Max and Tour

All Volkswagen ID.3 related discussions
sidehaas

Post by sidehaas »

Bengeo wrote: ↑Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:14 pm
LDC7080 wrote: ↑Tue Mar 21, 2023 1:30 pm coming from 33 years of manual only driving ive done exceptional as ive only reached for the clutch 2 times so far πŸ˜‚

Wait til you drive a manual car again .... when you stop you'll be wondering why it has stalled! :D
I switch between the ID.3 and an Octavia a bit.
We have to reverse out of our drive on to a fairly busy road and then switch to forward drive to get going.
On a couple of occasions I have reversed out in the Octavia and moved my right hand up off the wheel to flick it in to D in a relative rush, before realising I was playing with thin air and needed to use my other arm to operate the gear stick :?
ID.3 Family Pro Performance (Jan 22), Makena Turquoise / East Derry alloys. Ohme Home Pro charger.

Bengeo

Post by Bengeo »

sidehaas wrote: ↑Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:36 pm On a couple of occasions I have reversed out in the Octavia and moved my right hand up off the wheel to flick it in to D in a relative rush, before realising I was playing with thin air and needed to use my other arm to operate the gear stick :?

I've still got a Golf SV and luckily it is an automatic (7 years old with side sensors and self parking that have only just been added to the ID3).
A few times I've stopped and got out of the car and wondered why the engine was still running ,,,, :shock:
Tour 77kWh Pro S in Glacier White

ID3 Build & Delivery Info Tracker : https://tinyurl.com/id3tracker
Grumps

Post by Grumps »

Also posted in delivery thread

Part of response from VW customer services

" I have called Volkswagen Brand Support for an update who has informed me that your chosen vehicle is currently at the end of assembly and being built, however, there are no current dates that can be confirmed.

Your vehicle is getting ready to be shipped."

Hopefully this is truth and not more delay.

Will try dealer again on Monday.
ID.3 Tour pro S 77 kwh Scale Silver

Ordered 15 Aug 2021
Twisted enigma

Post by Twisted enigma »

I have been provided with a registration and provisional collection date at the end of next week. Progress after months of delays and no/poor communication.
iD3 max
Manganese with bike rack prep added October 22
Ordered 12th August 21
Motability customer
Order number ********

DumfriesDik

Post by DumfriesDik »

Twisted enigma wrote: ↑Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:56 pm I have been provided with a registration and provisional collection date at the end of next week. Progress after months of delays and no/poor communication.
I suspect you will be greeted with a bouquet of flowers, magnum of champers and full tank of petrol. No, wait, that's not right. You'll bugger all I bet.
Motability Customer
VW ID.3 Max
Twisted enigma

Post by Twisted enigma »

DumfriesDik wrote: ↑Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:55 am
Twisted enigma wrote: ↑Wed Mar 22, 2023 3:56 pm I have been provided with a registration and provisional collection date at the end of next week. Progress after months of delays and no/poor communication.
I suspect you will be greeted with a bouquet of flowers, magnum of champers and full tank of petrol. No, wait, that's not right. You'll bugger all I bet.
It appears they have tried adding β€˜life shine application’ without discussing it with me. I’m assuming this is a chargeable extra! Communication will be had prior to collection. It’s either a gesture of goodwill or a further uncomfortable discussion.
iD3 max
Manganese with bike rack prep added October 22
Ordered 12th August 21
Motability customer
Order number ********

Johnjamin

Post by Johnjamin »

Just thought I’d update on my max order from September 21, it’s now built and awaiting a ship at Emden, it’s actually real!
Deleted User 1733

Post by Deleted User 1733 »

My week 11 build is at Emden .... Still the excitement evades me for now.
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Big_GT wrote: ↑Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:09 pm My week 11 build is at Emden .... Still the excitement evades me for now.
I know how you feel. I've been tempted to call the garage for any news since that's a couple of November orders making their way here but decided not to bother.

