Of course when you do want to charge straight away, you have to go into the app and temporarily disable the cap. I usually forget!
Newfie

Post by Newfie »

If I want to charge straight away I use the "Max charging" switch.
Always works a treat with or without the the price cap set.