ID3 Software Update V3

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
smyth1492

Post by smyth1492 »

Part two was done months ago. I went to the garage and pushed install this morning and it said it would take 0 minutes. Lets see what happens when I go out in the car later. (i'll check the version)
ID.3 Family Pro (May 22), Grey / East Derry alloys. Software 3.2. (2.4 dealer / 3.0 OTA / 3.1 dealer / 3.2 OTA).
PodPoint Solo charger / Car linked to Tronity for stats

rikimaru

Post by rikimaru »

Any update on this/indication of a wider roll out?
16 Sep: ID3 Max in Moonstone Grey. BW 40 confirmed. ETA early Dec.
...lots of bad info and delays...
27 April: at port. ETA end of May.
Delivery ETA: 18 May!
Steveim

Post by Steveim »

I have been waiting for the 3.0 update now for the past 7 months. I’ve asked the dealer if they can get my car updated as the location and preferred time charging hasn’t worked since July 2022 when they installed the 2.4 (which shows on the car as 2.3 of course🤦‍♂️) and they say I just have to wait until it happens and they don’t know when that will be and they can’t force the update.
Does anyone know if there is some way I can get this update done?
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

TPI 2068680/4 (or possibly/5)

People on speakev forums and on Facebook have recently had success getting a dealer to install 3.0 for them by quoting this TPI and nagging them that the shortfalls in 2.4 (eg failure of scheduled charging) are causing them serious problems. You could try it.
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
M100

Post by M100 »

I rang VW and they said version 3.0 is not a dealer install but an over the air update, and just to check on your car. No luck yet.
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

VW have posted an update on the ID Driver's Club Facebook group. It's not very positive...

"Dear all,

We have been quiet regarding OTA for the past few weeks. That is something many of you have noticed and rightly criticized.

While we may not have been very active here, a lot has been happening behind the scenes.

With your helpful feedback, our developers have analyzed issues some customers experienced during the installation of the 3.0 update, identified the causes and implemented optimizations in the software, as well as in the backend systems to help address these.

To make these changes effective, we had to stop the running waves. Those of you, who had been part of one of the waves and have downloaded but not yet installed the ID. software 3.0 update, should have seen an according notification in their infotainment system.

And now?

We need a little more time now to be able to tell you concretely how the updates will continue for everyone. We plan to have all information in April and then pass it on to you as soon as possible.

We do understand that this is not the news you have been waiting for. However, it’s important for us to be honest and transparent with you.

Thank you for bearing with us.

Best,

Your ID. Drivers Club Team"
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.
G43FAN

Post by G43FAN »

No Year given I notice......

They have absolutely no clue what they are doing and their communication people need sacking.. They still don't understand that making these statements with nothing but 'We Plan to..' 'Later....' 'We need more time..' 'As soon as possible..' These aren't statments a Global company issues, part of my gripe isn't the time it's taken but the amateur way in which they communicate making it worse.

@sidehaas - Thanks for the update
N4bro1

Post by N4bro1 »

I’m so disappointed with my id3 tour every time it does into a vw it come back worse or broken. Have my first service last weekend and paid £192 which was 45 mins in the workshop then 4 days later the car breaks down. The car was towed to the vw dealer and I’m told there’s a battery update that needed to be done??? Which there are doing but takes 6 hours. I’ve had enough and have ordered a bmw 4 series convertible which is being delivered on Friday. I’ve had 9 electric cars and the id3 has to be the worst car I’ve bought or vw dealership
duckworthsj

Post by duckworthsj »

sidehaas wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:00 pm VW have posted an update on the ID Driver's Club Facebook group. It's not very positive...

"Dear all,

We have been quiet regarding OTA for the past few weeks. That is something many of you have noticed and rightly criticized.

While we may not have been very active here, a lot has been happening behind the scenes.

With your helpful feedback, our developers have analyzed issues some customers experienced during the installation of the 3.0 update, identified the causes and implemented optimizations in the software, as well as in the backend systems to help address these.

To make these changes effective, we had to stop the running waves. Those of you, who had been part of one of the waves and have downloaded but not yet installed the ID. software 3.0 update, should have seen an according notification in their infotainment system.

And now?

We need a little more time now to be able to tell you concretely how the updates will continue for everyone. We plan to have all information in April and then pass it on to you as soon as possible.

We do understand that this is not the news you have been waiting for. However, it’s important for us to be honest and transparent with you.

Thank you for bearing with us.

Best,

Your ID. Drivers Club Team"
Thanks for posting.
What a disaster. It is not the communications that is the problem; it is the whole software team
No wonder the VW concession said that the software was ‘up to date’. - we have version 2,4 - which still doesn’t work properly
Hers: ID3 204ch Pro Performance Denim Blue Black Roof. East Derry alloys, Pack Comfort Plus, Pack Assistance Plus.
His: Mini Cooper S-Electric 184ch ‘Yours’ (UK Level 3) Chili Red, Black Pack, Heat Reflective Windows… And lots of fun