I think mine is lost in abyss somewhere. Or the garage doesn't want to pass on info until they physically have the car.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
s9bl

Post by s9bl »

Big_GT wrote: ↑Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:09 pm My week 11 build is at Emden .... Still the excitement evades me for now.
It wasn't until it arrived in the UK, and I got an email about the VIN and reg + next steps that I regained a little of my excitement :D. Registered on myVolkswagen now, appears to show the correct colour and wheels at least, but can't activate it on WeConnect ID until I collect it according to the app. Proof of ownership or whatever.
Max, Glacier White, MY23, Software 3.2
Deleted User 1733

Jamie1c wrote: ↑Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:48 pm
I know how you feel. I've been tempted to call the garage for any news since that's a couple of November orders making their way here but decided not to bother.

I think mine is lost in abyss somewhere. Or the garage doesn't want to pass on info until they physically have the car.
I think your dealer is being a bit of an arse tbh, the fact they haven't given you an order number has always bugged me, they just expect you to believe their word for it... #arnoldshark
Deleted User 1733

s9bl wrote: ↑Fri Mar 24, 2023 3:59 pm
It wasn't until it arrived in the UK, and I got an email about the VIN and reg + next steps that I regained a little of my excitement :D. Registered on myVolkswagen now, appears to show the correct colour and wheels at least, but can't activate it on WeConnect ID until I collect it according to the app. Proof of ownership or whatever.
Excited for you ! Hopefully the rest of us won't be far behind you.
MACWOMBLE

Post by MACWOMBLE »

Big_GT wrote: ↑Fri Mar 24, 2023 4:33 pm

I think your dealer is being a bit of an arse tbh, the fact they haven't given you an order number has always bugged me, they just expect you to believe their word for it... #arnoldshark
Might be worth doing it Arnold Shark just called to say November 21 order of a Tour built, just to be shipped now! Lol
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

MACWOMBLE wrote: ↑Fri Mar 24, 2023 6:50 pm

Might be worth doing it Arnold Shark just called to say November 21 order of a Tour built, just to be shipped now! Lol
Haha as it happens, they phoned me 10 mins ago to say it's on its way. They said they should be phoning back in a couple of weeks to arrange delivery. The wait is almost over.
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Exactly mate. It has been like dealing with a secret society. Absolutely no info apart from a status 10 in February 2022 and that has been all. That's why I've been reluctant to phone them because apparently they had no info 🀷
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
Deleted User 1733

Jamie1c wrote: ↑Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:09 pm

Exactly mate. It has been like dealing with a secret society. Absolutely no info apart from a status 10 in February 2022 and that has been all. That's why I've been reluctant to phone them because apparently they had no info 🀷
Glad you finally have some info now though, seems VW are hammering through the High Spec cars now to clear the old parts bin for the new ones making it out :lol:
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

Big_GT wrote: ↑Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:48 pm

Glad you finally have some info now though, seems VW are hammering through the High Spec cars now to clear the old parts bin for the new ones making it out :lol:
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Very true. We're going to be getting our new cars and they'll be outdated because of the facelift πŸ˜‚
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
TwyRob

Post by TwyRob »

Jamie1c wrote: ↑Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:50 pm

πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ Very true. We're going to be getting our new cars and they'll be outdated because of the facelift πŸ˜‚
I wouldn't worry about that. It'll be ages before a facelifted car is delivered.
Max Pro Performance, Makena Turquoise
Ordered 26/10/21
Delivered 21st April 2023
Jamie1c

Post by Jamie1c »

TwyRob wrote: ↑Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:58 pm
Jamie1c wrote: ↑Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:50 pm

I wouldn't worry about that. It'll be ages before a facelifted car is delivered.
Haha yeah, was just a bit tongue in cheek. Facelift will hit the road in 2030 πŸ˜‰
Max pro (white)
East Derry wheels
Ordered the 20/08/21
Dealership- Arnold Clark
Status 10 (14/02/22)
Collected - 28/04/23
djkav

Post by djkav »

Big_GT wrote: ↑Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:48 pm Glad you finally have some info now though, seems VW are hammering through the High Spec cars now to clear the old parts bin for the new ones making it out :lol:
They don't seem to be too bothered about my Tour.
Still no updates, other than its showing not built :(
Motability Customer
ID3 Tour (Standard) --- Stonewashed Blue
Ordered 29-Aug-2021 --- #31421
When will it be built... Answers on a postcard.