Ioniq5 first thoughts

The place to discuss everything else..
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Well i'm 3 weeks into owning the ioniq5 and i'm sure it was a good decision to go for the car . I've done 323 miles and it's showing 5.2 miles per kw . I know we've had hot weather and it's a low mileage but I find it very promising . It isn't as dynamic as my Id3 and you can't throw it around the same but it's every bit as fast when you need it. It hasn't got a rear wiper as the rear diffuser is designed to throw air on to it to get rid which it does at motorway speeds but not at local speeds . The reversing camera is not as clear as the id3 and is set low with no cover so when it rains its like looking through a heavily pixilated view . Everything else is great , it has 5 levels of regen, operated by paddles on the steering wheel , including one pedal driving and an auto based on the sat nav , a single button on the wheel also turns off the lane departure warning . Both doors mirrors have red triangle for blind spot warning . The two screens operate all the time and every time and there are so many things to change if you want to that i'm sure I'll never learn everything . I've already had one over the air update so why cant's VW do it successfully? The app is brilliant gives you loads of data as well as the ability to lock / unlock practically everything including the charging flap, which is a gimmick , I can turn on the mirror heating, side window heating and steering wheel heating separately and it tells me where the car is as well as where I am . All in all I think this car suits me and my style of driving , looks are subjective but I like it . I really enjoyed my time in the id3 but I feel a lot more confident that the ioniq5 isn't going to let me down , touch wood . Oh and another thing the dealer gave me a full set of mats without being asked and Hyundai include a Granny charger as well
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
New car Ioniq 5 Premium 72 kw

monkeyhanger

Post by monkeyhanger »

Maybe the mats are standard fit in the Ioniq 5 rather than being an uncharacteristic dealership sign of generosity? They're also included on the Cupra Born. I was parked next to one the other day, and was surprised at how big it was on the outside - a bit big for my needs.
Cupra Born V2 e-boost 230ps Aurora Blue, replaced ID3 PP Family

Audi S3 - because I hate rapid charging for long distance driving.

Octopus referral: https://share.octopus.energy/lush-fawn-565
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

monkeyhanger wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:01 am Maybe the mats are standard fit in the Ioniq 5 rather than being an uncharacteristic dealership sign of generosity? They're also included on the Cupra Born. I was parked next to one the other day, and was surprised at how big it was on the outside - a bit big for my needs.
Mats aren't standard
First Edition Pro Plus, Moonstone Grey,2.3, sold via motorway 09/07/22 at a profit!!!
Scratch

Post by Scratch »

Glad you are happy with it. The lack of a rear wiper alone would put me off. What numpty decided that was a good idea. (Sounds like he could get a job at VW without too much bother).
rawws

Post by rawws »

Ioniq was my first choice but id3 was released first and didn't want to wait so got id3. Visually ioniq is more appealing but both great cars refined can't complain although wish real world range would actually hit 300 miles so can drive to Manchester to London on single charge
ID3 Business Pro Performance 58kw
Dinsdale

Post by Dinsdale »

do the wipers go the right way as well?
ID3 Tour, Heat pump, sports pack, moonstone grey
ordered 24/01/22
Arrived: 05/05/23
Bromsgroveuser

Post by Bromsgroveuser »

Dinsdale wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:04 am do the wipers go the right way as well?
Yes wipers are configured for rhd , and every switch is backlit " how forward thinking is that " 😁
MotMot

Post by MotMot »

I really like the futuristic look of the Ioniq5 - and in many ways it ticks alot of boxes for what I want - but like @monkeyhanger for me its just a bit too large for my taste and needs :)